Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Megasquirt II and MSD 6al question

7K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  89mazman 
#1 · (Edited)
My car is at the electrical shop getting the Megasquirt hooked up. Does anybody know if pin 36 goes to the white wire from the 6al box? If so, does it have a resistor or is that inside the MsII itself. Also if the ft2 fuel rail has the same injector distance as the 4G63? It would really simplify things if it were the same distance.

Also curious if anybody knows if JP1-5 is pin 36

Thank you for anybody that can help

#5 ·
Matt, Ive got a question for you kind of related to this. I have ms2v3 diy pnp on my 1g mx6. All set up for factory coil, and factory igniter, dwell etc. I'm choosing to switch it over to a msd 6a, a blaster coil, and the msd tach adapter 8910. If I'm using the tach adapter, do I need to take the box apArt and change stuff like the mega manual says to do as if I was setting the box up for the first time? Or can I hook the msd up like everyone says to do for a factory-run-ecu car? And, if I can hook it up like everyone does to non ms cars, do I have to change any settings in Ms?

Logically, how I see it is, if people can put the msd box, a blaster coil, and a tach adapter on a factory ecu car, where setting changes aren't a possibility, and the thing runs fine, then I should be able to do the same with ms and not change any settings, or am i way off base? Lol

#8 ·
Hey guys. Iv got a 1st gen 1989 fe3n 2lt doch non-T. Im wanting to get rid of the factory ecu but i dont know what to replace it with and what would be involved. I already have the dash out due to heater core, so i thought it would be a good time to do it. Ill be running everything factory (dizzy,coil,ignition controll mod,injectors ect) untill i save enought to do the rest of it. Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks
Dan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.