Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Interior swap ????

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Jagdroach 
#1 ·
I have been doing a black interior swap on my 93 ls since I found a fully intact 97 ls with black interior. my question is: Is anyone aware that the door panels on the 97 are different than previous years??? The mounting points are different and they look different. Has anyone run into this before and what did you do to get them to fit? I really don't want to swap the entire door.

#2 ·
I do know that the doors are shaped differently. take your panel to the yard and confirm the mount mounts.

I suspect it will be the same because there isn't another door listed for different years of mx6's they all fit

#3 ·
Well, ive already compared the inner panels and some of the mounting points are different. I was able to get the driver side to fit with light modification but the passenger side is a different story. for some reason it wont lay flat against the door.

#5 ·
If I remember correctly (its been 4years) the locks are not too bad to swap over if you have the door cards out. If everything else is the same (power options and whatnot) I'd say try swapping the door. Paint may not quite match though. Or you could be lazy and superglue it down depending on how close the fit is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.