Built KL running - Page 2 - Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum
Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum User Control Panel

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum > 2G MX6 (93-97) > 2G MX6 General > 2G MX6 Other Performance
Register Home Forum Active Topics Garage Garage Photo Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

Mx6.com is the premier Mazda MX6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-12, 1:15   #16 (permalink)
  Total: 125 Power: 5

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/v...ecupigtail.jpg

the start of my MAF swap...I'm dumb and decided I wanted to remove the disty, too, so it may take a bit...
matt89glturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-12, 11:55   #17 (permalink)

Total: 406 Power: 5

^ Oh my lol.

1994 MX-6 RS -- RIP 1/30/2012
1996 MX-6 M-Edition
1993 RX-7 Grand Touring
2010 Mazda3 Hatch Grand Touring
ZE Power MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-12, 17:53   #18 (permalink)

more progress on the g4 stuff...60% of the ecu plugs are swapped and most of the new sensor connectors added...
Old 1-7-13, 23:51   #19 (permalink)

ooh...
Old 1-8-13, 9:27   #20 (permalink)

Total: 72 Power: 4

Matt, are you running the KLG4 IM?

1994 MX-6 LS ATX/MTX Swap
What have I done to it? Stuff... What will be done to it next? More Stuff...
Build Thread - http://www.mx6.com/forums/gallery/24...ld-thread.html
TwoPedalWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1-11-13, 12:58   #21 (permalink)

aye...one of the single biggest power gains I had, too
Old 1-11-13, 16:33   #22 (permalink)

Thats is sweet to hear. I have Michael from Xtremethings.com going a full job on the KLG4 and the hourglass mod to the Millenia TB. I should be seeing it in my hands within a couple of weeks.

Old 2-1-13, 23:18   #23 (permalink)

so I had attempt one for the g4 ecu install without success, if I have time I'll try it again tomorrow, even though it, at this time, won't be permanent, if I can get it to start I'll be happy...my car is a 94, and the harness I hacked up is a 93, I've ran into 1 important wire that isn't in the same spot between the 2, I'll actually look at it all tomorrow and see if there are more, and correct as needed, but all my splices are good per the voltmeter, I still have a couple things I need to work out before a permanent install of the ecu, such as fans and a/c...I have 3/4 of hte fans worked out, and am thinking it to be easier to run an aftermarket fan setup to eliminate the 2 stage fans, needing 4 ecu outputs for them...well, I guess 3, but the a/c is completely different between the 2 ecu's...

also, the wheels pictured above killed power, but for a hard rubber tire (720 treadwear, I think) they stick surprisingly good and are awesome in snow. Rubber is yokohama ascend 225/45/17, if I can get 2 years out of them, that would be great, though

Last edited by matt89glturbo; 2-1-13 at 23:22..
Old 5-20-13, 21:33   #24 (permalink)

been a while since an update, the g4 stuff has moved to the back burner, as it isn't a priority. Pretty sure I have a bad maf or coil pack, but once I have a 2nd running car, then I'll deal with it. Have discovered, as the car is an active autocrosser, that stock height could prolly fit and run a 225/45 17 race tire on 17x8 with a 45 offset with NO WORK, with my eibachs installed, I had to roll the rear fenders a bit, but haven't touched the front still...impressive how much room mazda left for improvement on a car that starts with such small tires/wheels...pics to come, just didn't have time as it was all done the night before the race, and I had to work the next day
Old 5-24-13, 17:36   #25 (permalink)
  Total: 10 Power: 2

This may sound kinda silly but, why didn't you go with the Milly MAF swap(KLG8 ECU) ?
You just needed a OBD1-OBD2 patch cable which I'm sure you could make yourself from what I've seen.

Well, hope you get it sorted out and enjoy driving the beast soon
ND28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-26-13, 14:40   #26 (permalink)

I went this way to go maf and get rid of the disty...disty is still going strong, hopefully be able to finish the swap later in the year, after race season. I have another mx6 that is going to be dedicated to racing, and will do the swap on that one, since I won't need to swap a bunch of stuff back and forth to figure it out, then if I like how it goes/runs, I'll make a 2nd harness for this car again. I have most of the stuff required for a 2nd swap...
Old 5-27-13, 11:32   #27 (permalink)
  Total: 13 Power: 2

how hard was the g4 manifold to install? did you have any problems with anything fitting?

i want to see dynos!

94 KLDE MX6 MXT - K&N CAI, 67mm TB, Full 2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust w. all SS Parts, Wrapped Headers, and Test Pipe M2 Lowering Springs, Strut Tower Bar, Angel Eye Halo Projector Headlights w. 6000k HID Conversion + Fogs, Smoked OEM Tails, Purple Under/Interior/Engine/Rim/Trunk Glow, 16" Enkei Rims, Custom Lip Kit All Around, 15% Tint, Blue Painted Engine/Calipers, EGR Delete
pigeon853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-27-13, 13:37   #28 (permalink)

@pigeon - look at my dyno thread. And it was easy to install.

http://www.mx6.com/forums/2g-mx6-gen...ml#post2404589 (Dyno Results - Current Setup vs (Later) KLG4 & IM & Cat)

and another thread at PT Dyno Results - Current ATX Setup vs (Later) KLG4 IM, TB, Cat, MTX Swap - ProbeTalk.com Forums

Old 5-28-13, 22:29   #29 (permalink)

pretty much just needed to make an adapter for the throttle cable bracket, but the rest was easy, all the solenoids on the rear get moved around a bit, but I didn't need to cut open the harness at all to lengthen wires except a tiny bit on the iac, but that was something special with this car that I can't think of atm, but didn't need to do it on another car I helped with the swap, just mine...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement