how to install a hks sqv on any mx6 gt probe gt 1989 F2T engine helppppppppppppp!!!! - Mazda MX-6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 2-22-13, 7:23 Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 2

how to install a hks sqv on any mx6 gt probe gt 1989 F2T engine helppppppppppppp!!!!

how to install a hks sqv on any mx6 gt or probe gt 1989 F2T engine helppppppppppppp!!!!
having a picture is best !!!thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 2-22-13, 13:50

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Power: 5

Thread moved to 1G General.

1997 MX-6 LS
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 2-23-13, 18:21

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 2-23-13, 18:46

Power: 4

the first link isn't a simple way at all unless you're gonna upgrade the turbo to bov hose and the bov to intercooler hose as well. 2.5" will not fit inside the stock 1 7/8" hoses

the second way would require more than that adapter.

basically what you're looking for is a 2 inch flange pipe to go in place of where the bpv is on your system. its that black piping above and to the right of your turbo if you're looking down at it.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 2-24-13, 2:29 Thread Starter

but the stock bov pipe have some small hole link to other pipe what can i do ?block them??
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 2-24-13, 10:32

Wow dude, wake up! Use the small hole link pipe and run it to the second adapter. Or just have the second adapter welded into your piping somewhere. Or just upgrade 1 pipe and get an adapter from 2-2 1/4. There are lots of ways to run this. I personally have gone both small flange and hks pipe.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 2-24-13, 12:01 Thread Starter

hey man "P_Mac.....do u have some picture to explain it ....i am from hong kong ....my english is not not....sorry LOL.....i am begging you T.T.........i am fxxking trouble for that !!!!!!!!!please tell me how by picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!god bless you ^E^
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 2-24-13, 16:58

The second flange (nappy in my opinion but it worked)

or the clean up kit

my layout has changed a few times since then but the general idea is there
If you have any more questions let me know

Last edited by P_Mac; 2-24-13 at 22:40.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 2-25-13, 3:36 Thread Starter

how about that two ports on this INTERCOOLER hoses boot????
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 2-25-13, 7:01

now your cooking with fire. Like I said there are many ways to make this work. the bigger port aimed down in this pic would probably work. Just find out what size the port is. Go to an auto parts store and figure something out. (For example: pick up a small adapter and hose that would go between that and the bov adapter) I personally would order that 2 1/4 bov pipe on ebay and a few couplers. like this
Universal Blue 2 0'' to 2 5'' 3 Ply 90 Degree Reducer Silicone Hose Coupler BL | eBay And put a silicone reducer on the other end of the bov pipe.

All in all if you want to go the very cheap way just to make it work, Get the small adapter and run a hose to it. If you want it to look good and be able to show it off a little, get the pipe and make it work. Truely this is not rocket science.
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 2-25-13, 18:16

that one pointing down is the bypass into the turbo inlet, you wouldn't want to hook a bov to that...easy and cheap, just plug that and the small nipple for the vacuum hose, if you did the ssqv with the bypass adapter, you run the bypass to that, then you just got to figure out how you wanna do the other end, I've done it by making a pipe with welded adapter that just fits between the 2 stock rubber hoses, or you can just replace that whole section with like a 2" or something that's easier to adapt to the bov adapter, then just get reducers for the turbo out and i/c in...really there are so many ways to do it, it's all up to what you want to/know how to do...
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 2-25-13, 18:35

thanks for pointing that out matt89glturbo. I got rid of that piping so long ago I don't recall what the passages went to.
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 2-25-13, 20:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt89glturbo View Post
that one pointing down is the bypass into the turbo inlet, you wouldn't want to hook a bov to that...easy and cheap, just plug that and the small nipple for the vacuum hose, if you did the ssqv with the bypass adapter, you run the bypass to that, then you just got to figure out how you wanna do the other end, I've done it by making a pipe with welded adapter that just fits between the 2 stock rubber hoses, or you can just replace that whole section with like a 2" or something that's easier to adapt to the bov adapter, then just get reducers for the turbo out and i/c in...really there are so many ways to do it, it's all up to what you want to/know how to do...
exactly what i said in post#4 without mentioning that you'll need to plug the bottom pipe inlet and vacuum hose nipple

seriously, get 2" or 1 7/8" flange pipe and go that route. its the easiest way. i'm actually about to put on a greddy bov that way, but with a different flange of course.
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 2-25-13, 20:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Mac View Post
The second flange (nappy in my opinion but it worked)

or the clean up kit

my layout has changed a few times since then but the general idea is there
If you have any more questions let me know
Can I ask why you didn't just weld the flange directly onto the pipe?
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 2-26-13, 0:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyVegan View Post
Can I ask why you didn't just weld the flange directly onto the pipe?
because I cant weld and It was a quick fix. I already ordered the other pipe at that point and just wanted to hear the bov. That is also why I said it was nappy. My set up is pretty legit now, so don't worry about me. I was just giving him an example.

Also If you do want to go another simple way you could have this flange welded to any pipe and shazam!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Steel-HKS-SS...afcfdc&vxp=mtr

Last edited by P_Mac; 2-26-13 at 0:31.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda MX-6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page