Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Which engine do I have?

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  mprtftr 
#1 ·
May sound like a dumb question, but I just had the motor in my 6 replaced with a JDM motor(KLZE). Due to the differences between the A-spec (KLDE) and the new motor (intake manifold, fuel rail, timing cover, EGR, and crank sensor (I think that's it))...they switched all of that over from my old motor to the new one. So now the question is, due to all the swapping over, is it a DE, ZE, or hybrid? Like I said, it may sound like a dumb question, but it's been bugging the crap out of me trying to figure it out.

#3 ·
You say they installed a KLZE, then you have a true KLZE, no hybrid

the only part you didn't say is if you are using the stock ecu or the ZE one. Either way, the stock ecu won't allow the KLZE to run at its best, do a maf swap and call it a day and enjoy even more gains

#5 ·
TwoPed, they swapped everything over so they could use the stock ECU. Would a 626 or Millenia ECU plug into the stock MX-6 plugs?

Maybe i just did not read right but did they take parts from you klde and put them on your klze ??intake manifold, fuel rail, timing cover, EGR, and crank sensor

If so then i stand by what i said its a hybrid not a true klze if it does not have all the klze parts they swapped the klze intake manifold for the klde then you would have a lose power to
Slim6969, you read correctly. They swapped everything listed over from the old motor to the new one.

#4 ·
Maybe i just did not read right but did they take parts from you klde and put them on your klze ??intake manifold, fuel rail, timing cover, EGR, and crank sensor

If so then i stand by what i said its a hybrid not a true klze if it does not have all the klze parts they swapped the klze intake manifold for the klde then you would have a lose power to

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.