Bolt on lambo door kits! - Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum
Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum User Control Panel

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum > Open Forums > General Automotive
Register Home Forum Active Topics Garage Garage Photo Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

Mx6.com is the premier Mazda MX6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-1-12, 6:27   #1 (permalink)
  Total: 10 Power: 2

Bolt on lambo door kits!

What are your opinions on direct bolt on lambo door kits. Which is better the weld on kit or the bolt on? Looking into possibly buying a kit because I think they look boss as [fizzle] on the mx6. I think they will look sexy as [fizzle] with my vader kit.
W4rmic3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-1-12, 14:41   #2 (permalink)

Total: 1951 Power: 6

boss as [fizzle] and sexy as [fizzle] do not go together. why do so many boys call their 2g mx6's sexy?

88 626 4WS Turbo Noble White
97 626 LX V6 Timberline Mica
Email me for a turbo rebuild!
Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-3-12, 11:23   #3 (permalink)
Its not butter?!!!!1
  Total: 1223 Power: 5

I know you're young, and all young guys do this. But try to keep in mind the blackbook value of the car. Its really not worth much, at all. Soon, your car will be 20 years old, and definitely worse for wear. Sinking money into it at your stage of life is probably a very far cry from whats financially best for you right now.

Keep in mind, all you'll have when your done is receipts for blowing $4k on an $300 car with an expensive body kit, rims and other add ons such as tires & rims, that'll be worth maybe $1k by the time you're done. I'd keep it as a commuter, and just keep it going. If you want something nice, look elsewhere.

Da Whips
-'07 Triumph Daytona 675.
-1938 Chevy half ton hot rod project (in the works)
(and a bunch of other [shizzle] like DD's etc etc)
Graham_A_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-3-12, 11:43   #4 (permalink)

Total: 68 Power: 4

Graham_a_m > change your handle to CommonSense

1994 MX-6 LS ATX/MTX Swap
What have I done to it? Stuff... What will be done to it next? More Stuff...
Build Thread - http://www.mx6.com/forums/gallery/24...ld-thread.html
TwoPedalWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-7-12, 23:12   #5 (permalink)
Its not butter?!!!!1

^ lol, WTF? what does that supposed to mean?

I dont know, I have common sense. That being said, the most important thing to do at 21 is to save up and buy a house, or things of that sort. To blow $4k-5k fixing up some [shizzle]box car is a very far cry from that. Hence the comment.
I was young once too, now its funny to see how ridiculous it once was to blow untold amounts of money on bodykits and things of that sort.

It wouldn't be that bad, but to see how little you'll get as a return on investment, Im just trying to save him from spending money he doesn't have to fix up a turd that will never sell for what he put into it. Nothing more really.

Last edited by Graham_A_M; 11-7-12 at 23:16..

Da Whips
Old 11-15-12, 21:29   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for your concern about my finances, but mind your own business. Yes I know I will most likely not get what I've put into, but I'm not doing this to make money. I'm doing this so I have a car that I can enjoy and be proud of. A car that turns heads and i can enter in shows and what not. As I said in my other thread. Money is NOT an issue. And as far as being 21 and I should be concerned about saving money for other things. I already own everything I need/want (including a house with my fiancé) and have been working hard all my life. Put myself through college on my own dime and have been working as a sous chef ever since. So before you concern yourself with the way people spend there money and call it "stupid"find out the facts. Thanks.
Old 11-16-12, 0:09   #7 (permalink)
  Total: 20 Power: 5

im all for putting money into cars that arnt 'worth' much .. just not on lambo doors
97mx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 2:01   #8 (permalink)
  Total: 95 Power: 5

First....I will would like to get back on the topic. I respect what Graham is trying say and I do agree with him.

Now, back to the topic............I think I am the only one left in the forum who actually have the kit on the 6.

1) Keep in mind....direct bolt on is BS......you still need to modify the fender, the door, the OEM hinge screw holes location........however, you do not need to weld.

2) After you install the hinge, it took me several days of testing, opening & closing, driving on the freeway in order to make sure it is completely sealed.

3) Keep in mind, it does look good, but it will be a pain in the ass if your 6 is your only ride.........specially when you have to go in & out very often.........

If you do have the budget, I will suggest the bolt on kit just because you do not have to weld it and you can install it yourself with a friend. Installation is easy, but the adjustment is hell.

Prepare to get tons of wires as you will need them for your switches and speakers wiring.

Prepare much more patient than you think.

Highly.....recommend you to another another car as daily ride.....

New rides 96 3000GT VR4, 99 3000GT

My Rides: 08 750I, 01 740IL, 99 Z3, 05 CLK 500 AMG Package, 93 MX6 GREEN (Crashed & Repairing)
My Wife: 03 ML 350, 01 CL500
On sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 2:12   #9 (permalink)

Personal note, I did it on my 6 only because I have sentimental value on the 6 and only because I am financially capable of doing so....

Be very careful on drilling the holes on your door, as even 1/8 inch will make big different on sealing.

Base on my experience, welding kit is only good for professional installation. If you install it yourself, I will never recommend you the weld kit. It took me several times to uninstall the whole hinge in order to get the perfect angle. You will never know the perfect angle until you install the hinge completely. After you get the perfect angle, you will have to adjust the height, width and depth which can be done with tiny screws on the hinge.

Lastly, I almost get a lambo door deal for my VR4 as well, but I turn it down after all the hell I have been with my 6.

Hope this help and good luck : )

My Rides: 08 750I, 01 740IL, 99 Z3, 05 CLK 500 AMG Package, 93 MX6 GREEN (Crashed & Repairing)
Old 11-16-12, 23:15   #10 (permalink)
Its not butter?!!!!1

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4rmic3 View Post
Thanks for your concern about my finances, but mind your own business. Yes I know I will most likely not get what I've put into, but I'm not doing this to make money. I'm doing this so I have a car that I can enjoy and be proud of. A car that turns heads and i can enter in shows and what not. As I said in my other thread. Money is NOT an issue. And as far as being 21 and I should be concerned about saving money for other things. I already own everything I need/want (including a house with my fiancé) and have been working hard all my life. Put myself through college on my own dime and have been working as a sous chef ever since. So before you concern yourself with the way people spend there money and call it "stupid"find out the facts. Thanks.
Not too sure what "pride" you can have, in blowing stupid money on an obsolete car thats far from a sports car to begin with
Ah, so you can put yourself through college & bought a house as a sous chef right? okie dokie. You must be doing something entirely different then about 95% of the executive chef's I've talked to over the years. Unless your "house" is a double wide trailer you bought for $15k.
Whatever, Im just having a good laugh. I couldn't care less what you do with the "mad coin" you make as an assistant chef.
Its funny you say you make decent enough money, yet here you are proposing blowing foolish money on a $300 car. Doesn't exactly make sense to me.

Whatever, its your call mad balla'! Just take it easy, Sunset strip has enough playa's like somebody around here.

EDIT:
Anyway, for what its worth, doing the Lambo door kits on any of my two hotrods, typically involved tack welding it, then weighting the doors properly. Once everything looked kosher, then I fully welded on the hinges.

Last edited by Graham_A_M; 11-16-12 at 23:30..

Da Whips
Old 11-17-12, 10:18   #11 (permalink)

^ well.....if u don't know what is "tack welding".....go for the Bolt-On.....I ain't professional and the hinges are very tricky to install.....

I thought I was done once I can open and close properly......the sealing part is very hard to me as the door on the 6 is a nice frameless window door.

I have been told there is motorized shocks for the hinge but I heard they run about $800. Also, Lambo door is really just for show and really annoying if you have to open and close all the time. Besides, if you are a big guy, it will be an extra non no to you.

Lastly, I do think it is a waste to do lambo door now.........there was a joke saying "Even Lambo doesn't have Lambo door now......" as they were referring the Gallardo........Don't get me wrong, it does look very awesome when the door open, but I end up parked the 6 in my company garage for 1 years now untouched after 1 week of driving............

Old 11-17-12, 14:56   #12 (permalink)
  Total: 31 Power: 5

Quote:
Graham_A_M just got.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham_A_M View Post
I know you're young, and all young guys do this. But try to keep in mind the blackbook value of the car. Its really not worth much, at all. Soon, your car will be 20 years old, and definitely worse for wear. Sinking money into it at your stage of life is probably a very far cry from whats financially best for you right now.

Keep in mind, all you'll have when your done is receipts for blowing $4k on an $300 car with an expensive body kit, rims and other add ons such as tires & rims, that'll be worth maybe $1k by the time you're done. I'd keep it as a commuter, and just keep it going. If you want something nice, look elsewhere.

So what people have disposable income? Please, Not every one is intrested in buying a house by the age of 21. I could use the same logic for your hot road project too man. Works bolth ways. What makes these cars unique, is there isn't to manny left on the road. I like to see them still being modded. (just not riced out).

Last edited by Zach; 11-21-12 at 8:53..

I can't think of any thing to put down here, other then I own a 5.0 Mustang.
xIFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-12, 22:18   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham_A_M View Post
Not too sure what "pride" you can have, in blowing stupid money on an obsolete car thats far from a sports car to begin with
Ah, so you can put yourself through college & bought a house as a sous chef right? okie dokie. You must be doing something entirely different then about 95% of the executive chef's I've talked to over the years. Unless your "house" is a double wide trailer you bought for $15k.
Whatever, Im just having a good laugh. I couldn't care less what you do with the "mad coin" you make as an assistant chef.
Its funny you say you make decent enough money, yet here you are proposing blowing foolish money on a $300 car. Doesn't exactly make sense to me.

Whatever, its your call mad balla'! Just take it easy, Sunset strip has enough playa's like somebody around here.

EDIT:
Anyway, for what its worth, doing the Lambo door kits on any of my two hotrods, typically involved tack welding it, then weighting the doors properly. Once everything looked kosher, then I fully welded on the hinges.
Did I once say I make "mad coin"? Like wtf is wrong with you. I'm probably just not an idiot like your dumbass friends and actually know how to save my money. I live quite comfortably, not extravagantly and I have more then enough surplus income to put how ever much money I'd like to into my 6. Why are you even on this forum as it seems you have some hatred for the 6. But whatever go [fizzle] your hotrods tailpipe. Bring some water. It could get exhausting.
Old 11-18-12, 22:28   #14 (permalink)

And just for the record I don't live in a trailer. I live in a $300,000 home.
Old 11-21-12, 8:53   #15 (permalink)

Total: 1951 Power: 6

Quote:
And just for the record I don't live in a trailer. I live in a $300,000 home.
Either your fiance or family is loaded, or your bull[shizzle]ting. No way in hell a sous chef makes enough coin to buy a $300,000 house. Thanks for playing junior.

My guess is that "your house" is your parents house, possibly second home that they will gift to you once you're married. If you're as smart with money as you say you are, then you realize that sinking this type of money in a dead platform is pointless. There is no ROI, and once you crack a headgasket or lose a transmission you'll be parting it out getting .20 USD on the canadian dollar.

So please...stop edick swinging here. We're not impressed. Graham was offering his insight, because like a lot of us here, have made the mistake of sinking money into these damn things. We just know better now...at least some of us do

88 626 4WS Turbo Noble White
97 626 LX V6 Timberline Mica
Email me for a turbo rebuild!
Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement