Parts necessary for turbo? - Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum
Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum User Control Panel

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum > 2G MX6 (93-97) > 2G MX6 General > 2G MX6 Forced Induction
Register Home Forum Active Topics Garage Garage Photo Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

Mx6.com is the premier Mazda MX6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2-12-13, 16:29   #1 (permalink)
  Total: 10 Power: 3

Smile Parts necessary for turbo?

Hey guys, i just decided to start making a list for parts that would be needed for a turbo build on my stock klde, if i missed anything or i uave something that i dont need , tell me. Im only thinking a mild 5-7psi soo, should make around 250hp is what im hoping for, not too much, would be my dd. thanks
-http://item.mobileweb.ebay.ca/viewitem?itemId=200710566950&cmd=VIDESC ebay turbo kit, almost everything related directly to the turbo
- MS PnP2
-AFPR?(needed with MS installed?)
-new king6fab poly engine mounts with rear and front grossmember including mounts by king6fab
-walbro 255lph hp
-milleniaS or larger injectors
-distributer saver heatshield(king6fab)
-exhaust side turbo heatshield
-AEM digital wideband O2 sensor and gauge
-battery relocate kit(trunk)
-bov( not sure what type but i want kinda that low "whoop" sound? Evos seem to get that sound alot)
-port and polish heads, intake and exhaust
-arp head studs?
-new head and intake gasket
- stage 2 clutch and lightweight flywheel
- braided fuel lines
All the things i can think of atm, help me out if i forgot or dont need something
Firsttimer93mx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2-12-13, 18:32   #2 (permalink)
  Total: 13 Power: 2

been waiting to see a thread like this. ill be there next summer hopefully! bump!

94 KLDE MX6 MXT - K&N CAI, 67mm TB, Full 2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust w. all SS Parts, Wrapped Headers, and Test Pipe M2 Lowering Springs, Strut Tower Bar, Angel Eye Halo Projector Headlights w. 6000k HID Conversion + Fogs, Smoked OEM Tails, Purple Under/Interior/Engine/Rim/Trunk Glow, 16" Enkei Rims, Custom Lip Kit All Around, 15% Tint, Blue Painted Engine/Calipers, EGR Delete
pigeon853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2-12-13, 18:39   #3 (permalink)

i did some searching and figured all i would need was what is in this ebay kit plus an afpr, fmu, fuel pump, batter relocate, and oil catch can.

T04E 12pc T3 T4 Universal Turbo Kit turbocharger Intercooler Wastegate BOV Timer | eBay

plus turbo headers of course, and thats all i figured would be needed for the most basic turbo set up.

94 KLDE MX6 MXT - K&N CAI, 67mm TB, Full 2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust w. all SS Parts, Wrapped Headers, and Test Pipe M2 Lowering Springs, Strut Tower Bar, Angel Eye Halo Projector Headlights w. 6000k HID Conversion + Fogs, Smoked OEM Tails, Purple Under/Interior/Engine/Rim/Trunk Glow, 16" Enkei Rims, Custom Lip Kit All Around, 15% Tint, Blue Painted Engine/Calipers, EGR Delete
Old 2-12-13, 18:43   #4 (permalink)

that is:

1 X T04E Turbocharger
1 X External Cast Steel Wastegate WG
1 X Type-S Blow Off Valve Kit
1 X Flange Pipe
1 X Adjustable Boost Controller
1 X Manifold Wrap
1 X Programmable LED Turbo Timer
1 X Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
1 X Braided Oil Feed Line
1 X T3/ T4 5-Bolt Flange
1 X Lightweight Aluminum Intercooler
1 X Set of Aluminum Piping

plus

1 x Turbo Headers
1 x 12:1 Fuel Management Unit
1 x Walbro 255 LPH Fuel Pump
1 x Batter Relocation Kit
1 x Oil Catch Can
1 x Metal PCV valve
1x gauge set

total of $500 + $400-500 + labor

thats just what ive found out. consolidated to one page

Last edited by pigeon853; 5-31-13 at 19:48..

Old 2-13-13, 1:20   #5 (permalink)

Yeah man, see is the exact same stuff, except without alot of the extra hardware the more expensive kit has right? And ya, ive been looking around for a good, solid consistant list of stuff needed but everyone has discrepensies in their setup:/ and you used an fmu? How much boost you running and how much power did it turn out? Plus how did you get the idle just right?

Last edited by Firsttimer93mx6; 2-13-13 at 1:26..
Old 2-18-13, 21:44   #6 (permalink)

Bump! Come on guys, the more you help me, the easier it is for other people to find too!
Old 2-19-13, 6:33   #7 (permalink)
  Total: 28 Power: 2

A lot of people have put tons of hard work into digging through tons of threads and where solutions weren't readily available they thought long and hard to come up with them themselves. Not everyone is willing to just hand you a list they worked ages on themselves just to be copied in an instant, if such a list even exists in the first place as a lot of these systems are at least partly custom-built. Furthermore if you don't know the most basic list of what items a turbocharged system is comprised of, the general consensus is that you shouldn't even bother try building one yourself. The response you're most likely to get (if someone is feeling generous) is to read certain books on the subject. I personally think they're not wrong

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you by the way. I have almost 0 clue on what's needed. While a list would be handy I personally feel I will learn a whole lot more if I just go out and do some research on the topic. That'll make it a lot easier to maintain and troubleshoot the system when/if it fails.

In addition: Why would anyone post if you're not going to read carefully anyways? Pigeon stated he hopes he'll be there next summer and you're asking him how much boost he's running?

Last edited by Mika-MX6; 2-19-13 at 6:37..
Mika-MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2-19-13, 10:53   #8 (permalink)

Actually, a list exists right here in a sticky on this forum...
http://www.mx6.com/forums/2g-mx6-for...on-primer.html (Forced Induction Primer)
#2 post
Old 2-19-13, 17:34   #9 (permalink)

Ya, well, i appreciate the fact that you were polite and not a d*** about this subject , but on the same subject , it was a nice way of calling me lazy when i have actually spent hours looking through the forced induction forum area, many MANY hours of scouring the internet for a better understanding of basic and gradually more advanced subjects on operation and customization of forced induction systems and many more hours searching for videos of turbocharged vehicles including the mx6s. I have also taken apart a few of the turbos that are laying around at my house and have a good understanding how they work and what modifications needto be done. What i dont understand, is what is wrong with friendly assistance from more experienced people who have been in the situation and done it before, so people like you, pigeon and i , and other people like us, so we can cut down on time, mistakes and money. All of those thongs are costly and frustrating which could be relieved by help from veterans. Now that being said, learning from mistakes is costly, but invokes better understanding what to do next time. So while i agree theres nothing like self-taught experience, theres nothing wrong with assistance from your fellow member.
Old 2-19-13, 17:37   #10 (permalink)

And a second note, i do admit i made a mistake by missing when he said "i hope to be there next summer", so sue me... My bad.
Old 2-19-13, 20:23   #11 (permalink)
  Total: 20 Power: 5

From what ive seen over the years, people that start threads like this never end up boosting their cars.
People who want a turbo make it happen.

i bet thats why people hesitate to post.

but you are right, theres no harm in helping out.
i havnt boosted an mx6. but itll happen eventualllly lol the basics that youll need are:
hot pipes
turbo
IC and piping ..might as well get a cheap ebay kit with turbo and oil line and what not and upgrade them later
afpr
for 5-7 psi you can use stock injectors
12:1 fmu
wideband
and youll need to modify the l-r crossmember for exhaust to clear it

better mounts and tranny saver bracket or extra mx3 mount are a good idea to
97mx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2-20-13, 4:53   #12 (permalink)

Firsttimer: Then you've indeed done much more than I initially gave you credit for , plus you've also done more research on the topic than me which I'm not ashamed to admit.

Regarding your initial post:
FMU/AFPR shouldn't be necessary when running Megasquirt
Polyurethane engine mount bushings aren't necessary, they're just a bonus
Stock injectors will handle an initial boosting project just fine. You can always switch to bigger injectors later.
Port and polish of heads etc isn't a requirement, but also a (huge) bonus.
You might want to reconsider the lightweight flywheel if you're going with a lot of hp. Lighter flywheel will make your car 'feel' a lot more nervous and in heavily boosted applications also a lot harder to control (but not undoable).
Old 2-24-13, 12:34   #13 (permalink)

Thank you, i appreciate your honesty Mika and thanks for the info about not needing the afpr with ms, i guess if it needs more fuel you can just lengthen the injector pulse right? And all that extra stuff isnt needed, but from my opinion, theyll all make a big bonus on durability on my engine plus theyll have their own additions to the drivability of the build, more reliable. And i get where your coming from 97mx6, people think,"omg! Thatd be sooo awesome! Lets do it!" But then lose interest after they cant do it themselves or they dont have the money to spare or they cant afford to not have the car to drive during the build
Old 2-26-13, 1:14   #14 (permalink)

Hey guys , if you wanna check out my ride and a couple other cool videos from CSCS, check out my channel on youtube! Same name as my forum username, firsttimer93mx6

93 mx6 LS 5 speed,pretty much stock right now , but have big plans in the future. Front strut bar, 4" ractive muffler with 2.25" straight pipe, CAI, JVC deck with BT, originally "taupe" interior being converted to black leather. *NEW* CAI run under battery tray, 12" Fusion sub w/ amp enlosure , MOMO Corse steering wheel. . Loud, Fun, and Fast.
Old 3-5-13, 2:18   #15 (permalink)

Bump! Now that all the agreed upon requirements are settled, if i was to set my boost mildly at 5-7 psi, with an ebay T4e turbo as i listed in initial post, what kind of horsepower would i be looking at? Im looking for 250 or better but 250 is my goal atm

93 mx6 LS 5 speed,pretty much stock right now , but have big plans in the future. Front strut bar, 4" ractive muffler with 2.25" straight pipe, CAI, JVC deck with BT, originally "taupe" interior being converted to black leather. *NEW* CAI run under battery tray, 12" Fusion sub w/ amp enlosure , MOMO Corse steering wheel. . Loud, Fun, and Fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement