value - Mazda MX-6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 1-14-17, 22:50 Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Power: 5

value

I'm not sure if I'm going to list these for sale yet or not. However, I was curious as to what the 1st gen community would value these wheels at.
( picture later if someone really wants them, but shouldn't really be necessary )
I have in my shed a pair of the factory GT allows that have never been touched. They are NOS, still in the plastic. ( box is still on one of them, and part of the box for the other, they have after all been sitting in a shed/garage since 1989 ) Never mounted, balanced, nothing. Just like they came off of the shelf at the dealership, save for the cardboard is kinda trash...

Do these have any value to this community, or are they simply oddball relics that I have kept ahold of long past their prime?

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you. --Anonymous
http://www.cardomain.com/member/fspmx6/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 2-16-17, 1:16 Thread Starter

82 views and no one has an opinion on this?

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you. --Anonymous
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 2-16-17, 22:16

Quoted: 31 Post(s)

I'd assume a purist who has 2 other ultra-clean wheels would place some value in them.

Other than that unicorn, i doubt anyone would have use for only 2.

I have 2 complete sets of the factory wheels that are "clean enough" to look great. That suits me fine, however a lot of folks would have by now upgraded to 16" or 17" and updated the look all the while.

I believe in reincarnation... just the other day i saw an old lady turn into a driveway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 2-16-17, 23:30 Thread Starter

Kinda what I was figuring, though with the hopes that if there ARE any purists they would be here. I'd be doing something with them myself if I could get ahold of another pair of NOS wheels.. but damn it, retail they're a fortune!

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 2-17-17, 12:55

Quoted: 64 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdreamdxbudget View Post
Kinda what I was figuring, though with the hopes that if there ARE any purists they would be here. I'd be doing something with them myself if I could get ahold of another pair of NOS wheels.. but damn it, retail they're a fortune!
I think you may have that backwards, you want to find an original owner who loves the car, has no knowledge of cars, doesn't visit any forums, has no search skills...
You would be amazed by some of the bargains you can find on Ebay:
1 Rocker arm $999.00
RA409 DNJ Rocker Arm | eBay
(Rockauto $18.78)

Factory map sensor $595.62
Manifold Absolute
Pressure Sensor Standard AS118 | eBay

(Rockauto same make and part# $195.00)

12 AC delco oil filters $542.64
Engine Oil Filter-Durapack ACDELCO PRO PF2057F | eBay
(Rockauto AC delco PF2057 (PF2057f is an alternate part number) $2.91 each, $34.92 for 12, 186 filters for $542.64)

Used temperature control levers $340.45
TEMPERATURE CONTROL LEVER CONTROL FITS 88-92 MAZDA 626 7156998 | eBay

Could you see any MX6.com member buying any of the above items?

You want the people that would buy this stuff.

I am sure if you put them up on Ebay at a reasonable price (unlike the above sellers) and be patient you will probably sell them.
I would think $125 each is a fair price for new, unused, never had tires installed on them factory original rims.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mazdacarnage
BUILD IT, BEAT IT, BREAK IT, REBUILD IT, BEAT IT MORE, BREAK IT AGAIN, BUILD IT BETTER, BEAT IT THE MOST AND ?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 2-18-17, 21:51

Quoted: 31 Post(s)

Wow, i've purchased 2 distributors from B&R in Eugene over the years (had a friend pick them up and ship them to me) for $40 each. Looks like they found eBay! (climate control lever group) ...

Those prices are insane - for used parts.

I believe in reincarnation... just the other day i saw an old lady turn into a driveway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page