I found a QUICK FIX for the sunroof - Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum
Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum User Control Panel

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum > 2G MX6 (93-97) > 2G MX6 General
Register Home Forum Active Topics Garage Garage Photo Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

Mx6.com is the premier Mazda MX6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8-2-02, 20:29   #1 (permalink)
Banned
  Total: 10 Power: 0

I found a QUICK FIX for the sunroof

It didn't take me long, remember the last post when I said I'll try to find one? I found it!

Result??? 100/100 opening and closing PERFECTLY.

It's EASY, nearly free, and doesn't require a genius.
It's SOOO easy, I can't believe no one has done it yet.

Just like the door problem, unable to stay open, I found a quick fix for that, little did I know someone already did.

Next quick fix? Keeping the boot lid open without replacing the gas struts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 8-2-02, 20:42   #2 (permalink)
  Total: 10 Power: 5

Ok.. now.. what did you do?
Old 8-2-02, 20:49   #3 (permalink)

What the hell? Dude, if you found a fix, post it so we can do the same thing.

"Hey! Can we get a move on? 'Cause if I miss the 20 midget free for all I'm gonna be pissed!!!!!!!"

VICE PRESIDENT OF DA SCUBA SQUAD!!!!!
I AM THE ROSHAMBOE KING!!!!!!!

Buy my car!!!!
Old 8-2-02, 21:12   #4 (permalink)
  Total: 13 Power: 5

foreal, what a dumb post, ,let me guess you cleaned the tracks and greased the rails with lithium grease

Probe Garage<<<----------- Discount Probe Parts - new design now open!
Anything performance, general repair for the mx6, click above!
Old 8-3-02, 3:51   #5 (permalink)
  Total: 16 Power: 5

i doubt he found it or whatever it was..... i personally have replaced the roof. there are too many variables to cause problems other than dirty/rusty rails. btw, good luck finding a good used roof at the junk yard. if the interior of the donor car is exposed to the element in any way, the roof will be useless due to rust.

mIkE
Old 8-4-02, 18:53   #6 (permalink)
Banned
  Total: 10 Power: 0

Quote:
Originally posted by iLyK2EaTCiViCs
foreal, what a dumb post, ,let me guess you cleaned the tracks and greased the rails with lithium grease

THANK GOD I didn't post it up, to help those who don't deserve my help would be a FOOLISH mistake, that I WOULD regret. See, I've learnt something ever since I came here :

- Some people like to back each other up all the time
- People are ungrateful to those who provide help consistently.
- People love to call others BS-artist, when they really haven't got anything useful to say
- People remember those who act badly in the past (but don't care to know how it all occured)
- I've helped so many people, and rarely ask for help, but when I do, it's so quiet you can hear grasshoppers mating. An aussie recently asked for help, and after waiting for days, no one responded? except me, a fellow aussie. This gripe is not race-related, as I've helped out numerous people and only a couple were aussies.

I repeat the fact that I rarely ask for help, and that I infact do offer a lot of help to those in need. If you don't believe me, check out the history. Of course, along the way, there has been instances where I've acted badly, but hey...some pickleeaters need to be taught a lesson. Some people prey on others, waiting for them to say something, and then BANG, they're forced to act, and all hell breaks loose. Even a moderator told me this... I've never put anyone down FIRST, you can try to prove me wrong, but that will get you nowhere. There have been many instances of people typing badly, without punctuation, etc. then some guy writes a reply, telling him to use "punctuation", but when I do the same... a d!ckhead replies with "WTF is your problem iluvmazda".

I give you my word that I HAVE found a quick fix for the sunroof, I promise to God, Allah, and Buddha. But I'm sorry, I don't feel right in helping d!ckheads out. That's me, and I know Y'ALL despise me. Except those who need help AND are friendly enough to say thanks.

You're right, it was a dumb post, you were too dumb to realise I was about to type it down, but I forgot to as I was busy on saturday, normally I don't use the internet on sats and sundays. Oh well, live and learn.
Old 8-4-02, 19:27   #7 (permalink)
  Total: 16 Power: 5

i don't have a sunroof, so i don't care

Got a question? Click here!
Lumpy idle, Limited slip, Laughing gas
I am Canadian
Old 8-4-02, 20:01   #8 (permalink)

Damn.

Get a life..

PeMiL

Old 8-4-02, 20:27   #9 (permalink)

iluvmazda now that youve vented i would like to say that i think your very helpfull and was very greatfull when you helped me with my "intake" problem. i dont think that depriving the mx6 world of valuable knowledge at the expense of a few "d!ckheads" is a good choice of action. There are many non members that check this site for information and it would help them out a lot. The point of this board is an informational site not a social institution. So, for the pure pursuit of knowledge, post your quick fixes and help out those who truly need help and let the d!ckheads suffer when judgment day comes along.

Pond dwelling HOCR

'04 Steal Grey Metallic Mazda6 S
Red 93 LS w/ leather... traded
Maroon 93 LS... wrecked (but not forgoten )
Old 8-5-02, 0:31   #10 (permalink)

iluvmazda, i was about to start a new thread cause ive been looking for a fix for my door and sunroof problem. ive searched, but people always say to use grease. can you please help me out?

wassssssssssssssuuppppppppp
Old 8-5-02, 1:09   #11 (permalink)

I'll send you naked pics if u tell us the solution!!!!

Rabbit
P.S. I have a sexy body......

Life is like a present. You can't get to the good stuff without ****ing up the wrapping paper.

www.trilamb.org
http://www.geocities.com/sas_12/frontpage.html
Old 8-5-02, 3:50   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by iluvmazda

THANK GOD I didn't post it up, to help those who don't deserve my help would be a FOOLISH mistake, that I WOULD regret. See, I've learnt something ever since I came here :

- Some people like to back each other up all the time
- People are ungrateful to those who provide help consistently.
- People love to call others BS-artist, when they really haven't got anything useful to say
- People remember those who act badly in the past (but don't care to know how it all occured)
- I've helped so many people, and rarely ask for help, but when I do, it's so quiet you can hear grasshoppers mating. An aussie recently asked for help, and after waiting for days, no one responded? except me, a fellow aussie. This gripe is not race-related, as I've helped out numerous people and only a couple were aussies.

I repeat the fact that I rarely ask for help, and that I infact do offer a lot of help to those in need. If you don't believe me, check out the history. Of course, along the way, there has been instances where I've acted badly, but hey...some pickleeaters need to be taught a lesson. Some people prey on others, waiting for them to say something, and then BANG, they're forced to act, and all hell breaks loose. Even a moderator told me this... I've never put anyone down FIRST, you can try to prove me wrong, but that will get you nowhere. There have been many instances of people typing badly, without punctuation, etc. then some guy writes a reply, telling him to use "punctuation", but when I do the same... a d!ckhead replies with "WTF is your problem iluvmazda".

I give you my word that I HAVE found a quick fix for the sunroof, I promise to God, Allah, and Buddha. But I'm sorry, I don't feel right in helping d!ckheads out. That's me, and I know Y'ALL despise me. Except those who need help AND are friendly enough to say thanks.

You're right, it was a dumb post, you were too dumb to realise I was about to type it down, but I forgot to as I was busy on saturday, normally I don't use the internet on sats and sundays. Oh well, live and learn.
So how do you fix it man?

Old 8-5-02, 3:54   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by kP_mx6
iluvmazda, i was about to start a new thread cause ive been looking for a fix for my door and sunroof problem. ive searched, but people always say to use grease. can you please help me out?
door, you can see the 2 spots on the braket wehre the door sits on, after time they get rounded off and no longer hold teh door, i actually like my door shutting by itself, its cool, anyways you simply have to make that indentation deeper. Im sure you will understand what im saying when you check it out. Try using a hammer and a crow bar to bend back the metal a bit. And the sunroof usally wont open without the help of your left hand UNTIL you clean and grease the tracks, im telling you, your sunroof will close and open on its self, works for me.

Old 8-5-02, 3:56   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by mazdarabbit
I'll send you naked pics if u tell us the solution!!!!

Rabbit
P.S. I have a sexy body......
nobody wants to see your ugly ass, haha

Old 8-5-02, 10:44   #15 (permalink)
  Total: 5005 Power: 6

iluvmazda - i hear ya on some things re: helping others - ive gone days without answers.. but at the same time - what does it matter? i post little things i figure out here and there just for the sake of posting it - so some day someone will search and find my post and it will help them.

"there is no truly unselfish deed" - think abotu it.. if you are sharing information that you have figured out, just to get a thank you, then thats a selfish motive... i say just post it, or dont bother posting abotu it in the first place.. ya know? its like the people who put up "i will ahve pics in 3 days" posts.. why bother? the world wont end in 3 days, so just hold it until you have pics..

same here, dont announce you figured something out unless youre going to shar eit.. if not, then dont post it at all - THAT will be truly sticking to your priciple about deciding not to help people since you dont receive any. THIS post however seems more abotu building hype and getting some credit (deserved or not, its not an "honorable" way of getting it)

just my opinion

94 mx6 - you name it - I did it, came up with it, tried it and rejected it or just plain still have it. **Now in the caring hands of Chef**
93 mx3 - klze, i/h/e, rims and paint.. **FS - on a lift, has an engine, just need to put them together. I have no time. come buy it cheap.
98 jeep GC - 5.9L with bolt ons, lifted, locked. 32x10.5 Goodyear MTR winter/ 30x9.5 bfg ta/ko summer. Custom steel bumpers + armor. "the beast"
98 jeep GC - 5.9L with every bolt on + tune. My street jeep. small tires, but runs 13's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread