Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Picked up another 6

4K views 31 replies 6 participants last post by  TheGentleArt 
#1 · (Edited)
** Taken apart and crushed**

See less See more
#11 ·
So while I was messing with the interior I popped the hood and realized.... they really used JB weld (or something) on the overflow reservoir? It's got a new radiator and they couldn't get a new one of those? (Picture above). This car is all kinds of ghetto, but it's kind of what I wanted, to have to redo most everything on my own.

That's all I got done in the time I had, I work all weekend so it won't get touched again until next week. I also found out my damn work light is broken :( Gotta pick up a new one of those as well.

#13 ·
Dang, didn't realize King. I guess they're pricey lol. It's functioning for now, and the car is gonna sit only being started here and there to keep stuff moving, other then that the battery is out of it. I gotta finish gutting the interior next week. I am going to leave the dash until I find a black replacement.

Other small things I may do is put slim line fans in, etc. I am going to relocate the battery to the trunk. Basically my job gives me optional overtime, so I'll be doing some overtime here and there to pay for this stuff. So it'll be pieced together, unless wife blesses otherwise.

#14 ·
So far this is what I've deduced. It needs all new interior, 100%, nothing can be salvaged. The engine bay is the filthiest I've seen. So far i've thrown away the stock air box (it's F'd) kept the kl02, and it needs to be painted. These are all minimums. Hope I didn't bite off more then I can chew. The shitty part is I've gotten a few better deal offers AFTER I bought this one, oh well :(.

If anyone has a line on some good condition black interior, holla.

#19 ·
Added a plan checklist to the original post. It's not entirely complete, and almost in the right order. I will add a few things as time goes on, but eventually near the end of the list will be MS PNP/Turbo, but for now getting it back to a running clean car is priority.

If you all can think of anything I should add, feel free to chime in and maybe comment if there is a more appropriate time to do so (like you suggestion makes the most sense to do during a swap, let me know that!)

Thanks!

#20 ·
Picked up a overflow reservoir tank today and a spare front VC from pick and pull today.

bout $30 for both. Gonna use the spare VC to strip and experiment with refinishing. Overflow was $8, VC was $17, then they hit me with a core charge on VC (really?) lol and a $2 enviroment fee, plus tax. Pretty pleased though since the tanks were going for 40+ on ebay.

#23 ·
Love the change out on the bear raped interior
Ha, yeah, nothing is better then what it was. I'll be pulling the DE out in Jan sometime. Gonna pull it, clean out the engine bay and then start chipping away at body prep for paint, etc. Once it's painted and all the seals replaced. I'll be looking at getting a ZE and getting it put in. That will take time, because I'll need to buy King6 cross members, poly mounts, etc. I am going to try to replace all that stuff at the same time for sanity sake. However, it's a toy and I have to accumulate toy funds :).

The engine in it runs now, but as far as I know it's original with 220k miles. So I am just going to do the swap to have a lower mileage engine, the 40 extra HP will just be a bonus. I toyed with the idea of DE bottom end, ZE hybrid, or just port and polishing, ZE cams, and something like the KLG4. However if I was going to do all that, the motor would either need a rebuild to justify it or a lower mileage engine swap. With the rebuild or swap + port polish, etc, I'd be getting way above the cost of a ZE. So it makes sense to me.

In the very far away future, probably 2016, if it's up running and complete. I will probably buy MSPnP and an ebay turbo kit and try to learn more about boosting. For now I am just taking it a part at a time lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.