Wind Noise, Window adjustment? - Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum
Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum User Control Panel

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum > 2G MX6 (93-97) > 2G MX6 General
Register Home Forum Active Topics Garage Garage Photo Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

Mx6.com is the premier Mazda MX6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9-29-05, 14:32   #1 (permalink)
  Total: 204 Power: 5

Wind Noise, Window adjustment?

Well, since I have gotten my car back from the body shop after having the outer shell of my drivers side door replaced because of an accident I was in, I have been getting excessive wind noise comming from the drivers side window. I took a look at it where it should meet the seal, and it looks like it isn't quite going up all the way. I can get pics if you like or my description doesn't make any sense.

Is there any way to adjust this? If so how? Is it very difficult? Assuming that it can be adjusted, if it is simple, then I will just do it myself, but if it a bunch of work or time consuming I'll just take it back to the shop and let them fix it.

As usual, karma for any helpful response.

-Bryce

<Insert witty comment here>
Si[xXx]er is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 9-30-05, 0:34   #2 (permalink)
  Total: 22 Power: 5

Hmm yes mine does the same. I think though on the top of the door on the outside a lot of the small weather-stripping line is cracking off and maybe thats it....not protecting the window from the force of the wind? I dunno...my noise is kinda where the window bends. Like from the steering wheel most point it slopes up diagonally then bends to a straight slope. Around that bend or a little down more on the diagonal slope.

But with you, Id just say make the repair shop fix it since they just did work to that area.

Don't mess with my Mazda
Don't me
Do Give me some karma
Angelus Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9-30-05, 10:34   #3 (permalink)

Well, it looks like that is what I may have to do because no one seems to know how to adjust it themselves. I would rather do it myself if it isn't that hard and doesn't take too long, I would like to avoid spending 10 bucks on gas getting it there and back and losing my car for a day or two, I need it pretty much every day right now. Oh well, I guess I'll have to work something out.

If anyone does know how to adjust it, please let me know, I would really appreciate it.

-Bryce

Old 10-2-05, 4:36   #4 (permalink)
  Total: 29 Power: 5

Search the forum, I posted on this a couple of weeks ago and got some good replies. The procedure is easy. BAsically take off the door trim. Peel back the weather proofing lining. You'' see at the top of the door 2nuts in the centre of the door and 2 bolts, 1 at each end of the window. You will see that the bolts slacken and you have some height adjustment on them about 5mm you can play with.
kman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-2-05, 14:52   #5 (permalink)
  Total: 355 Power: 5

I have a copy of the procedure at my site, linked below...

2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited MTX
Visit http://schwinn.hopto.org/ for common MX6/Probe Procedures and other useful docs/links (Downloads fixed 3/24/07)
Proud member of the NMA: Defend your right to drive at http://www.motorists.org/
schwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-2-05, 15:48   #6 (permalink)
  Total: 29 Power: 5

Excellent schwin!
kman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-2-05, 18:08   #7 (permalink)
  Total: 0 Power: 0

Hi everyone,

Changing the subject slightly.

I had my local Mazda dealer repair the rust holes in my sunroof and when it came back, I thought that the gap at the rear was slightly more than before.

Driving to Stansted Airport this morning to drop off a friend, I noticed far more wind noise coming from the roof.

They will be getting it back for readjustment......Grrrrrrrrr !!!!!!

Paula
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-2-05, 20:45   #8 (permalink)
  Total: 64 Power: 5

lol, interesting way to change the subject I hate body shops, and anyone who knows the name Dane Cook, ans has listened to his new CD understands why!

If you take the panel off of your door, there should be screws that adjust the glass. If you have a Hanes manual, it'll show you exactly where they are. There should be 2 of them if I remember correctly. Good luck.

-brandoN^-

1995 Black Mazda MX6 (Under Construction/Daily Driver)
1995 White Mitsubishi Eclipse GST 5-Speed (Under Construction/Broken Down :/)
2000 White Chevy Cavalier (Under Construction/For Sale)
brandoN^- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-3-05, 15:34   #9 (permalink)

Thanks guys, I'll take it apart in the next few days and see what I can figure out, and if I can't get it right I'll take it back, but I would rather just fix it myself.

Schwinn, quick question about those write-ups on your site, the inboard/outboard is refering to the angle of the glass relative to the door I'm guessing?

-Bryce

Old 10-3-05, 17:03   #10 (permalink)
  Total: 0 Power: 0

Hi brandoN - re wind noise from my Sunshine Roof

[QUOTE=brandoN^-]lol, interesting way to change the subject I hate body shops, and anyone who knows the name Dane Cook, ans has listened to his new CD understands why!

Well, they looked at the roof and they are going to put some spacer washers under the two rear nuts that are holding the roof on. ( Two at the front, I understand ).

This should stop the wind noise as the roof is slightly down at the rear of the aperture.

They also suggested that I put some masking tape along the rear gap of the roof and then drive fast and see if the wind noise stops before they do the job.

I will keep you posted.

Take care

Paula
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-05, 8:57   #11 (permalink)

Well I adjusted my window and got it to seal perfectly. Now today on my way to school I still have some wind noise, it's better, but still very annyoying... The passenger side doesn't have any, I guess I'll just have to take it back to the shop and see what they have to say.

Does anyone know of anything else that would cause excessive wind noise?

-Bryce

Old 10-7-05, 9:23   #12 (permalink)
  Total: 281 Power: 5

the wind noises are probably because your rubber sealing is old or dry or cracked.
ive been searching for something to fis the problem but alli could think of is oily stuff that marks up the window.
koisuruusagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-05, 15:38   #13 (permalink)

It doesn't look like it is in bad shape, it never made the noise before I was in the accident, and the passenger side doesn't do it, I think something isn't quite fitting properly.

Guess I'll just have to take it back and have them look at it.

-Bryce

Old 10-7-05, 18:12   #14 (permalink)
  Total: 152 Power: 5

They may or may not have reinstalled the sticky plastic dust and noise cover that goes over the door
94MX6pilot audio master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-7-05, 18:14   #15 (permalink)

You mean the clear plastic one that is just inside of the interior panel? Because that one is there, I have had the door apart a few times since getting the car back, to replace my busted power window switch, and to adjust the window.

-Bryce

Sponsored Links
Advertisement