Help me please! - Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum
Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum User Control Panel

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum > Open Forums > General Automotive
Register Home Forum Active Topics Garage Garage Photo Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

Mx6.com is the premier Mazda MX6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1-31-12, 3:06   #1 (permalink)
  Total: 10 Power: 3

Help me please!

I just bought my first car , and im proud to say it is a 93 mx6 ls! With the 2.5 and paired with a 5 speed! In hunter green but there are a few things that i would like some advice and help with one of the first things a noticed with the car, is how stiff the shifter is, what would cause that? I know its winter and all and i live in canada so we get cold, but is this common? And the other things are the gas door lever in the cabin gets stuck and the dome interior light doesnt turn on. What could be the problem? Also, i dont think ive ever seen the seatbelt light on since ive had it... Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you -joseph
Firsttimer93mx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1-31-12, 8:18   #2 (permalink)
  Total: 19 Power: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firsttimer93mx6 View Post
I just bought my first car , and im proud to say it is a 93 mx6 ls! With the 2.5 and paired with a 5 speed! In hunter green but there are a few things that i would like some advice and help with one of the first things a noticed with the car, is how stiff the shifter is, what would cause that? I know its winter and all and i live in canada so we get cold, but is this common? And the other things are the gas door lever in the cabin gets stuck and the dome interior light doesnt turn on. What could be the problem? Also, i dont think ive ever seen the seatbelt light on since ive had it... Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you -joseph
Stiff shifter is good. Most likely the car has had new shifter bushings.. it may be extra stiff because its cold but if you can shift okay, i wouldnt worry too much...

The gas door lever is on a cable, the cable may be siezing up on you, or just the actual pull device itself, carefully spray some Jig-a-loo or something similar on the lever/ cable connecting to the lever.. might help.

Interior dome light; could just be burnt out... i would change the bulb, and if not, check the fuses. cheers.

1993 FD3S RX-7 - LHD Touring Edition: (Stock w/ 103KM's) Black Leather, & Bose.
1994 MX-6 LS-ZE - [Clutchmasters] [OBX] [Outlaw-Engineering] [RR-Racing] [TOKICO] [AWR] [XTREMETHINGS] [KING6]
1993 323: ATX - The Beater; Alpine Audio - MAZDASPEED/323/ALPINE spkr cvrs. RPM GAUGE.
1993 MX-6 LS-DE - 2nd Beater; Soon to be parts car.
mx6mazdaspeed69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1-31-12, 9:03   #3 (permalink)
  Total: 480 Power: 5

check your trans fluid. make sure its full. if its low or out, it can make it harder to shift.

~Patrick~

http://www.pmx626.com/ Your all in one Probe, MX-6, 626 Search engine.
monoxidechild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1-31-12, 9:28   #4 (permalink)

I know that it had a clutch replaced at 120k and its at just over 180,1/2k so i know the clutch isnt bad, i checked the bulb and even connected it to a power source and it works fine, and all the other lights work like the map lights and the door lights:/ and i checked all the fuses too, maybe a bad switch? ya, i know its driven on a cable, i checked the override in the trunk to make sure that ots not that that is seized and its fine. And i think ill tie a string to it and spray it like you said, push it down, spray and pull on it. Thanks guys does anybody know about the seatbelt light?
Old 2-1-12, 1:02   #5 (permalink)

Bump! Anybody know about the seatbelt light?
Old 2-1-12, 1:22   #6 (permalink)
  Total: 174 Power: 5

Check the cluster bulb? Or the sensor. Most of the mx6 seatbelts have a sensor attached to the female seatbelt buckle part.

Dmitriy (Dima) 1995 Black RS 5 speed RIP, 1995 White LS 5 speed,
2004 Electric Yellow RX-8 GT 6 speed
Dima_MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2-1-12, 12:36   #7 (permalink)

Thanks i will check the buckle and see, and when the car is started and you dont have your seatbelt on, is it supposed to "ding"?
Old 2-4-13, 4:06   #8 (permalink)

Well, its been over a year since i bought my beast, and its been an amazing car to me! Best part is the handling the way it hugs corners! Ive got mild mods like protege5 shift knob, green LED interior lights, green painted calipers , rear lat arms etc . Its gotten me in some trouble cause its TOO much fun but oh well. Thanks guys for all your input and help!
Old 2-4-13, 15:52   #9 (permalink)
  Total: 16 Power: 5

Re: Help me please!

Im glad you're enjoying it! These cars are insanely fun but they aren't well known so that makes it even better
whiteboysmx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-5-13, 2:02   #10 (permalink)

Ya haha, maybe alittle TOO much fun but oh well s*** happens right? And oh yeah, ill agree with you on all counts. Love my car

93 mx6 LS 5 speed,Front strut bar,4" ractive muffler with 2.25" straight pipe,JVC deck with BT,originally"taupe" interior being converted to black leather. *NEW*CAI run under battery tray,12"Fusion sub w/amp enlosure, MOMO Corse steering wheel. 17" DAI GTR Limited Metallic Candy Lime Rims. Fiberglass Rsx Type s high spoiler. Loud, Fun, and Fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement