bearing noise like a card in the spokes after puting on 18's - Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum
Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum User Control Panel

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum > 2G MX6 (93-97) > 2G MX6 General
Register Home Forum Active Topics Garage Garage Photo Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

Mx6.com is the premier Mazda MX6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1-16-13, 19:51   #1 (permalink)
  Total: 10 Power: 4

bearing noise like a card in the spokes after puting on 18's

i got them off my old 93, they were making the same noise on his car when he sold them to me.

when i first bought them brand new i didnt NOTICE any noises. and i thought it would go away when i replaced the old camber worn tires, but they did not.

is camber adjustable without replacing the strut systems?
Do you think i ruined my bearing?
advice is appreciated thanks!
Mx6ownsVtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1-16-13, 21:21   #2 (permalink)
  Total: 73 Power: 5

You can either try and get a camber adjustment kit, usually just a bolt that replaces the top bolt that attaches the strut to the steering knuckle, or you could ream out the upper hole to get adjustment. Either way the car needs to be aligned using proper equipment so your camber is put into the correct position. Also adjusting camber throws out toe as well. Are you sure there is nothing rubbing anywhere?

.l..o_0..l.
93 MX6 LS KLZE w/ Interprep valve srpings and DE retainers, SS headers, Cat delete, Pacesetter catback exhaust, 11lb Flywheel, and Vogtland sport springs around KYB GR2 Struts.

Car set for over a year and someone stole the CAI, nice of them. Just replaced very noisy friction gear springs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWeBUmLmAOM . Next project is to program a micro controller to convert GM MAF signal to a 0-7v signal that mimics our VAFs.
nate_v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1-16-13, 22:15   #3 (permalink)

Total: 1951 Power: 6

you swap any other old parts from your 93 when you swapped tires?

88 626 4WS Turbo Noble White
97 626 LX V6 Timberline Mica
Email me for a turbo rebuild!
Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1-16-13, 23:44   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
you swap any other old parts from your 93 when you swapped tires?
no, but i think i could use some sway bar linkages. ima do that before i get the alignment.

Not to sure how camber kits work, i know there often used in lowering of the car, wich maybe in the cards depending on how much it costs to fix my starting problem, and depending if can do it with my wheels combo
Old 1-16-13, 23:53   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate_v8 View Post
You can either try and get a camber adjustment kit, usually just a bolt that replaces the top bolt that attaches the strut to the steering knuckle, or you could ream out the upper hole to get adjustment. Either way the car needs to be aligned using proper equipment so your camber is put into the correct position. Also adjusting camber throws out toe as well. Are you sure there is nothing rubbing anywhere?
NATE! thanks again! i just checked youtube i think this will work for me!
Old 1-17-13, 20:21   #6 (permalink)
  Total: 73 Power: 5

If you're going to ream the holes don't get to crazy. It only takes a small amount of reaming to get the proper adjustment. I would suggest going with camber bolts instead found a set to do all four wheels on ebay for $22. Just type 97 mx6 camber bolts into google and some of the top results are ebay listings. They are incredibly simple to install and make adjustments with. And if you get a magnetic camber gauge($50-$80) I can tell you how I used to start with my base adjustments when I would use camber bolts doing alignments.

.l..o_0..l.
93 MX6 LS KLZE w/ Interprep valve srpings and DE retainers, SS headers, Cat delete, Pacesetter catback exhaust, 11lb Flywheel, and Vogtland sport springs around KYB GR2 Struts.

Car set for over a year and someone stole the CAI, nice of them. Just replaced very noisy friction gear springs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWeBUmLmAOM . Next project is to program a micro controller to convert GM MAF signal to a 0-7v signal that mimics our VAFs.
nate_v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement