HP High Performance engine kit - Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum
Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum User Control Panel

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum > 1G MX6 (88-92) > 1G MX6 General > 1G MX6 Other Performance
Register Home Forum Active Topics Garage Garage Photo Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

Mx6.com is the premier Mazda MX6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 3-3-05, 21:58   #1 (permalink)
Banned
  Total: 21 Power: 0

HP High Performance engine kit

What's up guys ... I was wondering if anyone has ever used the HP High Performance engine kit on their car ... It is sold at www.ImportPerformanceParts.net ... Hopefully someone has purchased the kit and can tell me if it's a good rebuild kit or not ... I know REbel2K has blown 2 motors with the TopLine engine kit so that one is a definite NO ... Thanks to those who reply.

Steevo
Dumped626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3-3-05, 22:23   #2 (permalink)
Banned
  Total: 775 Power: 0

blame the supplier, not the tuner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumped626
I know REbel2K has blown 2 motors with the TopLine engine kit so that one is a definite NO
Rebel blew his motors with detonation. No engine kit will exempt you from the heartbreak of detonation.
SleepCounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-7-05, 21:52   #3 (permalink)
  Total: 462 Power: 5

this is the rebuild i'm following - slightly modified version of what MXb suggested a while ago. I haven't decided if i should buy the gaskets individualy of just get a gasket set - i just need to find a good set first.

Quote:
Silv-O-Lite Pistons: 3121H50 (20 over) $26.76ea Sealed Power (Hypereutectic)

Silvolite: http://www.kb-silvolite.com/spistons...tails&S_id=467

Moly Rings: E542K-.50 $62.75 Set Sealed Power
Ring design: http://www.federal-mogul.com/cda/con...5_6734,00.html

Clevite Rod Bearings: CB-1362AL $42.99 set AZ ($69 Toga)
Clevite Mian Bearings: MS1830AL $33.99 Set AZ(HI_TECH) or($55Toga)
oil pump: OPMA12 $80.00 Import Performance

Water Pump: 5764165 $39.99 Autozone
T-Belt: 40134 $26.19 Goodyear

OIL SEAL-CAMSH $7.95 fel-pro @ Adv A)

OIL SEAL-CRANKSHAFT $7.97 fel-pro @ Adv A)

INTAKE MANI gasket $4.52 Fel-Pro (pro parts)
Rear Main: BS40421 $11.35 Fel-Pro (pro parts)
Oil Cooler Gasket: BPC8-14-702 $5.98 Mazda
Thermostat: F201-15-171A $12.90 Mazda

Block Work: Bore,Deck,Polish Crank, 158.55
Swap Pistons, Check Rods
Head Work was done for free, swapped out work.

I think that is a pretty good list of parts and prices. My rebuild was a .20 over. Pistons and bearings were purchased from a local parts store. the pistons are Hyper whatever. same as factory. They are holding 15 psi on a T3.

Last edited by n2o_matt; 3-7-05 at 21:56..
n2o_matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-11-05, 8:10   #4 (permalink)
  Total: -15 Power: 0

How much hp will that kit give our cars?

Daily Driver-88 Mazda GT, K&N cone air filter, 3'' pipe with Apexi N-1 muffler, Home Depoit CAI

Soon: T3 and MORE!!!!!!!!!!
1fast88gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-11-05, 8:14   #5 (permalink)
  Total: 530 Power: 5

At least 400hp. Give or take 20.

1989 MX-6 GT - SOLD

T3/T4, MegaSquirt 'n Spark
cenatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-11-05, 11:20   #6 (permalink)
  Total: 462 Power: 5

^ - Lmao

to update that list tho - you need more gaskets than what is there. Advanced auto sells a Fel-pro lower gasket set for $55. You will also need a head gasket (Mazda is your best option here)

This is just a rebuild kit - and you wil prob need more than what is posted depending on your situation. This kit wil not give you ANY extra hp, except what you lost from general wear - maybe.

Last edited by n2o_matt; 3-11-05 at 11:24..
n2o_matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-11-05, 12:25   #7 (permalink)
  Total: 10 Power: 5

i like the sound of that, but it doesn't come with connecting rods and those are $700 xtra...YIKES...

id like to see sleepcounter, DJ_, sick's opinion on this.. i will probably get this to build my other f2t, even though it only has a blown head gasket..

i know nothing about rebuilding motors.. can anyone recommend a shop in cali.. between la and diego area
xtrakrdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-11-05, 13:58   #8 (permalink)
Banned
  Total: 775 Power: 0

knowing the lingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrakrdt
id like to see sleepcounter, DJ_, sick's opinion on this.. i will probably get this to build my other f2t, even though it only has a blown head gasket..
I've never built an F2T. Sick (says he) has, but it might never have run yet (or might have expired within 45 seconds) -- he's being somewhat shy about telling us the results.

Jake's F2 days are behind him -- he's graduated to more manly stuff.

Quote:
i know nothing about rebuilding motors..
Then perchance you should leave the choice of parts to the shop you choose. I know if I were building it, I'd warranty it with the parts I like, and tell you you're on your own if you brought me the parts you like.
SleepCounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-11-05, 15:27   #9 (permalink)
  Total: 10 Power: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepCounter

I know if I were building it, I'd warranty it with the parts I like, and tell you you're on your own if you brought me the parts you like.
yes that makes sense, but it hard to find a shop 1: that want to work on these motors 2: know of any "performance" engine parts for our cars..
xtrakrdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-11-05, 15:44   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Alright ... I know this isn't a complete rebuild but this is what's coming with the HP High Performance Engine Kit from www.Importperformanceparts.net ...

Complete Gasket Set
Copper Head Gasket
(up to 30 psi)
ROSS/Wiseco Forged Pistons
for Turbo/Non-Turbo
(86, 86.5, 87 bore) and
8.5 to 11-1 comp)
ROSS Performance Rings
Performance Wrist Pins
TOGA HP Main Bearings
TOGA HP Rod Bearings
Thrust Washers
Timing Belt
Expansion Plugs

The kit costs $960 shipped which in my opinion isn't bad ... I've heard that Ross pistons are good ... If possible i might ask them if they can get the pistons in a lower compression like maybe an even 8-1 ratio but if not then 8.5-1 is fine ... I know there are still more parts i need to make it a complete rebuild so i was hoping some of you guys can help me out on what else i need ... I know i would need an oil pump,crankshaft kit and that's pretty much all i know of ... So all the help you guys can provide on whatever else i need i will appreciate ... Also if you can provide info on what brands are good for other parts i will need ... Please include links or whatever you can if possible ... Thanks for the help guys.

Quote:
blame the supplier, not the tuner!
Quote: Originally Posted by Dumped626
I know REbel2K has blown 2 motors with the TopLine engine kit so that one is a definite NO

Rebel blew his motors with detonation. No engine kit will exempt you from the heartbreak of detonation.
I heard straight from Rebel that the TopLine kit was crap but i might have misunderstood him.

Last edited by Dumped626; 3-11-05 at 16:14..
Old 3-11-05, 18:15   #11 (permalink)
  Total: 678 Power: 5

Question Dumped626.......What ever happened to DumpedMx6??? Is his car running good, and did he ever put on that big turbo??

BuhBye Vanessa; Helllllooo Aalina *Licks Lips*
mx6GT91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-11-05, 21:58   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Question Dumped626.......What ever happened to DumpedMx6??? Is his car running good, and did he ever put on that big turbo??
Well as of right now my cousin Mike A.K.A DumpedMx6 has had the motor rebuilt(Stock rebuild) and also had the turbo from the older 300zx rebuilt as well ... Damn car runs real strong and fast ... He's taken out a few SRT-4's,NSX's and EVO's and some others ... Oh yea,he's only at 5 PSI ... He sold the T3/T4 he had for 800 ... But unfortunately he may be selling his car this coming wednesday if everything goes through ... One of his buddies from work is supposed to buy his car for $4500 and Mike is trying to get an Rx-8 ... I've been telling him not to sell the 6 'cause he's put so much work into it ... He just barely put an older M3 spoiler on it ... I'll get some pictures of it posted A.S.A.P ... Looks real real nice ... Not really big ... Only 5 inches high ... But yea if things go down,the 6 will be gone on wednesday ... Hopefully he changes his mind and keeps it ... I'd really hate to see it go.

Last edited by Dumped626; 3-11-05 at 22:04..
Old 3-11-05, 22:16   #13 (permalink)
  Total: 31 Power: 5

was the 400 hp a joke?
Mpitre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-12-05, 20:17   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
was the 400 hp a joke?
Who said anything about 400HP ??
Old 3-17-05, 23:59   #15 (permalink)
  Total: 6 Power: 0

guYs i just bought that kit it seems pretty nice. i have all the parts and my motor is in for custom work to the rods and to get her balanced. i have a good machine shop here that thinks its cool to work on one of these cuz he usually only does high performance v8's. i am boring it out .20 and all of my rods and crank shaft have been polished and shock peened. my rods are being blueprinted and having bronze bushings put in them to make them full foaters. i have a t3/t4 going on this set up with the copper head gasket and lots of fuel i am going to try for 20psi. if not i am sure im going to run 18 at the track. big front mount intercooler to help out. lots of other stuff just too much to list so there is the important stuff. here is a place you guys can go and check out my set up and my rods and crankshaft after polishing. the pics are small but you can get the idea. http://www.t-mobilepictures.com/6436...=1111125597796

2001 grand prix gtp
15.3 1/4 mile with a 2.3 60' with 3.4" pulley and no cat and intake.
moto_glen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement