LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 3-19-16, 8:58 Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 0

1997 2G MX-6 for sale

1997 2.5 litre V6 MX6.

I am sadly tasked with selling this stunning car as owned by my late Brother in Law who died in December.

During the time that he owned it he has spent many thousands of pounds restoring the car, this includes a full body restoration with a number of genuine Mazda replacement panels that he imported from the USA due to their unavailability in the UK. The respray was a particularly high quality job that cost his in the order of £2500-3000. Unfortunately, much of the documentation relating to the restoration was destroyed in error. I do however have a suite of images of the car in the spray shop which demonstrate the attention to detail involved in this work.

The car is a 2.5 litre V6 with Manual transmission and has covered just 80,000 miles. I don't want to come over as teaching my granny to suck eggs on a forum dedicated to the MX6 but as you will all know, these cars were renowned for the silky smoothness of the V6 engine and this one is particularly quiet and smooth, a credit to the obvious TLC the car has had spent on it over the years.

As well as the body restoration the car has had a number of modifications carried out, a full set of D2 adjustable Coilover springs and shock absorbers which make it a very tight and precise driver.

It has what I assume to be EBC spotted and grooved discs fitted so it stops very well. The alloy wheels have been professionally refurbished and the tyres are Hankook Ventus up front and Federal 595 RS-R on the rear, all are standard sizes so no issues with gearing etc. All the tyres have plenty tread left on them.

It has a stainless steel sports system fitted which compliments the sound of the V6 beautifully.

The car has a valid MOT test certificate which expires mid-August 2016.

All the electrics work with the exception of the ariel which I suspect has the usual stripped plastic 'rack' you can hear the motor working when you switch the DAB radio/CD player on.

On the downside and remembering that this is a nineteen-year old car it will require some work.

The driverís seat bolster is worn and torn commensurate with the age of the car.

The handbrake needs attention.

The driverís door trim requires some new fixings to re-attach it to the door as it should be.

There are also two new track rods with the car which, knowing my late Brother in Law would be something that he just felt needed replaced.

I believe that this will be one of the finest examples certainly on the bodywork front due to the bodywork restoration carried out in early 2014, the fact that there is not so much as a blemish on the paintwork is testimony to the quality of the work carried out. I think that most people who understand cars will know that if it has been a poor bodywork restoration then it does not take long for blemishes/rust to start breaking through again.

I'm looking for offers in the region of £1500 but will accept any reasonable offer, it isn't doing the car any favours just sitting on my drive, cars are made to be driven and I'd dearly love to see this one back out on the road.

ElmerFud has viewed the car and will I'm sure endorse everything I've said in the advert.

I'm located in Fife, if interested please drop me a message .

The sharp eyed will have spotted that the Reg does carry MX6 in there too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page