Clutch Pedal stuck on floor? - Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum
Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum User Control Panel

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mazda MX6 Forums: MX6 Forum > USA Forums > Texas
Register Home Forum Active Topics Garage Garage Photo Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

Mx6.com is the premier Mazda MX6 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-08, 9:35   #1 (permalink)
  Total: 10 Power: 5

Clutch Pedal stuck on floor?

What will cause the clutch pedal to stay on floor? I went to start my car this morning and pushed the clutch in and well it stayed in? Will not let me put it in gear or anything. Like the clutch pedal is still up but it's not? Any ideas what it could be? Just wondering if it could be in the pedal or if i'm going to have to pull the transmission?
BLWNLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-08, 9:43   #2 (permalink)
  Total: 20 Power: 5

Clutch master cylinder is bad...happened to me last month. Can you pull it back up and use it to shift or is it just flat? If its just flat it could be a broken fork on the throwout bearing.....i just changed the clutch ms and bled the lines and it fixed the problem.....

Good luck!

'nix
'nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-08, 14:47   #3 (permalink)
  Total: 90 Power: 5

It also could be the slave cylder, might want to check that too

93 Mx6 LS-T-project car
93 PGT-daily
guitardude1568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-08, 19:33   #4 (permalink)
  Total: 216 Power: 5

try bleeding it?

DarkMx-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-08, 9:54   #5 (permalink)

It stays on the floor with no pressure what so ever on the pedal. If I pull it up it will not go into gear. Unfortunately I think it's something broke in transmission. I will be pulling it apart in the next few days. It was doing good up until it got real cold one night and the clutch was a little stiff the next morning when I when to start it. I think I will start it in gear and drive it to a friends shop that has a a lift and a HEATER!
Old 12-23-08, 9:56   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMx-6 View Post
try bleeding it?
Was looking on the transmission where the fork is... Pushed it and came back when I let it go, still had plenty of pressure... I wondering it the throw out bearing could have slipped... Anyone here of that?
Old 12-23-08, 13:36   #7 (permalink)
  Total: 216 Power: 5

the slave most likey went. it is good practice to replace master and slave cause just one new one places a lot of strain on one old one and will wear it out quick. if it went a little stiff then went it could be master. I say replace both cause it eliminates confusion and it'll only have to be done once. if you only buy one I'd buy the slave.

good way to check is to grab the slave rod and try to push. if its tough and moves the fork than ur slave is fine. if its easy and the fork doesn't move than slave first.

hope this helped.

Last edited by professorblaze; 12-23-08 at 13:43..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas View Post
I'll take "Cars you shouldn't own while living in an open parking apartment complex for $1000 Alex"
check out the weekend/road racing baby of mine!
http://www.cardomain.com/Ride/382066...rolet-corvette
professorblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-08, 16:19   #8 (permalink)
  Total: 507 Power: 5

x2 on double checking the slave/clutch master cylinder. They are always the culprits in clutch pedals stuck to the floor.

-Rick- 88 MX6 GT Celeste
Boosted on an Electromotive TECII standalone. FE-DOHC rebuild
Quote:
This is a little-visited and quite esoteric area of the site...
97 Miata Lola
RbluEMx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-08, 7:56   #9 (permalink)

Damn been to busy with the holidays I haven't had a change to tear into it... I will check the slave rod and see if it is the culprit. I hope it is because that will save a lot of hassle... Now how easy should it move if it is bad.. Or could I move it at all (by hand) if it is still good? I will check it today when I get off work..
Old 12-28-08, 12:08   #10 (permalink)

yup ten bucks says its a bad slave
Treetracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1-2-09, 16:10   #11 (permalink)

Well i got around to replacing the slave cylinder and unfortunately for me that was not the problem. Let me get a little more into detail about what it is doing.... Clutch pedal is on the floor, you can pull it up with your hand it will stay up only because the spring is holding it up. You can literally thump the pedal and it will go to the floor there is no pressure up/down movement of the pedal what so ever. Yet I push the slave in and it comes back out..... What should I consider doing next....

I appreciate everyone's input so far

Thanks in Advance,
Joey
Old 1-2-09, 16:52   #12 (permalink)
  Total: 90 Power: 5

i would say do the master cylinder next.

I thought the slave cylinder was the problem on mine, but it ended up being the master

93 Mx6 LS-T-project car
93 PGT-daily
guitardude1568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1-2-09, 19:28   #13 (permalink)

did you bleed it properly
Treetracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1-3-09, 0:58   #14 (permalink)

All I could do is gravity bleed it since the is no pressure in the pedal. It just stays on the floor. But on top of gravity bleeding it I did pump the slave cylinder to get any air out... I think I will purchase the master cylinder tomorrow and hope that is the problem? Any one have a guide on how to get the master cylinder out? Do I have to remove the steering column? I will try and figure this out tomorrow. And will if that's not it it is definately in the transmission.
Old 1-7-09, 9:40   #15 (permalink)

Clutch Master Cylinder

Well after waiting on VatoZone to bring in the part I just went ahead and ordered the Rebuild kit for it which was 17.99 compared to the 60.99 for a new one. Great easy for a DIYer. Fairly simple comes with a new spring,seal,washer, "rod", and lock ring. Removed old one and installed new one in about 5 minutes tops. Installed everything. Filled to the top with brake fluid. Opened the bleeder valve at the slave cylinder, then I attached a hose to it and then submerged the other in of the hose in a bottle of brake fluid. Started pumping the clutch by hand since it still had no pressure. You can see all the air being let out in the bottle of brake fluid, and it just sucks nothing but brake fluid in since it's submerged. Did this until there was no air in the line closed the bleeder valve. Began pumping the clutch again to build up pressure and wala good to go....

Thanks everyone for your help. I was thinking about dropping the tranny. Thank god I didn't have to!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement