LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 6-13-16, 18:42 Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Power: 5

Garage
Hseries cable conversion?

Anyone ever convert H series tranny into cable shift? I can think of a few ways but all require custom stuff. Just wondering if there was an easy way out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 6-13-16, 20:32

Quoted: 69 Post(s)

You can think of a few ways, really, Even with three cables and pulley's the center cable would have to be very stiff and if it binds then it wouldn't push the shift rod out of 1st or 3rd or 5th.

The thing is cable shift transmissions usually have 2 pivot arms and 2 cables.
Why exactly do you want a cable shifter?

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mazdacarnage
BUILD IT, BEAT IT, BREAK IT, REBUILD IT, BEAT IT MORE, BREAK IT AGAIN, BUILD IT BETTER, BEAT IT THE MOST AND ?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 6-14-16, 17:31 Thread Starter

Garage
Well at the time of writing this I was looking at different shifter assembly options and I'm less then satisfied with the way the rod alignment is on the 326. It shifts but not very precisely for many reasons. I refreshed the tranny lately and made sure everything was perfect in there. Shifts great on the bench. I removed everything from the red 326 and scrapped its carcass. I have a street legal edition ready but it's a bit rusty albeit MUCH less then the red one was. I'm looking into a very clean one. Still haven't got in touch with the owner. He's always at work when I knock at his door. If I can get his car for a decent price I'll use that one. It's a never ending project. But that's ok, it's really a weekend thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 6-15-16, 13:12

Quoted: 69 Post(s)

I will try and get a look at the 326 shifter set-up that's at my shop it shifts well.

You in montreal, when you say street legal do you mean already plated.

Man you welded up that crazy manifold you must be able to weld yourself up a custom shift rod.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mazdacarnage
BUILD IT, BEAT IT, BREAK IT, REBUILD IT, BEAT IT MORE, BREAK IT AGAIN, BUILD IT BETTER, BEAT IT THE MOST AND ?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 6-15-16, 20:07 Thread Starter

Garage
Like I said. I can think of a few ways. I've crafted many many many things for this car. But sometimes you want an easy way out. So there's no harm in asking around. I don't know everything. Actually I don't know shit. I go about the research that I personally made and I see things that others do that also inspire me. I test and break a lot of things. I know that the 326's that I've seen online at the moment use g series transmissions. I fit the H-box in there. Had to hammer the left chassis rail and removed the lower lateral brace. I use 3 mounts in my last iteration. I made a 4th on my dry/ice box front lower rad support assembly that I fabbed but I rethought the whole ordeal and going with 3 mounts and a side tank instead of a front tank. Anyway.... lol Theres so much I could probably write a small book about the things I've done and were just not up to par to what I wanted as the end product. I'm also trying to lower the engine as low as I can in order to make the axles sit almost straight. When you smash the pedal the car lifts like mad and extends the joints quite a bit. And I am working on lowering its center of gravity overall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page