• 1 Post By Mstad101

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-7-16, 3:14 Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Power: 5

Is this forum still active...

or is it pretty much just an information archive now? Not trying to be funny but looking through the forum there are so many unanswered questions it's pretty crazy. I notice that post view counts are constantly going up but there are hardly any threads that receive an answer. When someone does answer a thread, it's usually with something like "That's what the search button is for." or something sarcastic to that nature. We all come here because we all have something in common and usually forums are places used to help one another. I'm not trying to be a D!&% or anything but am i missing something? I've come across unanswered questions from 3+ years ago. Surely some of the members here that are reviewing these threads can offer up some kind of advice or knowledge they may have gained over the years in dealing with these cars. I'm still trying to learn as much about these cars as possible because I'm trying to resurrect one. Sorry for the rant and like I said, I'm not trying to be a prick or anything; I'm just wondering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-7-16, 17:30

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

It's still active. It's just there are fewer and fewer MX6's on the road every year, so it gets less and less active.

It's the same with Mazda626.net, and ProbeTalk.com.

Sometimes I feel we should combine the 3 sites, but that would be hard to do.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-8-16, 10:26

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Power: 1

Lets resurrect all these old threads! I, too will be needing all the help I can get! It has been frustrating to find a thread that has the exact problem you have, to find it without replies and or pictures. I hope to add pics and replies soon to alot of these old threads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-8-16, 16:17

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Power: 0

If you are trying to resurrect an older car in California, isn't that pretty tough to
do these days, with the emissions levels requirements getting lower and lower ?

They won't even grandfather the older cars in anymore either. All cars have to
pass emissions tests every year.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-9-16, 10:02

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I hope it is...

Hi,

I've been visiting the site for almost 2 years already. Bought myself a mx6 a couple of years back and have been using this forum for help on common problems.

However I too noticed that the number of replies kept going down over time. Since I don't know much about the car itself I'm not able to be of much use with specific questions, but I'm hoping that the forum stay alive for years to come to keep helping other owners in need!

Best Regards!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-9-16, 23:06

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)

hey guys

ya it can be a little too graveyard dead in here. there are some if us old timers lurking around like me, don, Nickr etc
friendsofdonr likes this.

1994 MX-6 LS ATX/MTX Swap
What have I done to it? Stuff... What will be done to it next? More Stuff...
Build Thread - http://www.mx6.com/forums/gallery/24...ld-thread.html
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-11-16, 5:29 Thread Starter

Well, I'm glad to see there are some "old timers" left to help the newbies like myself out. I'm very new to the MX-6 but more than familiar with tinkering with cars. This one though is just perplexing when it comes down to some things. I had to replace the AT in the car when I got it and then eventually the motor. Right now, as it has been for a while, my focus is on trying to get the interior straight. The door panels seem to be a nightmare. With them being a solid piece trying to figure out how to rewrap the inserts is driving me nuts.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-11-16, 10:51

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Power: 1

Yes. It's tough here in CA. Smog sucks. It's every other year, but these cars are easy from my experience. It's usually just an 02 sensor. Worst case being valve guides bad or catalytic converter replacement. I'm off to get mine smogged this week. Fingers crossed. It passed in April 16.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-12-16, 11:01

Quoted: 27 Post(s)

The surprising thing about California emissions is that no cars get grandfathered in, no matter how old they are !

California is so well known for classic cars and the old car culture. Woody wagons for the surfboards, etc. Now few or none of those cars will be able to get registered and be driven.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-16, 8:54 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by epxepx View Post
The surprising thing about California emissions is that no cars get grandfathered in, no matter how old they are !

California is so well known for classic cars and the old car culture. Woody wagons for the surfboards, etc. Now few or none of those cars will be able to get registered and be driven.
That is positively pathetic to say the least! Those cars are some of the main reason there is a custom car scene today. Hopefully some of them can be sold to someone in a state that will allow them to be restored to their former grace!!
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-2-16, 14:08

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey guys. Also new to the Gen2 MX6 club. Posted a thread about a clutch question. Hope some the more experienced can take a peak. Glad to know some are still out there saving these.
I'm from BC Canada so our car emissions laws are quite as strict as you Americans.
friendsofdonr likes this.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-12-16, 21:33

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey, I'm from BC Canada too! I've also found countless dead end searches on these forums unfortunately, but certainly some useful things as well. My car is at nearly 300,000 km right now and seems near the end of it's engine life, so I'm just trying to keep it going as long as possible now. The snow/slush that we have right now just ripped a hole in my exhaust to, so it's obnoxiously loud. I hope these forums have some sort of revival somehow (there's already more posts on this thread than I expected to see)
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-13-16, 9:27 Thread Starter

I'm really glad to see more and more people speaking up. I'm trying to find more and more resources to pull info from. My biggest concern with my car is with its appearance. I do currently have a check engine light and it seems to have a slight miss. Interior wise the original owner didn't take very good care of it. I need to recover the headliner which isn't a big deal except that it seems that there is Dynamat or something on the headliner board. I can provide pictures if this doesn't sound like something normal. I have the material to do the headliner, but I need to know if this metallic layer is common. I also need to recover the door panels but the panel design is nothing like I'm used to. These door panels seem to be one piece or at least there doesn't seem to be a way to remove the door inserts without destroying them. So if ANYONE has any useful info on dealing with these parts or need to see pics of what I'm referring to I would be more than happy to post them.
Either way, thanks for taking the time to read this. And also, thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 1-13-17, 9:44

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi!

Have you tried to look at the Build Threads? Those are big but carry a lot of info on them.

Hope to have helped, I'm trying to help keep this place alive!

See Ya
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 1-13-17, 22:46 Thread Starter

Yeah, I've looked at a couple of them and even done searches but it doesn't appear that a lot of people have tried more than the headliner on their own as far as the interior goes. I've seen pictures of redone interiors on here and other forums...and on Facebook but no one seems to have done their own or would like to share any info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page