Custom O2 Housing - Page 4 - Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum
Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum User Control Panel

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum > 1G MX6 (88-92) > 1G MX6 General > 1G MX6 Other Performance
Register Home Forum Active Topics Garage Garage Photo Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

Mx6.com is the premier Mazda MX6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-12, 22:23   #46 (permalink)
  Total: 17 Power: 5

Pickles6, I PMed you.

mazdacar707, that's a shame your zebel cracked. Comparing the zebel 5 bolt flange to this custom made one, the custom one is thicker, so hopefully that will not happen.

It's def. a worth while mod. I'm still in disbelief on how much of an improvement it is over stock.
mjspiess is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-12, 19:33   #47 (permalink)

Total: 1710 Power: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjspiess View Post
I'm still in disbelief on how much of an improvement it is over stock.
Im not

And honestly, looking at the system as a while and thinking about things logically, it makes perfect sense....it always made perfect sense. I think in the rush for bigger and "better" turbos, people just overlooked the obvious connection

Setting aside some cash for this.

Gavin
gavin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-12, 19:40   #48 (permalink)

That's a really great point. The IHI may be small, but once the exhaust side is opened up, it's like a brand new car.
Old 11-11-12, 23:41   #49 (permalink)
  Total: 480 Power: 5

It really never over looked. We have been saying for the last decade the #1 product we have been trying to get commercially made for the engine has been a o2 housing. Not so much on this forum, But for sure on PT and PP. Its why so many have made there own. Im sitting on two bare sets of flange's as spares just in case even.

~Patrick~

http://www.pmx626.com/ Your all in one Probe, MX-6, 626 Search engine.
monoxidechild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-12, 15:07   #50 (permalink)

The EVO, DSM, 240SX, Supra, SRT & Genesis crowd have it easy with so much aftermarket support, including a commercial O2 housing. I was on the Sonic & Cruze forum the other night & they have a commercial O2 housing now too, although quite pricey in my opinion.

This is a product no one should pass on. I'm not just saying that to get sales, because I don't get any money from this. All the money goes to my friend. I'm just trying to help provide a great product that should have been provided all these years
Old 11-12-12, 22:25   #51 (permalink)

Total: 1710 Power: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by monoxidechild View Post
We have been saying for the last decade...
Really, people were making cries for this in the past? Before Jake there was the german fellow who had an item on ebay for a bit, another german with a PGT who made a full exhaust system including housing (still have the pictures saved), ....before that,er.... I cant really recall much for the F2T and the stock VJ-11 (FE? sure, everyotherturbo sure). Granted, Im not everywhere at everytime, but I get around....

Meh...regardless of that, its an idea thats good and mjspeiss has brought it back into the limelight(with an actual viable product). Hopefully people will take advantage of it

OI!...monoxidechild....you hoping if you keep those flanges around long enough theyll turn into gold? Cuz if you arent gonna be using them......

PS: talk about synchronicity...Check out what the Aussies are up to... http://www.mx6.com/forums/australia-...ml#post2401993 (Custom O2 housing and 3" exhaust) :lol

Gavin
gavin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-12, 23:19   #52 (permalink)

I bought my Probe in '05, but didn't really start upgrading stuff until '06. I didn't really have a place to work on it, the time to work on it, nor did I have much money. Also, I don't typically upgrade things until the OEM parts break. It just so happens the exhaust lasted this long & the more I searched for upgrades, the more I discovered I missed out on some good stuff! I wanted the good stuff, so I found a local guy to fab a 2.5" downpipe, but the O2 housing is a different beast. I'm really glad my friend took on the challenge & members are buying. That Aussie PMed me a while back about the 5 bolt flanges, so he may be making more. He did a heck of a job on his too, but looks much more complicated.
Old 11-14-12, 11:03   #53 (permalink)
  Total: 29 Power: 5

Hey, I just sent in a deposit for the housing. Tell your friend thanks. This is a great thing for these cars. I'm sort of lucky enough to be running a crude housing ugrade now that I found on Ebay years ago. But it amounts to no more than a very short 2.5" pipe welded on to the bottom of the housing. There's no split porting for the exhaust flow to effictively go out, so this housing will be a great upgrade in appearance and function.

Last edited by ugly mx6 guy; 11-14-12 at 19:51..

Yes my car is ugly
ugly mx6 guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-12, 14:48   #54 (permalink)

Nice! Glad to hear it. I'll be sure to thank him.
Old 11-24-12, 19:04   #55 (permalink)
  Total: 10 Power: 0

hi, very interested in purchasing one of these, but what's the turnaround time after payment is made to actually have it in your hands? thank you.
MX-6 GT 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-12, 21:41   #56 (permalink)

He's shooting for a turnaround time of 2-3 weeks after payment.
Old 11-26-12, 18:24   #57 (permalink)
  Total: 216 Power: 5

awe too late for christmas then eh? or at least it would be cutting it close.

Last edited by DarkMx-6; 11-26-12 at 23:45..

DarkMx-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-12, 23:41   #58 (permalink)

Here's some pics of the "new" design. Well not really new, but truly stock bolt up locations. The prototype he built me was about 3/4" off on the bottom to provide a more smooth curve where the two 2.5" tubes meet. I lucked out & it happened to work fine with my setup due to the 8" flex pipe on my downpipe, but it did move my downpipe over & barely clears a tab on the front crossmember. You can tell this one is just slightly different from mine where the joint is. It's such a tight bend, he doesn't have much of a choice on the design for a true OEM fitment. He also brought the wastegate tube slightly closer to the turbo to create a bit more clearance for the potential A/C users & power steering lines. Things are moving forward well though.

This will ship out to the first customer today (11/29/12). It only took about 3 nights slowly picking away at it in between other jobs so hopefully some more orders start flowing in.

He's had a number of people contact him, but only one has sent money. PM me for contact info.

"New" Design

Prototype

Old 11-28-12, 23:48   #59 (permalink)
  Total: 28 Power: 4

God it's SOO cool...

Save for GFs anniversary or save for O2 housing....

Dammit.

89' 626 GT ATX to MTX
Fast stuff: P-ECU/T-Bird Hybrid/Dual valve springs/Fidanza FW/Maas O2 housing/Mjspiess 2.5 Downpipe/side exit/Walbro 190/Bosh DRI injectors/NGK plugs/wires/MSD B2 coil/ATX TB
Stiff stuff: GC coilovers/Addco front sway/Addco rear sway/AWR trailing links/Energy endlinks/FSTB/RSTB/UR 4pt subframe bar/'Hondakiller' Tie bar/SS lines
Leev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-12, 0:17   #60 (permalink)
I knows sumpthin

Total: 937 Power: 5

Money Sent!

Glad to hear about the modifications to fit better with A/C!

Form Follows Function. If it doesn't work, get it the f--- out.
A RaceCar Named Carmen
MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement