Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Very poor 0-60 time?

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  thzpcs 
#1 ·
My 91 gt is not stock running 12psi boost, aftermarket muffler, all synthetic fluids all new filters, and brand new summer tires. For some reason I CANNOT get my 0-60 lower than 8 seconds. I'm hitting all my shifts flawlessly, and while it feels fast every time I look after its in the 8 second range. The stock gt is supposed to be 7.5 seconds, so why is my gt with 12 psi running only 8's? I'm not sure if its just my launching being terrible or what. Any one have any ideas?

#2 ·
Probably terrible launching.

Are you spinning?

#8 ·
take it to a dyno and make sure.

then, ignore the 0 - 60 time. what is your 60ft time?

#10 ·
yep. i ran a 14.8 with a 2.5 60' on a stock turbo at 12psi. tbird turbo would have brought that down to low 14s probably. everything beyond that comes down to the 60' time.

#14 ·
Syves57 what are you getting your 0-60 mph time reading from? If it was at the track you would have 60 foot times, 1/8th mile times and traps and 1/4 mile times and traps to post also.

Are you on a stock exhaust with aftermarket muffler?
Synthetic fluid = stock
New filters = stock
12 psi on a stock turbo is close to stock

-I guess what ever you are using to take 0-60 times is wrong.
-If your spinning that much on summer tires your suspension is shot.
-if you aren't spinning and running 8 seconds to 60 mph at 12lbs boost your engine timing might be off. When you launch at 1500 how long before boost?
The trick is to get the car moving in first and then shift early to second and hope you don't break traction.

#15 ·
The answer is bigger turbo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.