2014 Mazda6 Rendered into Reality - Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum
Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum User Control Panel

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum > General Site Forums > News
Register Home Forum Active Topics Garage Garage Photo Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

Mx6.com is the premier Mazda MX6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 7-13-12, 13:56   #1 (permalink)
  Total: 10 Power: 6

2014 Mazda6 Rendered into Reality

Quote:
Japanese automakers Honda, Toyota and Nissan have all taken the conservative approach to restyling their mid-size sedans. Mazda, however, gave a clear indication when it revealed the Takeri concept at the Tokyo Motor Show, that it would take a chance and, as usual, march to the beat of a different drum.

With teasers of the 2014 Mazda6 already released and a collection of spy photos available, this expert rendering incorporates all we know to bring the next-generation mid-size Mazda to life. The brandís Kodo design language is evident in the swooping creases of the sheetmetal with pronounced fenders and a sleek profile. Remarkably similar to the concept car, itís a clear sign that Mazda may be alone among its Japanese kin in recognizing the threat from Korean automakers like Hyundai and Kia comes in part due to progressive new designs.

When it hits out shores in 2013, styling wonít be the only big news related to the all-new Mazda6. For starters it will ride on an all-new light weight platform as part of the brandís Skyactiv initiative. Mazda has committed to reducing the weight of its vehicles by at least 100 kg, or 220 lbs. With the current 6 tipping the scales at 3,272 lbs, this new model could approach, or even break through, the 3,000 lb barrier.

If Mazda does decide to equip the 6 with its new Skyactiv-G gasoline engine, weíd expect a slight power bump from the motor, as it currently produces just 150 hp and 155 lb-ft of torque in the CX-5. No V6 engine will be offered but for those looking for added power, expect the 6 to be the first US Mazda to come equipped with a diesel engine. The new Skyactiv-D powerplant will make roughly 165 hp as as much as 300 lb-ft (or more) of torque.
Read the complete 2014 Mazda6 photos story at AutoGuide.com
AutoGuide.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 7-13-12, 14:20   #2 (permalink)
  Total: 139 Power: 5

HA! I nailed it! 4 months ago when I redesigned the Takeri concept with slight cue changes, I took a gamble on what the production model would look like. I am dead on!

Here is what I had "designed"

Elegance Auto Detailing
Your Heart Beats, Mine Rotates!
JoeyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7-16-12, 15:46   #3 (permalink)
  Total: 28 Power: 5

"The new Skyactiv-D powerplant will make roughly 165 hp as as much as 300 lb-ft (or more) of torque." In a car that weighs in just over 3000lbs? Come on... Wish they could focus a bit more POWER and less focus on MPG. But being front wheel drive, it ain't no Bimmer.

I'd love to see them come out with redesign of the MX6. Make it a competitor for Mustangs, Camaros, Charger, and the like. 2dr, rear wheel drive. 260-380hp.

1995 "Erika" エリカ MX6 RS I4 ATX, 116K Miles. Good bye. Sold
1996 "Naomi" 直美 MX6 LS V6 MTX 218K Miles | The DD + Stock Project
chieftain20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7-16-12, 18:06   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chieftain20 View Post
"The new Skyactiv-D powerplant will make roughly 165 hp as as much as 300 lb-ft (or more) of torque." In a car that weighs in just over 3000lbs? Come on... Wish they could focus a bit more POWER and less focus on MPG. But being front wheel drive, it ain't no Bimmer.

I'd love to see them come out with redesign of the MX6. Make it a competitor for Mustangs, Camaros, Charger, and the like. 2dr, rear wheel drive. 260-380hp.
The entire world cares about fuel efficiency and not performance. Mazda won't make a poor economical move for a handful of people. Also note that horsepower doesn't mean much where there are speed limits. Torque is what pulls you from 1 red light to another, and this SkyActiv-D will have plenty of pull with it's 2.2 twin turbo (compound) set-up.

Also, this IS the new MX-6. The MX-6 was the 2 door variant of the 626, which became the Mazda6. So it will never be a direct competitor to Camaros and friends.

People can't be looking at new cars and comparing to the sportier cars from the early 90's. The automotive industry has evolved and won't take a step back.

Elegance Auto Detailing
Old 7-17-12, 2:26   #5 (permalink)
  Total: 28 Power: 5

I'm just going to let you run... Flaming failed. Nice try. But I'll just suggest you look up what platform the Mazda6 was based off of before stating stuff as fact.

Good looking car though. Still too big IMO.

1995 "Erika" エリカ MX6 RS I4 ATX, 116K Miles. Good bye. Sold
1996 "Naomi" 直美 MX6 LS V6 MTX 218K Miles | The DD + Stock Project
chieftain20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7-17-12, 7:52   #6 (permalink)

I wasn't flaming? I was simply stating that Mazda isn't going to make cars for a small group of people who would rather have performance than fuel efficiency because it isn't economically profitable.

It doesn't matter what platform was used. Manufacturers swap and reuse platforms for different applications all the time.

In 1988-1997 MX-6 = 626. 626 was replaced by Mazda6 in 2003. Therefore, the Mazda6 is the "new" MX-6.

MX-6/626 was a FWD coupe/sedan, whereas the Mustang, Camaro, Charger and others where RWD sports cars.

There isn't much demand for coupes anymore compared to sedans that have a sporty look to them.

Elegance Auto Detailing
Old 7-23-12, 23:09   #7 (permalink)

Total: 484 Power: 5

Its got the same grill as a CX-5.

I find the CX-5 kind of ugly, and its too big for the little 2.0L engine. Its not getting good reviews,. They all say its underpowered. Sales seem poor because i've only seen one on the road (and it driving slowly and having some engine problems)
LARKEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7-24-12, 7:02   #8 (permalink)

Writing a review in another thread including this^ comment.

Last edited by JoeyV; 7-24-12 at 7:33..

Elegance Auto Detailing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement