Pics Of The Beast - Page 9 - Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum
Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum User Control Panel

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum > 1G MX6 (88-92) > 1G MX6 General > 1G MX6 Other Performance
Register Home Forum Active Topics Garage Garage Photo Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

Mx6.com is the premier Mazda MX6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1-17-13, 0:11   #121 (permalink)
  Total: 383 Power: 5

i havnt logged on these forums in ages, just dropping by and saying Hello for the few old members that remember me. dont feel like making a new thread for this.

2011 Mazdaspeed 3, Velocity Red, kinda the MX6 replacment
Mazda_MX6_Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1-17-13, 3:15   #122 (permalink)

Total: 1710 Power: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I'm sure to build that car would easily top $30k, more wouldn't surprise me either.
As I recall the number on the highball cars build was closer to $100k. And yeah, I could compare the selling price to that of southwest stock dirt oval cars as well.....but what does that prove other than dirt oval cars are a dime a dozen (and cheaper than spec miatas)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda_MX6_Turbo View Post
i havnt logged on these forums in ages, just dropping by and saying Hello for the few old members that remember me. dont feel like making a new thread for this.
Hi Rami .

Gavin
gavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1-17-13, 19:53   #123 (permalink)
  Total: 94 Power: 5

This car was just up on eBay. Bidding got up to $6000 without hitting the reserve.

Currently driving: 98 GMC K1500
Project: 89/90 MX-6 GLX hybrid
chrmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1-19-13, 16:39   #124 (permalink)
I knows sumpthin

Total: 937 Power: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
As I recall the number on the highball cars build was closer to $100k. And yeah, I could compare the selling price to that of southwest stock dirt oval cars as well.....but what does that prove other than dirt oval cars are a dime a dozen (and cheaper than spec miatas)?

Gavin
100 grand? I know you're not prone to exaggeration, but where the f&*% do you put $100k into a race car with a stock motor and transmission???

I could see $50k easily, but what kind of custom machined unobtanium does that have in it??

Form Follows Function. If it doesn't work, get it the f--- out.
A RaceCar Named Carmen
MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1-19-13, 19:11   #125 (permalink)

Total: 1710 Power: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
100 grand? I know you're not prone to exaggeration, but where the f&*% do you put $100k into a race car with a stock motor and transmission???

I could see $50k easily, but what kind of custom machined unobtanium does that have in it??
Well you have to remember that ALL of the stuff on the car WAS unobtanium in 1988-89. Aftermarket engine management(as allowed by rules), the manhours for welding, cagework and re-engineering of pickup points, unobtanium custom bilstien coilovers, Alcons were (and are still kinda) unobtanium, Im not sure of the gearing and final drive, but I understood the transmission to have a clutch type (unobtanium) LSD, and so on and so on.

It took years for a lot of these items to become cheap enough to be more commonplace amongst "regular" club racers, but to be sure, this isnt some one-man garage build done with a Pegasus catalog

Gavin
gavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement