Pics Of The Beast - Page 9 - Mazda MX-6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 125 (permalink) Old 1-17-13, 1:11

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 5

i havnt logged on these forums in ages, just dropping by and saying Hello for the few old members that remember me. dont feel like making a new thread for this.

2011 Mazdaspeed 3, Velocity Red, kinda the MX6 replacment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 125 (permalink) Old 1-17-13, 4:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I'm sure to build that car would easily top $30k, more wouldn't surprise me either.
As I recall the number on the highball cars build was closer to $100k. And yeah, I could compare the selling price to that of southwest stock dirt oval cars as well.....but what does that prove other than dirt oval cars are a dime a dozen (and cheaper than spec miatas)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda_MX6_Turbo View Post
i havnt logged on these forums in ages, just dropping by and saying Hello for the few old members that remember me. dont feel like making a new thread for this.
Hi Rami .

Gavin
post #123 of 125 (permalink) Old 1-17-13, 20:53

This car was just up on eBay. Bidding got up to $6000 without hitting the reserve.

Currently driving: 98 GMC K1500
Project: 89/90 MX-6 GLX hybrid
post #124 of 125 (permalink) Old 1-19-13, 17:39
I knows sumpthin

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
As I recall the number on the highball cars build was closer to $100k. And yeah, I could compare the selling price to that of southwest stock dirt oval cars as well.....but what does that prove other than dirt oval cars are a dime a dozen (and cheaper than spec miatas)?

Gavin
100 grand? I know you're not prone to exaggeration, but where the f&*% do you put $100k into a race car with a stock motor and transmission???

I could see $50k easily, but what kind of custom machined unobtanium does that have in it??

Form Follows Function. If it doesn't work, get it the f--- out.
A RaceCar Named Carmen
MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []
post #125 of 125 (permalink) Old 1-19-13, 20:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
100 grand? I know you're not prone to exaggeration, but where the f&*% do you put $100k into a race car with a stock motor and transmission???

I could see $50k easily, but what kind of custom machined unobtanium does that have in it??
Well you have to remember that ALL of the stuff on the car WAS unobtanium in 1988-89. Aftermarket engine management(as allowed by rules), the manhours for welding, cagework and re-engineering of pickup points, unobtanium custom bilstien coilovers, Alcons were (and are still kinda) unobtanium, Im not sure of the gearing and final drive, but I understood the transmission to have a clutch type (unobtanium) LSD, and so on and so on.

It took years for a lot of these items to become cheap enough to be more commonplace amongst "regular" club racers, but to be sure, this isnt some one-man garage build done with a Pegasus catalog

Gavin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda MX-6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page