I got an offer to buy my new TB for my 88 626 Turbo. I did not have another new one for the gen1A turbo so I got to thinking and yep all of the sensors are the same for both turbo and na TB's. The only diff is in the extra vacuum lines for the na. So off went my semi-new TB to its new home and on went a na tb to my turbo.
Only regret is I was in a rush to get it done and could have choosen better looking bolts. Well I had to use what we had on hand. Due to my back I can not do very much these days and my Nissan buddy was willing to do the swap so I did not complain.
Here is the before shot of a new 88-89 NA TB. Notice the vacuum lines on top.
I did not take any pics of the "amputations" in process but what he did was cut the vacuum nipples off flush and then drilled and tap the holes so we could cap them. Could have used vac lines to loop them together but it only took him a few minutes to operate.
Here are some shoots of it installed.
End result is it fired right up. The idle screw had to be adjusted to idle it up some. Runs fine with no problems.