Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Lowering Dead End

5K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  AndyVegan 
#1 ·
I've sifted through all of my options and nothings seems to be a available. I've looked around for the Tokico struts, I found them, but I was soon notified that they were out of stock. Not really sure where to go from here..

As far as springs, I found a set of Intrax on a sort of shady website, but they had em and I figured why not. It's been two weeks and I still haven't heard from them. I'm assuming they're out of stock as well. I was going for intrax because of the drop I'll get from them.

I just can't seem to get lucky with lowering my car. The struts are shot, so it needs to be done pretty soon. Can anyone steer me the right direction on where I can find a good set of springs or struts or even coilovers? I've been searching for weeks and I figured I'd ask.

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

#3 ·
Yonoka's off Amazon for $600, will basically cost you what 4 new shocks and springs would cost you anyways.
Minor modifications needed, with plenty of threads already covering it.

#5 ·
We're either using 2nd gen stuff, Yonakas, KSport/D2, or rolling our own.

I personally use 2nd gen Illuminas, Ground Control sleeves/perches, Eibach and QA1 2.5" springs, and some modified camber plates/pillowball upper mounts.

#7 ·
You have to spread/grind the rear ears open so they fit over your spindles. Then you have to cut off the spring perches.

The KSports are ok.

Here's the thing: There aren't actually any GOOD suspension options for these cars. Everything is a compromise. Figure out what's important to you and make your decision based on that.

#8 ·
Honestly I'd just save up for some decent coilovers lol ksport, d2, DGR, ect.

I've been trying to get level drop with decent ride quality for a while and keep running into issues lol, Eibach pro-kit didn't lower the front at all (was 1" higher up front) so I decided to run a coilover sleeve in the front to level it out, and now I barely have any suspension travel up front and the rates are too high lol (#350 on MSP Tokico blues)

#17 ·
No, because stock 626 and MX6 shocks aren't valved to handle much in terms of spring rate and ride height.

You could find some Koni inserts that fit decently well (hint, 1st gen Celica Supra), put them in your stock housings, then do something like that, though. :)

#18 ·
I did manage to find a thread after writing this and see someone use Ground controls on some Illumina's.

But being a cheap bastard I'll most likely just end up buying some Stock struts and using some 50mm(2") lowered springs and deal with the shitty ride.

Can't justify spending $1000+ on suspension for a car I only paid $500 for.

#22 ·
I searched around and it looks like 2g springs with coilover sleeves, the Ebay ones, will work on a 1g with little modification. I was thinking about doing that for a slight drop. But may AAS is still functional so I would hate to destroy it.... Is anyone running this set up?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.