Mazda666 Badge for Mazda626 - Mazda MX-6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 4-17-17, 14:04 Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Power: 5

Mazda666 Badge for Mazda626

My winter car is a 1988 626GT (This one http://www.mx6.com/forums/1g-mx6-oth...0-upgrade.html (1988 626 GT 100$ upgrade.)), I recently purchased a new body for it, a mint 1988 626DX, it is in perfect shape and this time I will coat the entire front end, floor (top and bottom) and wheel wells in Rhino lining or Por15 paint, I will transfer everything from the 626GT and improve a few things. The 626 is a low budget build but turned out to be extremely fast for very little money.

My first build was a 1988 626GT in the late 90's and I had plans for a 666 badge and collected a bunch of factory trunk logo's from junk yards but never got around to making it.

I will be painting the new 626 Body and despite the fact it has none of the money or shiny custom parts the the original 666GT had (now my 88mx6Gt) it is worthy of a 666Badge.

I chose the shiniest 626 badge and a second in pretty rough shape, I cut the 2 out of the shiny badge and the first 6 from the rough badge.

I ground the pieces until they fit together properly, then I glued them filled the back with epoxy, built up the front with gorilla glue and finally a bit of body fill.

Still needs the background painted black.

I carved the mounting pin off the 2 in an upside down T shape, grooved an installation point in the center 6 and glued it into place.

The Badge I used had the mounting pin behind the Mazda lettering broken off, I used one from the rough badge, drilled a tiny hole in it and the stub on the 666 badge and used a small dowel and glue to repair it.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mazdacarnage
BUILD IT, BEAT IT, BREAK IT, REBUILD IT, BEAT IT MORE, BREAK IT AGAIN, BUILD IT BETTER, BEAT IT THE MOST AND ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page