new member here!!! - Mazda MX-6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-2-12, 11:29 Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 0

Grin new member here!!!

hey guys and girls lol I'm a new member really looking for some answers to some really good questions. I am looking or a chipped ecu for a 1988 mx6 I see alot of people have them but I haven't been able to fine a good site that sells them. I have a 2.2 that I jus had port and polished metal head gasket it had a custom grind cam and I'm going with a 60trim t3t4 that I pulled off my mustang. im really wanting to find a good ecu for it so i can use the power upgrades and see what kinda power I can put down so if anyone has some good advice let me know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-3-12, 6:25

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Power: 5

Moved to 1G General...welcome to the site!

1997 MX-6 LS
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-4-12, 10:12

I think that at this point in time no one is producing new chips for these cars. The only way you're going to find either a chip or a chipped ECU would be secondhand from someone in the community like on this website. The older 88-89 style is going to be the hardest one to find; most of the chips you'll find for sale (if any) will be for 90-92.

Currently driving: 98 GMC K1500
Project: 89/90 MX-6 GLX hybrid
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-6-12, 0:19

Power: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tr0d43 View Post
I have a 2.2 that I jus had port and polished metal head gasket it had a custom grind cam and I'm going with a 60trim t3t4 that I pulled off my mustang.

So what IS done, and what ISN'T?

If you have a GT, there are chips for that ECU that will eliminate boost/fuel cut, and advance the ignition slightly(I'm not an expert on this)

If you do not have the GT ECU, there is no chip for the N/A.

I'm going to be the A-hole right off the bat and say you don't really know what your doing/ know what you have, at least with the F2/F2T. (don't get me wrong, I am not an expert either, just a little put-off by your question)

IMO, the stock turbo motor is a learning experience from which you work off of and modify as needed. Very little needs to be done to make good power, and once your bored with that, the path most taken is an FMU to manage fuel for bigger injectors, and slap on a bigger turbo. Then maybe a standalone ECU, LSD, and some other expensive stuff.

You don't just say your going to put a metal head gasket on, bolt on a t3/4, and now you need a chip so "i can use the power upgrades". If that is the case, I would recommend Megasquirt hands down.

Excuse my attitude but I think I just want some pictures or more info or something...anything...

89' 626 GT ATX to MTX
Fast stuff: P-ECU/T-Bird Hybrid/Dual valve springs/Fidanza FW/Maas O2 housing/Mjspiess 2.5 Downpipe/side exit/Walbro 190/Bosh DRI injectors/NGK plugs/wires/MSD B2 coil/ATX TB
Stiff stuff: GC coilovers/Addco front sway/Addco rear sway/AWR trailing links/Energy endlinks/FSTB/RSTB/UR 4pt subframe bar/'Hondakiller' Tie bar/SS lines
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 1-20-13, 12:30 Thread Starter

Power: 0

boost cut eliminator

hey guys I'm at the point to where I have done all my bolt ons fuel upgrades exaust now I'm looking to raise my boost I have a mustang fuel pump supra injectors and a fuel pressure regulator that's set at 30psi I have a rebuilt turbo setting at 8 and on cold mornings it hits 10-12 and cuts I want to run 12 Daily and I need a chip to eleminate my fuel cut I've looked and looked and I get dead ends at every site I look at if anyone can help me y'all will be my savior
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 1-21-13, 6:31

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

New thread merged with this one.

1997 MX-6 LS
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 1-21-13, 10:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tr0d43 View Post
hey guys I'm at the point to where I have done all my bolt ons fuel upgrades exaust now I'm looking to raise my boost I have a mustang fuel pump supra injectors and a fuel pressure regulator that's set at 30psi I have a rebuilt turbo setting at 8 and on cold mornings it hits 10-12 and cuts I want to run 12 Daily and I need a chip to eleminate my fuel cut I've looked and looked and I get dead ends at every site I look at if anyone can help me y'all will be my savior
pm micheal knight off performance probe, he will get you a chip for around $30

1990 mx6lx 13.5@102.9 on 87shot
1989 white pgt 486whp 543wtq@29psi..dynoed 11-9-13
1991 probe gt 373whp at 24psi
1988 mx6gt 461whp @32psi
1990 mx6lx 348whp@ 18psi slipping clutch
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 1-24-13, 6:49

I have a chipped ECU for my 89 mx6 GT. I just went over to megasquirt so I wont be going back. Shoot me an offer and it's yours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda MX-6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page