Mx6 gt f2t mls head gasket companies - Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum
Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum User Control Panel

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum > 1G MX6 (88-92) > 1G MX6 General
Register Home Forum Active Topics Garage Garage Photo Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

Mx6.com is the premier Mazda MX6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-12, 14:07   #1 (permalink)
  Total: 25 Power: 5

Mx6 gt f2t mls head gasket companies

Hey everyone, My head-gasket went and I am wondering if there are any stronger gaskets out there either than a stock oem replacement. I have located two companies that can offer a better replacement gasket. The first is COMETIC Gaskets, now they can offer me a replacement stock one that's just a fiber composite. The second is from Fel-pro which is there 9572 PT head gasket. Here is a link to check out felpro's unit.

Federal-Mogul Resource Center - Part Details

Now both are around the sixty price range. I don't really care how much it costs, I just want to run more than 14psi without worrying about the head gasket. The Fel-Pro unit if u click on the spec's it shows you that the gasket is constructed with not only a steel ring like many others, but the outter material consists of a solid steel construction along with a composite fiber and a matting silicone.

Any one know of a company still constructing Performance gaskets for this vehicle? either a copper or Multi layered steel gasket?

SlickPgt. Megasquirt 1 with v3 board and 4 bar map. 1gen lovr. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2954859
richardcrawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-12, 22:47   #2 (permalink)

Total: 1951 Power: 6

I've only used Fel-Pro OEM replacement and I never had a problem. I was also pushing 20+ psi with my an HE351 holset.

88 626 4WS Turbo Noble White
97 626 LX V6 Timberline Mica
Email me for a turbo rebuild!
Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-12, 8:10   #3 (permalink)

Well I think if I cant find another supplier then the fel-pro is the one Im gonna have to go with.

SlickPgt. Megasquirt 1 with v3 board and 4 bar map. 1gen lovr. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2954859
Old 11-24-12, 8:27   #4 (permalink)
  Total: 480 Power: 5

Ive ran 20+ through the stock OEM one on a few different cars and never had an issue. A set of ARP head bolts would do more as protection IMO.

~Patrick~

http://www.pmx626.com/ Your all in one Probe, MX-6, 626 Search engine.
monoxidechild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-12, 17:48   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monoxidechild View Post
Ive ran 20+ through the stock OEM one on a few different cars and never had an issue. A set of ARP head bolts would do more as protection IMO.

My GT has a built motor with forged internals, and its equiped with a set of arp head studs, but all I have is an oem head gasket. my set-up includes a 60-1 t3/t4 which as you know is quite a significant size turbo.

Any one here of stacking the gaskets? I heard some jimmy jammer from honda guys that have stacked oem gaskets, anyone try this?

Old 11-24-12, 18:40   #6 (permalink)

Total: 1951 Power: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardcrawford View Post
My GT has a built motor with forged internals, and its equiped with a set of arp head studs, but all I have is an oem head gasket. my set-up includes a 60-1 t3/t4 which as you know is quite a significant size turbo.

Any one here of stacking the gaskets? I heard some jimmy jammer from honda guys that have stacked oem gaskets, anyone try this?
my holset was much larger than a 60 trim T4 wheel. Get the felpro and be done with it. Besides, it's always cheaper to replace a headgasket than something internal.

88 626 4WS Turbo Noble White
97 626 LX V6 Timberline Mica
Email me for a turbo rebuild!
Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-12, 19:28   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
my holset was much larger than a 60 trim T4 wheel. Get the felpro and be done with it. Besides, it's always cheaper to replace a headgasket than something internal.

True that, I just ordered one so hope it goes good. Thanks guys

Old 11-26-12, 6:23   #8 (permalink)

Total: 524 Power: 5

I've got a MLS gasket for my F2T. I got it from Gaskets-to-Go Custom Gaskets-Home Page

Teh Telstar can NEVAH lose!
SABBAi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-12, 7:26   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABBAi View Post
I've got a MLS gasket for my F2T. I got it from Gaskets-to-Go Custom Gaskets-Home Page
Sick, any idea how much it cost you, and how much hp are you running?

Old 11-26-12, 10:49   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABBAi View Post

Did u happen to have a a copy of the Head Gasket Blueprint with detailed measurements?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement