HELP!!! problem in cylinder 1 - Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum
Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum User Control Panel

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum > 2G MX6 (93-97) > 2G MX6 General
Register Home Forum Active Topics Garage Garage Photo Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

Mx6.com is the premier Mazda MX6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1-20-13, 15:22   #1 (permalink)
  Total: 10 Power: 0

HELP!!! problem in cylinder 1

Here is a link to my Facebook. In this link the problem is explained. I have a miss in cylinder one spark compression and fuel have been checked and all is well but the car is still not running properly in cylinder 1. Theres a plug disconnected in that general area and I cant find out where it goes. Please help this car is my daily. Never abused never been over 3500rpm accept the occasional highway run every 6mo or so... I need this resolved ASAP I have work in 3 days....please help...

Bad miss in cylinder one spark plugs are food and injectors are good. Found this plug disconnected and can't find where it went. Also lots of oil from back side of cylinder 1... the block is fine and compression is low but still high enough to r
4cyl93mazdamx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1-21-13, 5:33   #2 (permalink)
  Total: 434 Power: 5

Thread moved to 2G General.

1997 MX-6 LS
PaulG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1-21-13, 23:44   #3 (permalink)
  Total: 31 Power: 3

So you post your car issue on facebook instead of a car related forum. Pretty smart. I'm sure you'll get a lot of very wrong answers that way. Good luck with that.

djdevon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1-22-13, 7:20   #4 (permalink)

Total: 39 Power: 4

Re: HELP!!! problem in cylinder 1

I have the same plug. Its unrelated to your issue. It has something to deal with either emissions or diagnostic testing. Theres even one above the tranny unplugged on my car. I have a 93 rs as well. If your comression is low and your leaking oil your looking at either a valve seal, rings, head gasket or something of the like... change you valve cover gasket, if your leaking oil onto the plug that could help misfires occur.

I am starting to get a laundry list of stuff done to my car. Does that make it fast? No! Does that mean i spent too much money on a toy? Maybe. Do i have fun every time i jump in my car and drive? Hell yes.
http://www.mx6.com/forums/garage/1005
http://www.mx6.com/forums/2g-mx6-oth...ld-thread.html
friendsofdonr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1-22-13, 10:58   #5 (permalink)
  Total: 73 Power: 5

Did you check compression across all cylinders? Facebook is blocked at work, so sorry if you posted it on there.

.l..o_0..l.
93 MX6 LS KLZE w/ Interprep valve srpings and DE retainers, SS headers, Cat delete, Pacesetter catback exhaust, 11lb Flywheel, and Vogtland sport springs around KYB GR2 Struts.

Car set for over a year and someone stole the CAI, nice of them. Just replaced very noisy friction gear springs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWeBUmLmAOM . Next project is to program a micro controller to convert GM MAF signal to a 0-7v signal that mimics our VAFs.
nate_v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement