Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

My FE3 project... going to be a 2.3 NA

32K views 123 replies 26 participants last post by  Petu 
#1 ·
Hi!
i am currently building myself a "new" fe3 engine, its going to be a 2.3l N/A engine, yes i know ppl here like boosted things, so you dont need to mention that i should boost it with a turbo :p

First a little about my car, its a stock from the factory fe3 mazda 626

some of original ecuiptment ive got in the car:
- Orginal mazda front lip
- Orginal rear wing
- Crusie Control
- Air Condition
- Oscilating Vents
- Digital Speedometer
- Headlamp leveling
All this above the standard GLX/GT package, that includes allt he standard extras, like electrical windows, sunroof, GT interior and all those standards :)

this is a old picture of interior, taken the day i got the car :) allmost non of the extras ive put on are on this picture.

and the aftermarked stuff :)
Styling:
- 17''x 7 rims , rial lemans with Dunlop SP Sport FM901 235/40/17 tires
- Lowered about 40 mm
- Momo Race steering wheel
- Mazdaspeed shift knob
- Frontwindow with tinted top
- Tinted windows
- Xenon light 8000k
- + some thing dont recall atm :p

Engine/performace:
- Reprogramed ECU
- Simons sports exhaust
- Green Filter cold air intake
- adjusted ignision for 99 octane ron
- NGK Iridium IX spark plugs
- Regrinded cams from ENEM
- Walbro fuel pump
- Adjustable FPR
- Front strut bar
- and som things i dont recall atm

ICE:
Head unit
- Blaupunkt Woodstock DAB54
Amps
- Sony Xplod XM-D1000P5
- Axton 500C
Speakers
- Kenwood KFC-P403 (front)
- Alpine SPE-6903 6x9 (back)
- Sony Xplod XS-LD125P5 (sub)
Battery
- Exide Maxxima 900 DC
Others
- Carputer with lcd touchscreen, DVD, GPS, etc...
- Antitheft Alarm
- BelTronics RX65
- BelTronics FX2

i will continue on the specs of the "new" engine in anoter post, i dont have time to list it op now... :D

See less See more
Reactions: PGTF2T
#87 ·
Ouch, you started the engine dry like that? You need to cycle some oil through a new engine by disconnecting the coil and cranking it a few times beforehand. Then when you start it you let it idle to operating temp and gradually break it in by holding RPMs (3K) for a while. Then you drive it and make sure you alter your RPM to let the rings seat. I hope you're not just planning on getting in the car and driving it are you?

#88 · (Edited)
its not like its the first start, the engine has been in the car 3 days, and i have done the right things the first time i started it, 3 days ago, this is filmed 3 hours ago.

as you can see in the vid, the engine is warm...

#100 ·
the head gasket leaks oil... alot... :(

is there a special way to mount a mls headgasket, like adding som gasket on a tube or somthing. or is it like a ordenary gasket?

#102 ·
ahh, i forgot that o-ring... thnx!

i havent had any cooling water problems, i think. its bubling a little in the expension tank when i squice the radiator hose, but that just normal?

#103 ·
Ya the oil hole is probably an issue with the MLS gasket as it was with the copper ones. I used an injector o-ring and it worked great perfect fit.

#107 ·
i instaled it dry the first time, but when i fixed the leaj, i applied a thin thin layer of "the right stuff" gasket over the whole tingh, with o-rings where the oil controll plug its, on both sides.

today i will try to fix another problem, one of the injectors sucks false air. so it only goes on 3, but when i giggle it a little it runs fine, so i need to look at the orings and gaskets on the injectors...

here is a pic of how the engine looks:

#111 ·
Yeah, nice....

Now all you have to do is loose the heavy cast iron exhaust manifold....not that it flows badly or anything, it weighs nearly 20kg!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.