I replaced my brake pads...still making noise.. - Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum
Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum User Control Panel

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum > 2G MX6 (93-97) > 2G MX6 General
Register Home Forum Active Topics Garage Garage Photo Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

Mx6.com is the premier Mazda MX6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5-30-02, 15:09   #1 (permalink)
  Total: 10 Power: 5

I replaced my brake pads...still making noise..

My front brakes were making the sound of a sprinkler whenever i would brake...so i went and i got them fixed. Which infact my brake pads did need to be replaced. Now after getting them fixed it is still making the sound of oselating sprinkler...anyone know what's going on?

1997 Red MX-6 I-4, mtx
17 TSW Revo's, 215/45/17 Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's, Bosal/Brospeed Header, J-SPEC Intake Camshaft, custom exhaust, custom CAI, Momo shift knob and pedals, Red L.E.D.'s, 2 12" Rockford Fosgate subs, 760W Pioneer amp
97MX-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 5-30-02, 15:52   #2 (permalink)
  Total: 65 Power: 5

sounds like your rotors are warped. Did you get your ROTORs turned when the pads were installed?

astrochimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-30-02, 17:37   #3 (permalink)

i highly dought the rotors are worped. thats really hard to do and his car would shimmy shake when breaking. I'm going with he didn't get them turned. because i know plenty of retards that get new pads and dont turn the rotors and you get that noise. so go get yoru rotors turned. it's like 9 bucks a rotor.

Jessie Dommert "Dommert-Bot "
Mtn. View, AR
95 LS V6
Dommert-Bot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-30-02, 22:23   #4 (permalink)

ive done brake jobs on 6's for a while and even i noticed on mine, you gotta let the new pads break in, it is embarassing but you gotta deal with for a week or 2, get some brake cleaner and spray it in there for a quick fix

96 626, white, erebuni shogun kit, jdm projector headlights, custom ractive dual exhaust, intake, chrome valve cover, header, pioneer tv/dvd, 17in rims, gauges, fibrglassglass deck, DropZone 2" drop
STUNTIN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-31-02, 3:47   #5 (permalink)
  Total: 34 Power: 5

Turn on the grinder and give the edges a slight bevel ......... sure fire fix from the get go.

//////\lpine 4 Life !!!

With great power comes great responsibility, Those willing to harbor the responsibility, are then accentuated in the power, Those unable to harbor the responsibility, Will be consumed by the power.
Lord_Borinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6-1-02, 22:41   #6 (permalink)
VAmx6
Tell me, Mr. Anderson, what good is a phone call when you are unable to speak?

mY MONY'S ON NOT GETTING THE ROTORS TURNED WHEN THE PADS WERE SWAPPED TOO. ANOTHER THOUGHT, WHAT KIND OF BRAKES DID YOU GET. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR AND IF YOU GOT CHEAP ONES THAT'S JUST GONNA HAPPEN. I WOULD RECCOMEND THE HIGH DOLLAR CARBON METALLIC RACE PADS, YEAH, THEY'RE EXPENSIVE, BUT THEY'LL KEEP HTE DUST OFF YOUR RIMS AND WILL STOP YOU A LOT FASSTER
Old 6-2-02, 18:21   #7 (permalink)

I believe your wheel hubs are gone. The bearings can become worn over time. If the brake pads are new, and the noise is still there, I suggest you get your hub checked out.
sickflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6-2-02, 18:50   #8 (permalink)
  Total: 16 Power: 5

Whenever you replace pads get your rotors resurfaced if they are still within spec. You might also want to apply an anti squeel product on the back of the pad.

Dommert-Bot: give me 2-3 minutes with your car and i can will warp your rotors with ease.

Got a question? Click here!
Lumpy idle, Limited slip, Laughing gas
I am Canadian
Stingray77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6-2-02, 22:08   #9 (permalink)

well it's possible it is the bearing making the noise. About 6 months ago, I had a little accident where i spun out on sand. My car spun across two lanes the side of my car hit the curb, just the tires though. I had to replace the sway bar and the bearing in the back, and my front tire which i believe is the tire making the noise, is the bearing he said i might have to replace later on.

1997 Red MX-6 I-4, mtx
17 TSW Revo's, 215/45/17 Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's, Bosal/Brospeed Header, J-SPEC Intake Camshaft, custom exhaust, custom CAI, Momo shift knob and pedals, Red L.E.D.'s, 2 12" Rockford Fosgate subs, 760W Pioneer amp
97MX-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-03, 23:46   #10 (permalink)
Banned
  Total: -1 Power: 0

brake noise

I'm sorry... but I'm going to have to make the comment that a lot of people in here are retards. Buying super expensive ceramic metallic pads will not get rid of noise. The more metal there is in the brake pads, the more noise it will make. Noise doesn't mean the brakes are sucking balls. I have metallic pads on mine. They stop much better than normal, and make a hell of a lot more noise. Sure, the high dollar pads will help you to stop better, but there's no guarantee they'll make less noise. But they WILL eat your rotors more. Stronger pads will eat rotors more... period. They're better for performance though... I will say that. If you want no noise, and don't care about super sweet performance, go with some sort of organic compound brake pads. Like carbon kevlar or some crap like that. They'll make little to no noise, but they won't be as strong as metallic compound pads. Hell, I've seen GT-R's with massive brake squeal. But they will stop on a f***ing dime. I sh** you not. It's one of the many trade offs that exist in cars. Like the usual hp for torque, or handling vs. drag launches, etc. Although there may be some metallic pad brands out there that make little noise, but compared to their organic pads, they will make more noise. That's just their nature. I would prefer it not be that way, but I can't argue with nature.
sellergtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-03, 1:25   #11 (permalink)
  Total: 50 Power: 5

You should check to see it they replaced the sliders and the push pin when they replaced the brake pads. Old ones will rub against the rotors or cause the brake pads to rub as well.

Blue 2003 Toyota Matrix XR 4WD
Black 95 MX6 2.5
無論、成功するための定石などないが、敢えて一つ挙げるとすれば、人生と人 生がもたらすものを、無条件に受容することかもしれぬ。
Nakano_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement