89 probe GT build - Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum
Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum User Control Panel

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum > 1G MX6 (88-92) > 1G MX6 General > 1G MX6 Forced Induction
Register Home Forum Active Topics Garage Garage Photo Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

Mx6.com is the premier Mazda MX6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-12, 1:27   #1 (permalink)
  Total: 10 Power: 5

89 probe GT build

hey guys ive been lurking around a bit and haven't posted much so i deiced to step up finally

here it goes i pick this thing up for $60 (no typo) the guy i got it from was pretty drunk at the time he wanted $100 at first which i was willing to pay anyways but after i talked to him a bit he said $50 i only had 20s on me so i handed him 3 of them and told him to keep the change lol

heres the day i drug it home with no brakes just the parking brake lol i had it running that day intera switch got tripped was the only reason it wouldn't start

i got a few things fixed large exhaust manifold leak new radiator new turbo coolant hose etc i had it running good then one day an hla wouldn't shut up at all so i checked the oil... chocolate milk.. [fizzle] so i changed the headgasket put on a hks ssqv bov valve and a boost controller later i built a 2.5 inch exhaust turbo back and a aem wideband and cranked the the boost up tp 20 psi but the motor ran pig ass rich upon boost so high the wideband wouldn't register and at an idel it was so lean it wouldn't register i never did figrue out why but i bought another probe an 89gl i robbed the engine and took the GT apart.

the new setup is a t3 50trim egay wastegate, southbend stage II, thremospacers, and some other stuff im forgetting lol

i pnpd the head thats one thing i forgot lol

intake was acid ported

a/n fitting welded into oil pan

lime green!

shiny ass valve cover

installed

cam is retarted kind of like me

the plan is get it running again on 8psi for now then ill probally go to a real tial wastegate plus a fmic, water/alky injection and walbro fuel pump then turn the boost up if that dont make me happy i will jump up to a 60 trim

Last edited by fp 89 lx; 12-10-12 at 1:32..

probed_out on performanceprobe.com

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3376723
fp 89 lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-12, 22:31   #2 (permalink)
  Total: 28 Power: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fp 89 lx View Post
cam is retarted kind of like me

It was mentioned back when the retard was discovered, that it may not be beneficial for forced induction.

Can you comment on this at all, I am very curious.

I had my cam retarded when I was n/a, and tried different levels of retardation(lol), and loved every single one.

89' 626 GT ATX to MTX
Fast stuff: P-ECU/T-Bird Hybrid/Dual valve springs/Fidanza FW/Maas O2 housing/Mjspiess 2.5 Downpipe/side exit/Walbro 190/Bosh DRI injectors/NGK plugs/wires/MSD B2 coil/ATX TB
Stiff stuff: GC coilovers/Addco front sway/Addco rear sway/AWR trailing links/Energy endlinks/FSTB/RSTB/UR 4pt subframe bar/'Hondakiller' Tie bar/SS lines
Leev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-12, 2:19   #3 (permalink)

i figured i would try it if i don't like or the car runs bad it i will go to stock it not like its a huge task to put it back lol

Old 12-16-12, 21:01   #4 (permalink)

getting closer

Old 12-17-12, 7:41   #5 (permalink)
  Total: 435 Power: 5

I'll never understand why you guys insist on mounting the waste-gate on of the collector.

This ruins the merge collector inside the manifold.
It also is a fairly poor location from which to regulate flow into the turbo, requiring that the exhaust flow separates into 2 paths in opposite directions.

A much better mounting location is the front of the collector as long as the waste-gate is short enough to clear the radiator.

VF12 - VJ11 hybrid http://www.mx6.com/forums/1g-mx6-for...ic-inside.html 5 1/4" VDO splits in custom door trims http://www.mx6.com/forums/1g-mx6-gen...cs-inside.html, 12" sub in custom boot/trunk http://www.mx6.com/forums/1g-mx6-app...cs-inside.html 2.5" cat back, 18"x12"x3" FMIC.
mx_masta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-12, 1:59   #6 (permalink)

Total: 524 Power: 5

Or use a 90degree steam pipe bend. That's what I did.

Teh Telstar can NEVAH lose!
SABBAi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-12, 13:12   #7 (permalink)

Total: 1710 Power: 5

Ye gods man!....Clean your engine bay!

Quote:

Quote:

Errrr...what are we looking at here?

Quote:
Nice wood burning stove. Flat top cooking surface, very utilitarian.

(no seriously...clean your engine bay)

Gavin
gavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-12, 21:32   #8 (permalink)

thanks for the advice guys about the wastegate both locations seamed pretty good im not sure why i deiced to put it there i think it was because it seamed easier for some reason i guess there is worse places to mount it like in cylinder 1s runner i have seen that before

gavin the first picture is what i ground of the exhaust manifold to get the wastegate flange to sit flush so i would have more hood clearance

2nd/3rd picture is the a/n fitting i welded in for my oil drain

and the last thanks wood burning stoves have been keeping me warm all my life i also enjoy cutting firewood... okay i lied about cutting firewood i enjoy going on the mountain and going to drink beer and cut firewood is a good excuse lol

i did clean the engine bay a couple times but the dirt always seams to come back i going to do it again though

Old 12-25-12, 11:02   #9 (permalink)
  Total: 57 Power: 5

looking good!

sorry if i missed it, but what are your plans for intercooler/piping?

1991 626 GT w/ tkt 50mm turbo
2011 Hyundai Genesis 320hp @15psi
Pickles6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement