2G FAQ/ Common Problems and solutions - Page 6 - Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum
Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum User Control Panel

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum > 2G MX6 (93-97) > 2G MX6 General
Register Home Forum Active Topics Garage Garage Photo Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

Mx6.com is the premier Mazda MX6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9-25-11, 15:50   #76 (permalink)
  Total: 10 Power: 0

your shifting problem might be your tps mine was causing it to pop out of gear in 3-4 gear and it would rev and pop back in gear replaced it and haven't had any problems
Red Korn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 9-12-12, 1:45   #77 (permalink)
  Total: 10 Power: 3

Post Cold Morning P/S whine/foaming PS fluid in resivoir

Since cooler mornings have come up for some of us on the north-west of the continent, I had a morning P/S whine that was accompanied by foaming at the P/S resivoir.
Some have replaced the pump, and steering rack, but as in most cases where the thick P/S hose is by the strut mount, the spring clamps loose their spring and replacing those with threaded type hose clamps should solve the problem, eliminating a minor suction of air into the system and then into the power steering pump.
bsb2001ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 10:18   #78 (permalink)
  Total: 19 Power: 5

[QUOTE=Superman;717694]Dead or depressed clutch pedal
  • Clutch flex line-Most commonly the line that feeds the clutch will break or come off. Technically the vehicle will be drivable, but is an extremely dumb choice seeing as the clutch is shared with the brakes. Inspect the line for any tears, if it’s connected or holes, if it’s even there. The line will need to be replaced. You can replace it with a stronger stainless steel aftermarket or a rubber oem one.

Regarding the dumb choice of driving the car with leaking clutch fluid: yes, it is dumb, but mainly because the clutch will not operate properly and will make changing gears while the engine is running difficult or impossible. However, losing the fluid serving the clutch via its lines or master cylinder or slave cylinder leak will not result in a loss of the fluid serving the brakes. The clutch and brake share the same fluid reservoir in the engine bay in our cars and (although it is extremely difficult to see unless low on fluid on one side or the other) there is a partition in the reservoir to prevent fluid starvation or air being ingested in one system should the other develop a leak. I only saw this partition when I bled my brakes and was seeing the fluid getting lower than normal (but of course, not empty!) in the reservoir.

On a sidenote, as we're in the problems and solutions section:

Bleeding clutch fluid.

When I replaced my slave cylinder I found it hard to bleed the clutch to make the pedal operate as well as I'd like (I got most of the air out, but some obviously lingered). This process was made easier by removing the appropriate engine cooling fan to get to the bleeder screw on the slave cylinder. I don't think I disconnected anything, just removed the mounting bolts and moved it up out of the way.

To get the rest of the air out, I splurged on a Powerbleeder from motiveproducts.com . I got the version with the appropriately sized fluid reservoir screw-on cap as I didn't think the basic "clamp on" style would seal very well (as it was the screw on type took some careful sealing regarding its gasket). After setting it up via the instructions and applying pressure with the hand pump I exercised the clutch pedal several times and got immediate and amazing results, clutch pedal was firmer than it ever was and took only seconds versus the previously painful 2-person bleeding adventures (helps to have a pretty girl in the passenger seat to operate the clutch). I don't often buy tools when a manual (and free) procedure will yield the same results, but this tool has paid for itself many times as now I can also bleed my brakes quicker than the traditional method and without annoying my wife to come out to the garage

Last edited by Silverbullet91; 11-27-12 at 10:32..
Silverbullet91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 12:55   #79 (permalink)
  Total: 10 Power: 3

Silverbullet put it well, Powerbleeders are definitely worth the money. And don't drive with that line ruptured, obviously. For all of those that don't want to buy the powerbleeder or don't have the money for one, remember to gravity bleed the system whenever you replace the slave cylinder and/or the clutch mater cylinder. Once you have a new master cylinder and/or slave cylinder on and the hoses connected properly, leave the bleeder screw open on the slave cylinder until you see brake fluid coming out of the slave cylinder (since it's the furthest from the reservoir). After this, bleed the system like normal. Gravity bleeding definitely makes it less of a PITA than manually bleeding all of the air out of the system.

93 LS-DE- Hotshot CAI, G4 IM, KL47 TB, HEI+MSD, SSAC Headers, EGR Delete, high flow cat, Magnaflow, Weapon R coilovers, Meganracing STS, Smoked Tails, Pioneer 4 ways, Soundstream amps, Kicker CVX 15, custom box.
NC mx-kl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-12, 20:30   #80 (permalink)
  Total: 122 Power: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC mx-kl View Post
Silverbullet put it well, Powerbleeders are definitely worth the money. And don't drive with that line ruptured, obviously. For all of those that don't want to buy the powerbleeder or don't have the money for one, remember to gravity bleed the system whenever you replace the slave cylinder and/or the clutch mater cylinder. Once you have a new master cylinder and/or slave cylinder on and the hoses connected properly, leave the bleeder screw open on the slave cylinder until you see brake fluid coming out of the slave cylinder (since it's the furthest from the reservoir). After this, bleed the system like normal. Gravity bleeding definitely makes it less of a PITA than manually bleeding all of the air out of the system.
Indeed , gravity bleeding saves a lot of time and effort.

96 MX6 M Edition,5 speed-cai-Dynomax testpipe/glasspack,Raven dual chamber/dual exit muffler-few interior mods;DD
95 MX6,I4 5 speed -cai-GReddy cat back-strut brace/bar;Main DD
2001 Hyundai Tiburon,auto
94 626,V6 automatic-sold
tjvjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6-10-13, 23:46   #81 (permalink)
  Total: 10 Power: 0

I'm. Really new to this auto guide app not sure if posting the the right place but I have a 2nd gen 93 mx6 v6 ls and the cps sensor connector broke on the wiring harness and was wondering if anyone can post a pic of the connector with wire colors showing.?!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Theplayboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement