Whats wrong with UPS lately? - Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum
Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum User Control Panel

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum > Open Forums > Lounge
Register Home Forum Active Topics Garage Garage Photo Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

Mx6.com is the premier Mazda MX6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5-5-06, 11:19   #1 (permalink)
  Total: 219 Power: 5

Whats wrong with UPS lately?

Anyone else have a problem with UPS not updating their tracking information? The last few packages ive gotten from them have had nothing written on the tracking page to tell me where it is. Theyre usually good about it, but lately, Ive been getting tracking results like this:

So, as of the 1st, the Billing information was recieved. This doesnt mean it was sent out or anything, it just means that the shipper has contacted UPS. Then all of a sudden without having any arrival scans, or departure scans, it ends up in Greensboro 3 days later for a Destination Scan? Its supposed to be delivered today, and theres nothing that says its out for Delivery or anything. Just these 2 scans. Whats up with UPS? Anyone else have tracking issues?

Chrissmazdamx6 is now ChrissJettaGLI
Chrissmazdamx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 5-5-06, 11:22   #2 (permalink)
  Total: 167 Power: 5

Yeah, that's been happening lately. Its like they just cut down the updating steps. Don't know what to tell you though other than my dad and I have had those problems lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING6 View Post
Everyone knows, if you want puntang, you put up with the BS.
mx654321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-5-06, 11:25   #3 (permalink)
  Total: 1736 Power: 5

That's pretty bad. You'd figure they'd at least have a receipt of package scan.

I've talked to them before about ground tracking and an item disappearing for a couple days in the middle.. they said that they don't focus so much about tracking on ground shipment items. However, in this case, that's completely unacceptable. I'd call and complain.

Jeff ~ 1995 PGT ZE-T MSnS-E v3 (317whp @ 8.5psi / 275whp @ 5.5psi)
PARTING A LOT OF 2g and 1g STUFF
FS: Borla for sale.
FS: Clear headlight covers, headlight, fog, tail, gauge cluster
90 PGT MTX with 97k original miles!
Fastest95PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-5-06, 11:33   #4 (permalink)
  Total: 219 Power: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastest95PGT
That's pretty bad. You'd figure they'd at least have a receipt of package scan.

I've talked to them before about ground tracking and an item disappearing for a couple days in the middle.. they said that they don't focus so much about tracking on ground shipment items. However, in this case, that's completely unacceptable. I'd call and complain.
Ive had worse. My last package had an arrival scan, then a departure scan, and then it disappeared for like 4 days. I thought they lost it, but it turned up with a Destination Scan in Greensboro eventually. I also had 2 other packages coming at the same time, and had problems with tracking results for all of them too.

Chrissmazdamx6 is now ChrissJettaGLI
Chrissmazdamx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-5-06, 11:45   #5 (permalink)

Total: 406 Power: 5

I have a package coming today, and all the scan were on the site.

1994 MX-6 RS -- RIP 1/30/2012
1996 MX-6 M-Edition
1993 RX-7 Grand Touring
2010 Mazda3 Hatch Grand Touring
ZE Power MX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-5-06, 11:47   #6 (permalink)
  Total: 425 Power: 5

Should be here any minute....

Last edited by Darmstro; 5-5-06 at 11:51..

2012 Corolla S - Reliable Commuter
1997 2WD F150 - Project/Workhorse
1971 Honda C70 - Project for a friend
Darmstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-5-06, 13:33   #7 (permalink)
  Total: 953 Power: 5

I don't know, but for what its worth I've had the same problem with FedEx.

And then the USPS, where it works like that ALL the time, rather than when things are screwy as with UPS and FedEx.

I'll keep a close watch on my work-shipping tracking stuff and see if I'm having the same thing happen.

Wikipedia is a Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG) in which participants play editors of a hypothetical online encyclopedia, where they try to insert misinformation that they are randomly assigned when they create their accounts, while preventing contrary information from being entered by others. Players with similar misinformation to promote will generally form "guilds" in order to aid each other.
skiingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-5-06, 20:02   #8 (permalink)
  Total: 48 Power: 5

UPS sucks. I use them and Purolator and Fedex at work everyday and Fedex is the best out of the three...definitely not flawless, but definitely the one I would rather use. UPS is as bad as Canada Post. I sent some legal papers to my landlords from here in Ontario out to Alberta. I kept checking the tracking number cause I sent them registered and had to have them there by a certain date and the package was completely missing for a week. I'd rather tie the papers to a string around a bird's neck and have it flown out there. You can't trust anyone with your packages anymore. Whatever happened to the good ol' Pony Express? lol

*No longer Tweaked's Girl
Tweaked's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-5-06, 22:35   #9 (permalink)
  Total: 1051 Power: 5

You didnt see that kevin costner flick?

I'ts a piece of cake to bake a pretty cake, if the way is hazy
You gotta do the cooking by the book, you know you can't be lazy
Dyoel182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-6-06, 10:12   #10 (permalink)
  Total: 157 Power: 5

UPS is real [shizzle]. I shiped my package in Arizona and it arrived 2 weeks later. I paid the guy when he picked the package but they send me a bill like if I didn't pay nothing.

1994 Mx6 Mystere LS on K-Sport, That's it. (sold)
2006 Civic EX Coupe
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/692775
LuN@t!k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-6-06, 10:32   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuN@t!k
UPS is real [shizzle]. I shiped my package in Arizona and it arrived 2 weeks later. I paid the guy when he picked the package but they send me a bill like if I didn't pay nothing.
How do you pay UPS cash? Who pays cash for anything nowadays anyways? You didn't get a receipt either? Wow, talk about 3 lessons learned.

Old 5-6-06, 11:02   #12 (permalink)
  Total: 157 Power: 5

I paid cash and he gave me a receipt. I had to call them like 3 times to tell them I paid. they canceled the bill. I'm just saying it's waste of time. What's this [shizzle] about learning lessons anyways????

1994 Mx6 Mystere LS on K-Sport, That's it. (sold)
2006 Civic EX Coupe
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/692775
LuN@t!k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-6-06, 11:35   #13 (permalink)
  Total: 1512 Power: 5

The company I work for ships tons of stuff all the time, and according to our head of operations, FedEx definitely has their [shizzle] together much more than UPS. UPS is famous for delivering packages to the wrong building or sometimes just not showing up for pickups/deliveries. I know when our company changed addresses it took almost a month for UPS to get it straight that we weren't at the old building anymore - FedEx it was no problem.

Don't even get me started on USPS. Do not under any circumstances ship any packages through USPS - they will show up a month later at the other end looking like they got kicked down the stairs multiple times.
magik8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-6-06, 11:48   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuN@t!k
I paid cash and he gave me a receipt. I had to call them like 3 times to tell them I paid. they canceled the bill. I'm just saying it's waste of time. What's this [shizzle] about learning lessons anyways????
The lesson is to pay for it online and print out your pre-paid shipping label. Then it's all in their computers rather than the driver having to be competent.

Old 5-6-06, 13:48   #15 (permalink)
  Total: 39 Power: 5

OK, I am coming in defense of UPS here. And I am also going to kick them to the curb and tell you how ignorant they are behaving as of lately.

LuN@t!k, you do NOT pay a UPS driver with cash. We accept only Check, Money Order, or Cashiers check. UPS drivers are not allowed to accept cash. I don't know why he took cash from you, but he was not supposed to. That may be why you had billing issues.

Magik8, it may be the person shipping your packages that got the address wrong. There have been many upon many times that I have gotten a package for an address on my route that I know for a fact the company moved to a different address. And sometimes these companys have been moved, or gone out of business for months, and they STILL receive things! It happenes all the time. It's more often than not the supplier has not updated THEIR shipping accounts to reflect your address change.

As far as everyone saying "maybe the cut down on steps" ect ect. This is how their system goes. Every package that is picked up by a driver is scanned at the time of pickup, whether by an "End of Day" report, or by scanning the 1z tracking bar code itself on the package. As the package enters the terminal, it is now scanned again and then sorted to the appropriate trailer to go to a hub for it to be sorted to go to its next destination. Every hub that trailer goes to or from, it is scanned. Every time those packages leave the trailer or go onto another trailer, they are scanned. When the packages reach their destination terminal, they are then scanned as they come off the trailer before they are put onto the package car for delivery. And of course as the driver releases the package, it is scanned for the final time.

So you can only imagine how many times that package is scanned just by that small model.

Throughout the United States UPS has also been upgrading and installing more electronic scanning systems to make things more efficient and to expedite their sorting methods and to ensure the packages go on the right trucks.

Let me tell you, I think Microsoft designed the software for this new system because it [fizzle]ING BLOWS. The system is supposed to interpret addresses, correct address mistakes automatically, and do other "smart" things to ensure packages get to where they need to go. Essential what this system does in reality, is change the addresses to the wrong streets. Eliminates Cardinal directions off packages, or changes them to the completely opposite. It basically makes our life a living hell. Ever since the implementation of this new system, I have seen more employee turnover than when I worked at wal-mart. I'm not talking people just hired that quit, these people that left were there for 5, 10, and in some cases, up to 15 years or more. It's just very saddening. And the best part is, Management says "Our system works fine, it's because of the drivers that it is failing."

But hey, I'll put up with it as long as I keep getting my fat paychecks :-D

-meaty

Full Time UPS Service Provider, Sarasota, FL

'90 Miata Automatic, '92 Miata (girlfriends), '95 Miata, 1/3 of a '96 Miata, '88 626 Touring Sedan (ATX), '88 626 Touring Sedan (MTX) '88 MX-6 GT
...I need... more cars...
deadmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement