1990 MX-6 LX buildup thread - Page 2 - Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum
Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum User Control Panel

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum > 1G MX6 (88-92) > 1G MX6 General
Register Home Forum Active Topics Garage Garage Photo Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

Mx6.com is the premier Mazda MX6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5-10-09, 21:40   #16 (permalink)
  Total: 49 Power: 5

hey do you happen to be selling if working the resistor pack for the blower motor and or the blower motor? i might need one for my car? thanks and good luck with your 6

FF
fez626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 5-11-09, 7:31   #17 (permalink)
  Total: 94 Power: 5

The resistor in my LX only gives me two speeds and the one out of the DX doesn't work at all. Sorry.

Currently driving: 98 GMC K1500
Project: 89/90 MX-6 GLX hybrid
chrmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-11-09, 8:07   #18 (permalink)
  Total: 12 Power: 5

do you still have the parts car? looking for a drivers window. Where abouts are you located in Canada? thanks, rod
90MX6gtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-11-09, 10:49   #19 (permalink)
  Total: 49 Power: 5

its ok thanks and good luck

FF
fez626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-11-09, 21:21   #20 (permalink)

I'm in NB and I'm actually keeping both doors whole and hearty in case I need them, sorry.

Old 4-26-11, 19:03   #21 (permalink)

Looks like its been quite a while since I've updated this thread. Might as well add to it.

This is approximately how the car sits now. Its had a bit of a rough go at it.

I was driving it in the winter of '10 and the driver's window wasn't working in the cold so I swapped on the manual window door from my parts car. It was red, so I painted it with primer so it didn't look completely horrible. Had a bit of a fender bender and busted the signal light on the driver's side. The passenger side still has all the moulding; that's coming off soon. The tires are utter crap and were ruined even more so by a bad alignment or failed suspension components or something. It developed a bad wobble in the front end so I parked it early '10 and it has sat since then.

I've gone through a few vehicles since then but now that summer is coming around and my mom wants my DD for herself for the rest of the year I need something to drive. Sourcing the necessary components for my newly acquired 4WS is getting difficult so I figured I would put this car back into service. Plus, the fiancee likes it as its the car I was driving when she met me.

Plans for it so far are to replace everything that's faulty currently. Going to spray bomb the whole car primer so that its all one colour and eventually paint it this summer. I picked up a set of Probe 3-spokes for it and I'm tracking down tires. Also in the process of swapping the interior over to grey. I need to either convert the driver's door to power or the passenger's door to crank. There are two Probes in a nearby junkyard, a GT with power and a GL with crank. Does anyone know if the crank location is the same between MX-6 and Probe? If so, I'll get the door and swap the guts over.

I've also moved into the city with my fiancee and all my vehicles are at my parents' house 20 minutes away so getting out to work on them isn't always convenient. I'm heading out there tomorrow night so I'll get some more pictures and hopefully do a little work on it. Its supposed to rain all week, though, and my dad has his garage full of siding...

Old 4-27-11, 20:28   #22 (permalink)

Today I didn't get a whole lot accomplished, but here's some pictures anyways.

Sitting in the 'parking lot'...

Interior progress...

I played musical vehicles and shuffled a bunch around in my parents' yard so that I could park this car beside the garage for ease of access to tools and power. Here's how I left it for the night:

Here's the stack of parts to go on...

...and the Probe 3-spokes.

And finally, my musical accompaniment for the evening

Old 5-2-11, 20:17   #23 (permalink)

No pictures yet as I forgot a camera, but I did get a lot accomplished yesterday. Tore the front suspension completely apart in order to replace the struts and the ball joints. Same with the rear. The springs and caps have been swapped to the new struts, ready to go in. Took the LCA's and new ball joints to a shop to get them pressed in, only to discover that you can't. Another order to Rock Auto... Apparently, the LCA's are ~$300 each locally. Hooray for $40 Dorman LCA's online!

Also managed to find a decent set of tires cheap from Kijiji. Managed to snap one of the sway bar links for the front so I ordered a pair as well as a pair of wheel cylinders as the ones on the car look pretty cruddy.

And finally I removed the rear bumper cover to get a better look at the storage wells in the trunk; they're swiss cheese. Going to clean them up and do a fibreglass patch. Going to try and figure out a way to use the existing metal as a mould and still be able to cut it out when done.

Old 5-2-11, 20:36   #24 (permalink)
  Total: 480 Power: 5

dont you have a autozone locally? full dorman control arms there are like $80 a side there.

~Patrick~

http://www.pmx626.com/ Your all in one Probe, MX-6, 626 Search engine.
monoxidechild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-3-11, 21:07   #25 (permalink)

No Autozone in Canada. The only options I have for parts stores locally are Shur-Fit (a Uni-Select dealer), Carquest, APM, NAPA, Auto Machinery (an Auto Value dealer) and an AC Delco dealer. And then there's the dealerships.

Old 5-5-11, 5:34   #26 (permalink)

And here's some pictures of how it currently sits, waiting for more parts.

Old 2-17-13, 10:00   #27 (permalink)

So, uh, yeah. Got the car all buttoned up and back together and then it blew a brake line. It sat for a couple months until I eventually fixed that, I got it all legal for the road and drove it from my parents house to mine once. It had nasty wobble due to the wheels needing balanced and an alignment after a fresh front-end rebuild. I never got around to getting it to a shop to get fixed up so it kept sitting until now. With a baby on the way I'm trying to save money wherever I can and discovering that in about 5 months of driving my F-150 I spent as much gas as I did in the MX-6 in two years I figured driving this car again would be a really good way to save money. I dug the car out again and started fixing the nasty bits.

Brought her in from the cold and wet to start the repairs (again)...

A year of sitting over some grass has destroyed the exhaust...

Both the windshield and sunroof apparently leaked the entire time it sat so the carpet was completely soaked. I pulled it out and was amazed at the floor is still solid and no rust anywhere.

The interior will be getting swapped out with that from the GT so it'll be back to blue. The dash will be the last portion swapped as I need to re-wire the car from 1genB to 1genA to complete the turbo swap.

The driver's door has always driven me nuts because of weak hinges. The door had some nasty sag to it and was a pain to close and was slowly destroying the door panel. Last night I managed to swap over the driver's door and new factory Mazda fender from the GT; it works perfectly!

I ran out of daylight and couldn't get more than that swapped over. Snowstorm today so no worky on car. Due to living 40 minutes away from the car I can only work on it on weekends; next weekend I'm busy with other stuff so I won't get back to this until after then...sigh.

Old 2-27-13, 12:29   #28 (permalink)

Progress is going far too slow on this, although I am getting closer. Discovered that the ENTIRE exhaust is rotted on this car. I have a like-new muffler and a like-new flex pipe, now I just need the bits in between. the car I'm stripping had a new exhaust custom built and installed back in 2008; I'm hoping its all still good and can be used. Does anyone know if the exhaust is significantly different between a 4WS and a regular car?

Everything from the doors forward has been swapped over. Need to paint the grille, though.

Yes, the car is filthy. Sitting under softwood trees for a year will do that. The fenders are a slightly different shade of white due to being replacement pieces; thankfully direct from Mazda rather than aftermarket. The headlight washer lines are run through the bumper but I haven't hooked them up yet. I have no idea if a 1genB LX would have the proper wiring to run them but since my washer bottle is bonked I'm going to attempt to swap the GT's bottle over.

I'd like to ask everyone's opinion as to which window trim I should use. I like the look of the chrome but the top piece for the rear window has disappeared. I have the complete set of black trim from the GT and can swap it over, but I'm not sure how much I like the all-black trim. I may end up swapping just the rear window trim to black and leaving the side windows.

Last edited by chrmar; 2-27-13 at 12:33..

Old 3-27-13, 12:11   #29 (permalink)

So much for trying to reuse the windshield...

Old 3-28-13, 20:49   #30 (permalink)
  Total: 28 Power: 4

I'm sorry, but you have got to be kidding...

The ugliest wheels possible, probe 3 spokes.., is the current choice for the car? The absolutely hideous ford 3 spokes??

Please tell me they are just winter wheels, or temporary...or SOMETHING

89' 626 GT ATX to MTX
Fast stuff: P-ECU/T-Bird Hybrid/Dual valve springs/Fidanza FW/Maas O2 housing/Mjspiess 2.5 Downpipe/side exit/Walbro 190/Bosh DRI injectors/NGK plugs/wires/MSD B2 coil/ATX TB
Stiff stuff: GC coilovers/Addco front sway/Addco rear sway/AWR trailing links/Energy endlinks/FSTB/RSTB/UR 4pt subframe bar/'Hondakiller' Tie bar/SS lines
Leev is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement