room fuse blows - Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum
Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum User Control Panel

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum > 1G MX6 (88-92) > 1G MX6 General
Register Home Forum Active Topics Garage Garage Photo Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

Mx6.com is the premier Mazda MX6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5-30-10, 4:42   #1 (permalink)
  Total: 10 Power: 5

room fuse blows

hey all

give yous a run down what i have been doing

1993 626 gv wagon with 88 626 turbo gd wireing loom the full kit

so a few weeks back before i put the turbo engine in i was having trouble getting the blower motor fan to work but i got that working

so i hooked the rest of the loom up and put the ecu in and when i go to turn the ignition on the room fuse keeps blowing so i pulled pretty much everything back apart and couldent find no fault

but i do rember swapping the 2 relays next to the batter over trying to get the blower motor to work and i used the 2 relays from the gv wireing loom

anyways i completely forgot about the relays and i went to hook the battery up and thats when the room fuse kept blowing

does anyone have any info on these 2 relays next to the battery

this only started when i put the engine in and put the rest of the interior bits back togeather like glove box and steering shroud and center console

other then that the engine cranks fine i can hear the fuel pump head lights and turn signals work fine brake lights work fine

but what doesent work

cd player
ciggy lighter
interior lights
door lights

so to try and find the fault i disconnected the followings

engine loom to dash loom

alternator,starter motor to battery

disconnected the cd player

disconnected the interior lights

still keeps blowings

1988 mazda 626 turbo,5 spd with,2.75inch mandrel bend exhaust system, t25 turbo with stainless custom manifold 2.5inch stainless dump pipe high flow cat,boost gauge,16inch rod rims,rear strut brace,king spring superlows,monza oil catch can,turbo tech boost controller TRE performance 255LPH fuel pump
tx5_cool_dude83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 5-30-10, 9:34   #2 (permalink)
  Total: 435 Power: 5

Just for [shizzle]s and giggles disconnect the blower motor and try it again.

I'm betting it has something to do with mismatched relays.
There are a few circuits (radiator fan for example) that changed form N/O to N/C or vice versa.

And then there are all the different trim levels that the cars could be optioned with (climate control for example)

What you need to do is go through every load, relay, resistor pack, etc, that is connected to the fuse that is blowing until you find the one that that is drawing the current. Then test the item against what the WSM says it should be.

This whole debacle could have been avoided by using the tried and tested methods used by Sabbai and Jessiotrot when swapping their wagons to turbo.

VF12 - VJ11 hybrid http://www.mx6.com/forums/1g-mx6-for...ic-inside.html 5 1/4" VDO splits in custom door trims http://www.mx6.com/forums/1g-mx6-gen...cs-inside.html, 12" sub in custom boot/trunk http://www.mx6.com/forums/1g-mx6-app...cs-inside.html 2.5" cat back, 18"x12"x3" FMIC.
mx_masta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-30-10, 14:23   #3 (permalink)
  Total: 10 Power: 5

im betting that its the relays too

because i don't even have to have the accessory or the ignition on for it to blow

1988 mazda 626 turbo,5 spd with,2.75inch mandrel bend exhaust system, t25 turbo with stainless custom manifold 2.5inch stainless dump pipe high flow cat,boost gauge,16inch rod rims,rear strut brace,king spring superlows,monza oil catch can,turbo tech boost controller TRE performance 255LPH fuel pump
tx5_cool_dude83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6-2-10, 23:54   #4 (permalink)
  Total: 17 Power: 5

If a fuse keeps blowing, it usually means something is amiss in the circuit. The wiring should be checked along with the components in the circuit to determine if there's a short or other problem.
wassssup is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement