KLDE w/626 KLG4 IM w/ TB - Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum
Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum User Control Panel

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum > 2G MX6 (93-97) > 2G MX6 General
Register Home Forum Active Topics Garage Garage Photo Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

Mx6.com is the premier Mazda MX6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-12, 9:54   #1 (permalink)

Total: 72 Power: 4

KLDE w/626 KLG4 IM w/ TB

Hi All

I want to get some feedback on any one still here running the KLG4 Manifold on their KLDE. I've read through a handful of the older threads, but no one has really followed up with some final thoughts & comments on the mod.

I am hoping to get some feedback from people who are running similar setups as mine. Non turbo, SS headers, 2"25 catback etc. Ya I'm auto - get over it

So to you fine folks...

- How's the mod been running
- What TB did you end up using: Millenia etc?
- Did you use the Millenia IM?
- Did you use the stock mx6 VAF or switch to a MAF?
- Hood clearance?
- Airfilter setup?

I shot an email to www.xtremethings.com to get some insight etc. I might consider the knifing option, but since this is more or less a direct bolt on. That is my goal

Thanks all and Happy New Year!

Last edited by TwoPedalWarrior; 12-31-12 at 10:18..

1994 MX-6 LS ATX/MTX Swap
What have I done to it? Stuff... What will be done to it next? More Stuff...
Build Thread - http://www.mx6.com/forums/gallery/24...ld-thread.html
TwoPedalWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-12, 11:00   #2 (permalink)
  Total: 480 Power: 5

you have to use a millenia TB for the easiest install. You can make others work, but it involves just that, work.

to swap to a Maf, you have to swap to a fully milly ecu and [shizzle]. intake mani has nothing to do with it.

hood clearance is just fine on the KLG4 man

~Patrick~

http://www.pmx626.com/ Your all in one Probe, MX-6, 626 Search engine.
monoxidechild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-12, 12:50   #3 (permalink)
  Total: 10 Power: 5

Basically he just wants to win a race with me.... ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Justin L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-12, 14:15   #4 (permalink)
  Total: 10 Power: 4

I feel your pain with results never being posted!! I tried to answer your bullets as well as I could. I answered mine with bullets for ease of reading:

-I love the way my setup is running. I have G4 IM, headers, 2.5" exhaust, and CAI. I will say this mod was my favorite because it didn't give me as big of a headache as headers did and gave just as good gains if not better gains than headers did. Butt dyno = fully satisfied.

- I have Millenia throttle body. You do have to file down the bottom side of the flange on either the IM or TB, but you seem to know that already. Don't let that worry you though, if you buy both it'll make sense when you physically see them butted against each other. There are some threads of guys using KLZE TB but it seems much more difficult than its worth with really no gain to be had iirc.

- I still have the stock MAF. I'm sure gains would be had with going VAF, but minimal unless your boosted (someone correct me if i'm wrong).

- Hood clearance is golden.

-I used the Spectre tubes you can buy from Autozone, Advance Auto, PepBoys, etc. You can make the filter sit whatever way you want and i love the placement of mine. Idk how an ebay CAI would sit, but it may work.

-- I will say do your research when connecting the vacuum lines. They're a PITA if you don't do it right the first time. I have diagrams of the KLDE vacuum diagram and KLG4 vacuum diagram if you need both. The TB gasket you use with this mod is the KLG4 TB gasket. Part # is KLG4-13-655. The stock IM gasket is fine.

93 LS-DE- Hotshot CAI, G4 IM, KL47 TB, HEI+MSD, SSAC Headers, EGR Delete, high flow cat, Magnaflow, Weapon R coilovers, Meganracing STS, Smoked Tails, Pioneer 4 ways, Soundstream amps, Kicker CVX 15, custom box.
NC mx-kl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-12, 18:46   #5 (permalink)
  Total: 480 Power: 5

^ stock is Vaf. Maf is the upgrade.

~Patrick~

http://www.pmx626.com/ Your all in one Probe, MX-6, 626 Search engine.
monoxidechild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-12, 19:37   #6 (permalink)

Total: 72 Power: 4

Fine feedback folks

NC mx-kl - I really like what you had to say. I've talked to the guy at Xtremethings and he sells all the parts. I just need to figure out if I want to pay him to port it some more or leave as is. I am kind of lazy, and just want to do the bolt on. The cost difference looks to be about $100 for him to do the work.

Not sure if it is going to be worth it - I will email him back and check.

I just bought some jspec tails and I will probably wait a week or two before i jump.

1994 MX-6 LS ATX/MTX Swap
What have I done to it? Stuff... What will be done to it next? More Stuff...
Build Thread - http://www.mx6.com/forums/gallery/24...ld-thread.html
TwoPedalWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1-1-13, 13:11   #7 (permalink)
  Total: 10 Power: 4

Thanks for that Monoxide!

PedalWarrior- Michael (Xtremethings) is awesome! He really knows his stuff! As for porting your IM, it's all up to you how important minor gains with a N/A setup are to you. If you were to do all the porting/knife edging/boring TB/hourglassing TB/ etc., you will see a small improvement when N/A. But if you had a turbo setup in mind in the future, these would be a smart idea. For optimal airflow, porting IM/boring TB/etc., boost, and MAF conversion is optimal. All depends on your goals, and how much you are willing I spend. Porting heads is another thing that can be done as well, I have that in mind for my future goals.

93 LS-DE- Hotshot CAI, G4 IM, KL47 TB, HEI+MSD, SSAC Headers, EGR Delete, high flow cat, Magnaflow, Weapon R coilovers, Meganracing STS, Smoked Tails, Pioneer 4 ways, Soundstream amps, Kicker CVX 15, custom box.
NC mx-kl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement