2014 Mazda6 Revealed with 2.5L Engine - Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum
Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum User Control Panel

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum > General Site Forums > News
Register Home Forum Active Topics Garage Garage Photo Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

Mx6.com is the premier Mazda MX6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8-28-12, 16:10   #1 (permalink)
  Total: 10 Power: 6

2014 Mazda6 Revealed with 2.5L Engine

Quote:
The newest and one of the most anticipated fresh entrants to the midsize sedan segment will get its world debut tomorrow at the Moscow Auto Show, though the most important information will remain a secret.

Which tidbits will Mazda keep close to the vest, you may ask? The American market specifications, which will be released at a later date. Instead, the announcement includes information about the engine options which will include a 148-hp SkyActiv-G 2.0-liter four-cylinder and a 189-hp 2.5-liter SkyActiv-G four cylinder.

Unfortunately, that doesnít shed any light on the brandís plans to keep or cast aside the 2012 modelís 272-hp 3.7-liter V6 which helped bring previous models farther upmarket. Then again, market preferences have changed significantly since the outgoing generation Mazda6 debuted. Now even cars like the BMW 328i have migrated to a four-cylinder powerplant, albeit with help from a turbocharger.

While recent information isnít available, Mazda exec Jim OíSullivan said that all future Mazdas will incorporate SkyActiv technology. Given that and the fact that Mazda doesnít have a V6 in its new engine line, it stands to reason that the car will drop its thirsty engine option.

That still leaves one question mark: the SkyActiv-D, which is the diesel version seen in the Takeri concept which the car is heavily based on. For now, Mazda is being mum about bringing an oil burning version of the midsize sedan to North America, but OíSullivan hinted that there is a possibility during a conversation with AutoGuide at the New York Auto Show.
See more photos of the 2014 Mazda6 at AutoGuide.com
AutoGuide.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 9-18-12, 3:51   #2 (permalink)
  Total: 28 Power: 5

Now that would be sweet for the 3.7L in the Mazda6.

I'm sure if I had some amount, say like the Powerball amount of money, I might do that.

1995 "Erika" エリカ MX6 RS I4 ATX, 116K Miles. Good bye. Sold
1996 "Naomi" 直美 MX6 LS V6 MTX 218K Miles | The DD + Stock Project
chieftain20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement