Washer jet nozzle options? - Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum
Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum User Control Panel

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum > 2G MX6 (93-97) > 2G MX6 General
Register Home Forum Active Topics Garage Garage Photo Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

Mx6.com is the premier Mazda MX6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-5-07, 8:11   #1 (permalink)
  Total: 307 Power: 5

Washer jet nozzle options?

Ok, this had been something that has been on my mind for awhile now and now that it's winter I'm finally going to try to do something about it. Does anyone else notice how crappy the washer jet nozzles are on these cars? The spray these things put out is pathetic compared to other cars I have seen/driven in...the coverage on the windshield is brutal and with all the winter road grime flying this time of year, I find I have to empty about half the fricken reservoir of washer fluid before the windshield gets even remotely clean, lol.

Does anyone know if any other jets will fit in to the holes drilled in the hood without any modding? I'm thinking of heading to the scrap yard sometime soon to grab a handful from different cars and test them out, but if anyone knows of any that will fit let me know!

If not, I'll update this thread when I find a good pair that fit.

-Daryl-
1993 Mazda MX6 LS
Glow gauges with red bulbs behind dash, custom painted tail lights, BOMZ Racing CAI, HEI mod, TSX HID ASpec retro w/ hella gen 3 ballasts and philips 4300K D2S bulbs, custom clear turn signals, Cosmo Racing STS, Tokico Blue struts.
UnDeR_FLiP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-5-07, 9:19   #2 (permalink)
  Total: 933 Power: 5

quick question,
with more dispersible area, does such require a greater flow capacity or?

kid_puma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-5-07, 9:41   #3 (permalink)

I figure the pump puts out enough pressure regardless...Ideally, I'd like to find a pair that spray the washer fluid in a horizontal spray rather than 2 puny streams. Even the Mazda 3 jets spray in a nice pattern. I guess the pressure all depends on the diameter of the jets...smaller diameter = greater pressure, larger diameter = less pressure.

-Daryl-
1993 Mazda MX6 LS
Glow gauges with red bulbs behind dash, custom painted tail lights, BOMZ Racing CAI, HEI mod, TSX HID ASpec retro w/ hella gen 3 ballasts and philips 4300K D2S bulbs, custom clear turn signals, Cosmo Racing STS, Tokico Blue struts.
Old 12-5-07, 9:46   #4 (permalink)
  Total: 933 Power: 5

subscribed

kid_puma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-5-07, 11:24   #5 (permalink)
  Total: 205 Power: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnDeR_FLiP View Post
I figure the pump puts out enough pressure regardless...Ideally, I'd like to find a pair that spray the washer fluid in a horizontal spray rather than 2 puny streams. Even the Mazda 3 jets spray in a nice pattern. I guess the pressure all depends on the diameter of the jets...smaller diameter = greater pressure, larger diameter = less pressure.
late model corollas have wide spray angle and it was awsome. maybe u can look into that.

i think most cars have the same hole on the hood, the thing is just to get it off the ther car's hood and stick it into yours.

13 Mazda 3 Sport, 2.0 Skyactive 6spd

99 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Not Stock

94 MX-6 LS Mods: KLZE, I/H/E, Hi-Flow Cat, Steel clutch line, RR poly inserts, Short throw shifter, ACT HDSS clutch, MX-3 flywheel, Chipped ECU, J-Specs w/HID, K-Sport coilovers, RSTB, FSTB, 22mm Rear Stabilizer, Clear side markers RIP - Dropped valve since March 2011
ghostling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-5-07, 11:26   #6 (permalink)

sweet thanks! I'll look in to those.

-Daryl-
1993 Mazda MX6 LS
Old 12-5-07, 11:29   #7 (permalink)
  Total: 82 Power: 5

subscribed as well...even tho i own a 1g not a 2g, my jets used to be decent but now they just blow....well actually they dont.....they barley cover the windshield where i need it....this cud turn into a great HOW TO

1990 626 DX
1989 Mustang LX convertable, 302 w/ Edelbrock Victor Jr. intake, Edelbrock 4BBL Carb, Headers, New TCI C4 Sizzler tranny+2200-2800 stall - new top on soon - will burn 'em in ALL gears
rustyfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-5-07, 15:29   #8 (permalink)
  Total: 458 Power: 5

My passenger side nozzle doesn't actually hit my windshield. It arcs over the roof, and if I have the sunroof open, it will spray my passenger. Which is pretty funny, for me.

Hotshot Intake, SSAC Headers, Custom 2.5" Remus Exhaust w/ Test Pipe, HEI w/Blaster 3, SBC TZ Clutch, 15lbs flywheel, K6F FSTB, 19mm AWR Rear Sway Bar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearsonmx6
purple fuzzy turtles are going to take over the world
The King of Mexico

Shwaykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-5-07, 15:51   #9 (permalink)
  Total: 165 Power: 5

They are adjustable. You ca n angle the tips to spray anywhere on the wind shield.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwaykid View Post
My passenger side nozzle doesn't actually hit my windshield. It arcs over the roof, and if I have the sunroof open, it will spray my passenger. Which is pretty funny, for me.
the phranc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-5-07, 19:11   #10 (permalink)

^ I know that, but the jets themselves are garbage. It seems they spray too hard so half of the fluid ends up rebounding off the windshield and sprays everywhere but. I want to find something like the corollas that actually spray an even wide spread "sheet" of fluid so the windshield actually gets coated.

-Daryl-
1993 Mazda MX6 LS
Old 12-6-07, 8:16   #11 (permalink)
  Total: 333 Power: 5

I briefly looked into this last year, though I tried to use the spray jets off a Chrysler Cirrus (very good coverage). Problem was the Cirrus jets wouldn't fit, can't remember why they wouldn't fit now. None the less....subscribed.

http://www.redlinegoods.com/cgi-bin/...1&aid=195&p=34

Words should be a little wild,
For they are the assault of thought on the unthinking.
Renboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-6-07, 8:27   #12 (permalink)
  Total: 460 Power: 5

I know the stream hes talking about...its like a flat line of spray, rather than 2 squirt gun like sprays.

Interesting

Red Mazda MX6 LS
Quote:
King6:Ricers dont have weed, there to busy scouring ebay. (lol)
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-6-07, 11:24   #13 (permalink)
  Total: 205 Power: 5

eBay Motors: UNIVERSAL 3WAY WINDSHIELD WASHER NOZZLE BLACK (item 300178355360 end time Dec-06-07 13:26:55 PST)

that's another option to consider. there's such thing as a 'universal fitment' for washer nozzles.. it shouldn't be that hard to take another car's nozzle and stick it in our own.

eBay Motors: Ferrari 355/F50/348/512 TR/TR Windshield Washer Jet (item 120191443665 end time Dec-07-07 13:03:29 PST)

how about a washer nozzle from a ferrari? lol

13 Mazda 3 Sport, 2.0 Skyactive 6spd

99 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Not Stock

94 MX-6 LS Mods: KLZE, I/H/E, Hi-Flow Cat, Steel clutch line, RR poly inserts, Short throw shifter, ACT HDSS clutch, MX-3 flywheel, Chipped ECU, J-Specs w/HID, K-Sport coilovers, RSTB, FSTB, 22mm Rear Stabilizer, Clear side markers RIP - Dropped valve since March 2011
ghostling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-6-07, 13:04   #14 (permalink)
  Total: 458 Power: 5

That's a BS auction. All Ferrari's come with an Italian midget that pops out of the trunk with Windex and a squeegee to clean the windshield; thus, no need for nozzles.

Hotshot Intake, SSAC Headers, Custom 2.5" Remus Exhaust w/ Test Pipe, HEI w/Blaster 3, SBC TZ Clutch, 15lbs flywheel, K6F FSTB, 19mm AWR Rear Sway Bar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearsonmx6
purple fuzzy turtles are going to take over the world
The King of Mexico

Shwaykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement