Pics Of The Beast - Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum
Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum User Control Panel

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum > 1G MX6 (88-92) > 1G MX6 General > 1G MX6 Other Performance
Register Home Forum Active Topics Garage Garage Photo Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

Mx6.com is the premier Mazda MX6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 6-4-04, 1:15   #1 (permalink)
  Total: 61 Power: 5

Pics Of The Beast

SO finally the car is here, they towed it with a uhaul dolly. Here are some pics which the originals may not show. This is just the beggining and is all I could get tonight, if anyone wants to see something specific let me know.

In the garage:

engine bay:

catchcan:

brake bias??? not sure yet:

electric switches, what is surge?????

ecu:

gauges:

alot of improperly transported (and packaged) parts, i have yet to open many of the boxes:

more parts:

there is also basically an entire extra engine minus the valve cover, I think there are atleast three extra intake manifolds also. Everybody is partying in the other room, but i cant get my mind off this car.

My friend who owns it now is going to let me help with the rebuilding and stuff, this is gonna be some seroius machinery (it already is, just gonna bring it up to par).

Zoom Zoom Zoom pssssshhhhhhh
TiZBaD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 6-4-04, 1:22   #2 (permalink)
  Total: 32 Power: 5

Wouldn't "surge" be for some kind of surge pump setup? Where'd you buy the car? Anymore past info?
dougiefresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6-4-04, 1:56   #3 (permalink)
  Total: 15 Power: 5

that was the car on ebay , right?

"OOHH! They have the internet on computers now!"
- Homer J. Simpson
rallyeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6-4-04, 1:56   #4 (permalink)

i didnt buy the car because i couldnt afford it, it was an ebay auction a week ago. One of my good friends bought it, we are gonna collaborate, he will hopefully provide most of the financials, while i will try to do the labor. Im gonna have a machine shop available to me at school next semester so i will try to make custom parts.

the boxes have so many goodies, there are a lot of good parts, so far I opened one box and have seen a full wiring harnes and a bunch of unopend mazda baggies (the kind with new little parts in them).

It was originally raced for one season by team highball (i think) in 1989 then it was sold to the late Bruce HOllander, since then it has been owned by a fellow named Danny. J and he raced it for about 6 years in 12 hour + road races. Now it belongs to friend Billy.

Old 6-4-04, 3:03   #5 (permalink)

ok so i opened up all the boxes, some of the dissaray makes me want to cry, there is an entire transmission in peices with all the gears lying on top of each other!!!!! I cant believe that they carried the stuff like this.

But so far, there is a complete 2nd engine, an intercooler, a NIB ecu and a wiring harness, maybe 3 intake manifolds, starters, 3-4 extra shocks, many halfshafts, two extra steering racks, lots of unopened mazda baggies, lots and lots of parts. Its like a treasure trove of 1st gen parts.

The brakes are some seroius business, the rotors are oversized (I think) the calipers are huge, there is brake bias adjustment, halon fire system, all types of ill sh*t.

Im gonna go back to my friends house early tommorow and start dissasembling the 2nd engine, to see what we will need for a rebuild.

Oh yeah and there is a full huge orange 3 ring binder mazda shop manual.

Old 6-4-04, 3:51   #6 (permalink)
  Total: 42 Power: 5

Lucky SOB
Curious to why they only used a Lawn & Garden Battery

Bryan~88' Auto Alliance Probe GT

FLAPOC-Pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6-4-04, 7:30   #7 (permalink)
  Total: 50 Power: 5

early Christmas presents

Everybody else is in the back room partying, while you're left all alone with the toys ! It appears as though you guys have uncovered quite a treasure chest.

Let the fun begin.

The "6"s survival is in your hands !
~Maintain to sustain~
johniebgoode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6-4-04, 16:55   #8 (permalink)
  Total: 16 Power: 5

WOW Good luck CAR!!
deafman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6-4-04, 16:56   #9 (permalink)
Banned
  Total: 775 Power: 0

light=fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAPOC-Pres
Curious to why they only used a Lawn & Garden Battery
Weight??
SleepCounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6-4-04, 20:35   #10 (permalink)

so we have run into the first set of problems with the car.

1st problem seems to be electrical, sometimes I cant get anything to power up and then after a bit i can, so maybe somthing is grounded or something like that, i dont nkow, and the setup is a bit different than stock so I dont know if you guys will be able to help. I can only find 4 fuses????

2nd Problem is startup, car will turn over for ever and not start, it will only start if i tap the gas a bit, then idle is crappy until fully warmed up.

3rd, not even sure if this is a problem but there are vapors coming out of the catchcan, but i have feeling this is normal.

This isnt even getting into the engine problems, but luckily all the pressures are within spec, oil pressure is good at idle and otherwise, the thingy that i thought was brake bias is actually fuel pressure adjustment!!!!! (within spec), its not overheating or anything. So we are atleast getting started on getting this thing back in shape.

Im gonna email the guy with a crapload of questions, but i should probably limit it to like 3 at a time.

Old 6-4-04, 23:16   #11 (permalink)
  Total: 678 Power: 5

Quote:
1st problem seems to be electrical, sometimes I cant get anything to power up and then after a bit i can, so maybe somthing is grounded or something like that, i dont nkow, and the setup is a bit different than stock so I dont know if you guys will be able to help. I can only find 4 fuses????
Check the center piece with the switches. Maybe theres a power cut off.
That also goes with the 2nd question, maybe a some sort of fuel choke system. Maybe its the purge switch. It could be pooring fuel into the engine and it needs to be purged out....I dont know.

Thats a really nice car. I like the fact that everything on it is custom.

Off topic, what does it sound like

BuhBye Vanessa; Helllllooo Aalina *Licks Lips*
mx6GT91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6-5-04, 4:06   #12 (permalink)

its sounds like a truck with no exhaust, but it runs really rough and wont idle right until its compeletely warmed up,

I did check the center console, that is where i found the 4 fuses, im at home now, but from what i can remember the switches on the center console are, fan, master power, ignition, pump1, pump2, surge, and im not sure, starter button, and wiper. I have those all figured out, there is also a kill switch on the outside near where the dirver side windishield wiper would be. but those are not the cause of the nonpower situation, i think there must be some other fuses, im opening the center console tommorow.

the tackometer is really wierd, but its supposed to be top of the line, it isnt smooth, it jumps to the rpm readings, it is very accurate but a bit hard to read because the first 3k rpm are condensed. i really need to know what proper egt temps are, the probe is mounted smack center in the manifold. I have a fuzzy memory of reaching 16k temp from just trying to drive it into the garage, (i might have gone up to 3k rpm but thats the most, i was trying to keep it from dying).

can someone please explain what a surge pump is.

btw the gauges from left to right are:

water temp, rpm, oil pressure, oil temp, boost, fuel pressure, egt, volts. with an hks boost controller. Thats right, no speedo??!!!! crap, hehe.

Last edited by TiZBaD99; 6-5-04 at 4:14..

Old 6-5-04, 5:19   #13 (permalink)
  Total: 50 Power: 5

beastmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiZBaD99
so we have run into the first set of problems with the car.

Im gonna email the guy with a crapload of questions, but i should probably limit it to like 3 at a time.
Hey Tiz;
Have some patience until you're able to talk to Danny J., the last owner of this awesome machine. Otherwise, you risk messing up whatever operating parameters this "BEAST" was running off of.
Obviously you're not dealing with your everyday street-driven "6" here. So, anything any of us has to say would be incidental speculation to say the least......which is little to no help for you.
What you really need is either a hands on training session by the "Beast's Master" or a documented manual describing the pure bone basics involved with this off road MONSTER.

The "6"s survival is in your hands !
~Maintain to sustain~
johniebgoode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6-5-04, 14:39   #14 (permalink)
  Total: 42 Power: 5

I geuss weight could be factor in them choosing that battery but powwer output would be factor with that small battery.
could always relocate a battery to the rear of the car or were the passenger seat would be, if weight was a concern.

Bryan~88' Auto Alliance Probe GT

FLAPOC-Pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6-5-04, 15:14   #15 (permalink)

there is not much in the car that uses a lot of power, the gauges have lighting, and boost controller is powered, and then there are the rear lights, thats it. I dont think a lot of power is needed from the battery.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement