Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

T25 or T3

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  28r 
#1 ·
So i have one of those stainless steel manifolds coming my way for my AS 2lt that i'm putting a 12v head onto. (reason being it already has forged pistons and was rebuilt not long ago and I don't want to/can't be stuffed pulling the motor)

Turbo Manifold T3 88 92 Mazda 626 89 92 MX 6 MX6 90 92 Ford Probe 2 2 F2 F2T | eBay

I will be running a haltech with 550cc injectors batch fire & wasted spark. I have these already.

I have an R34 (t3) skyline turbo and S15 (t25/28) turbo both sitting at home.

My question is, what turbo should I use to set up with initially. Either way I need a new dump pipe.

I will be upgrading shortly after as both turbos are limited to what boost level they can safely hold and am trying to figure out what frame to use that would allow for the best upgrade after.

Using the t25 will require an adapter plate on the manifold but could possibly result in a better upgrade after eg something like GT2871.

Using the T3 will be a straight bolt onto the manifold but i'm worried an upgrade later might not result in the best turbo for a small 2lt engine. A highflow R34 turbo is still pretty expensive.

I'm not planning on running massive boost but wan't something suited that will be reliable. I also don't want something that will spool up to quick and have me tire frying/smashing boxes all over the place.

Just after anybody's 2 cents.

See less See more
#4 ·
Hey mate yeah come with cracks threw out and I just looked at the welds they looked like shit and my son of 11 months could do better and they want u to pay $200 for a manifold that took me hour to make then weld out cost me $55 and they didn't even mechine there's flat it was just crap if u want me to send u pics I can of the 1 I made

#5 ·
Yeah post some pics.
I had one of those manifolds but never installed it on the car as I went with a Subaru flange so made an adapter plate for the stock manifold.

I've been toying with the idea of a HY35W which uses a T3 flange. But at this rate i'll be making another adapter plate.

#7 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.