LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 4-2-17, 16:40 Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 0

Wink Need your help to buy a car

Hi,
I already have Mazda6 and now i am in help to find one more for my sister, I found 96 Mx6 for $3900 , the price looks very good to me so I need someone opinion if this a good price , there are no mileage at ad ( i already sent request to get a mileage) but over all its a good looking car already on 17" rims , Please help to make a right decision and what else to take a look at when I will make app to see the car.
Thank You
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 4-2-17, 18:23

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Power: 5

Garage
Well,.. theres a lot of things I/we dont know, ie history of repairs, Auto, 5speed, options, mileage. So its been upgraded to 17" rims/wheels.. what else.??
The price seems ok..not knowing your area, etc and what over 6's go for..!
You/we need more info to help you out..
Did a quick search on Autotrader and found Used 1997 Mazda MX6 LS w/Mileage: 215,221 for $1,995.
I'm a big fan of the 6, had my '94 since new..(bought July '95 w/300km )..
So do some research before you leap.

'Those who dont hear the music think the dancer is mad...'
http://www.supermotors.org/registry/...il.php?id=6166.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 4-3-17, 14:00 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ-MX6 View Post
Well,.. theres a lot of things I/we dont know, ie history of repairs, Auto, 5speed, options, mileage. So its been upgraded to 17" rims/wheels.. what else.??
The price seems ok..not knowing your area, etc and what over 6's go for..!
You/we need more info to help you out..
Did a quick search on Autotrader and found Used 1997 Mazda MX6 LS w/Mileage: 215,221 for $1,995.
I'm a big fan of the 6, had my '94 since new..(bought July '95 w/300km )..
So do some research before you leap.
So the one i found before had an accident so I keep looking and found another one at Mazda Mx6 for Sale, Savings from $1,814 Custom Mazda for $4200 or OBO which seems i could take a bit off that , the one only 1 thing its manual, so now I am thinking how long it will takes me to learn manual
Anyway let me know what do you think about this deal or suggest me more for that price range
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 4-4-17, 20:45

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Power: 5

The Mazda 6 and Mazda MX6 are very different cars. (It wasn't clear from your post whether you knew that.)

Unless your sister is a real car enthusiast, and likes fixing cars, or has a good mechanic, buy her a Mazda 6 and not a Mazda MX6. The MX6 s are great cars for enthusiasts, but are old now, and need some tender loving care.

$3,900 is too much for a 1996 MX6, unless maybe it is in absolutely perfect condition, in which case a real fan of the MX6, and a collector who has some money, might buy it. But you do not tell us what country you are in. You might be talking Australian dollars, for all I know.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 4-6-17, 10:38 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickR View Post
The Mazda 6 and Mazda MX6 are very different cars. (It wasn't clear from your post whether you knew that.)

Unless your sister is a real car enthusiast, and likes fixing cars, or has a good mechanic, buy her a Mazda 6 and not a Mazda MX6. The MX6 s are great cars for enthusiasts, but are old now, and need some tender loving care.

$3,900 is too much for a 1996 MX6, unless maybe it is in absolutely perfect condition, in which case a real fan of the MX6, and a collector who has some money, might buy it. But you do not tell us what country you are in. You might be talking Australian dollars, for all I know.
Its actually in Florida, the one i found, i was going to post link to show it to you but for some reason this forum doesnt accept posts with links
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 4-7-17, 5:36

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Power: 6

Post #3 approved.

1997 MX-6 LS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version