Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

MX-6 seats

4K views 30 replies 8 participants last post by  DarkMx-6 
#1 ·
Not sure of the exact years but I think the seats I'm looking for are from the '88 - '91 MX-6.

Looking to buy from someone local or that can quote me a reasonable price shipped to 91605.

John

See less See more
#4 ·
What do they look like?

sup man, i know theres two mx6 88-89 in the pick your pull in riverside. you might want to take the trip, most interiors are shit, but you never know. hit me up if you want someone to help you. i'm in 90242. laters.

*Crap, i guess one got crushed, anyways, here's the link:

Vehicle Inventory | Used Auto Parts | Used Cars and Trucks | LKQ Pick-A-Part - Riverside

just search mazda and it's there.
Sweet! I'm gonna try and make my way down there and see if the seats are in decent condition or not. Thanks for the help offer!! I may take you up on it. PM me your contact info and I'll ring you up the day I head down there. If you're available that would be awesome!:smile2:

John

#3 ·
yard trip?

sup man, i know theres two mx6 88-89 in the pick your pull in riverside. you might want to take the trip, most interiors are shit, but you never know. hit me up if you want someone to help you. i'm in 90242. laters.

*Crap, i guess one got crushed, anyways, here's the link:

http://www.lkqpickyourpart.com/locations/LKQ_Pick-A-Part_-_Riverside-290/recents/

just search mazda and it's there.

#7 ·
Sucks you couldn't find your seats, there's always ecology, hate that they don't have a vehicle inventory on their website, i have one not too far from me, might go sometime soon. the one i'm talking about is in santa fe springs. let me know if you're down and when you can go. later.

i'll be off this friday, then sat,sun, mon next week.

pm me, or email me. lates.

#8 ·
Found an MX-3 with seats but the driver side left upper and lower bolster were torn. Just not sure if it would be worth having them reupholstered. I've been quoted $200 a seat and that is for cloth only.

Hell, for $200 I can buy a brand new set of ebay special buckets.

John

#12 ·
By rule of thumb I generally try and stick to Same year model as car.
But You'd probably be pretty safe going from 88-91 At least on the 626's Mazda Generally doesn't change Alot untill a Facelift model.

I know that I'm about to go and steal the Seat off a 1989 626 N/A Automatic and it'll bolt straight up.

But The floorplans for the Telstar 626 mx-6 and Probe are all the same as far as I'm aware.
IN straya' we don't get the Probe or GT and from what I"ve read they're slightly different.
But I reckon you'd be able to find a base model 626 from your year relatively easy.

#13 ·
Not many MX-6's around me and when I do find them they usually come with the regular seats.

Same with 626's. There are some but they all have regular seats as well. I had found a set at my local yard when they were closing and it was raining so I figured I'd come back after it stopped raining and get them. They crushed the car.....

John

#15 ·
I'm also at a loss here now, as we didn't have the GT version here in Australia.
But I went and picked up another seat out of a non turbo 626 yesterday and it bolted straight up.

#21 ·
They're the seats in Larry's probe right? If so, they weren't from a 626 gt. I was the one that bought em at the yard, they're from a 29k mile 626 lx. The backs may not be as supportive but is it that noticeable?

If you find seats in the condition those 626 seats are in, I wouldn't pass em up. There's a much better chance of finding those than mx6 seats.

#25 ·
Ah yes... I've worked out the difference since I posted.

Funnily enough I've got the Mx-6 seats you're refferring to in the my 626 already and I've just pulled them out and replaced them with stock 626 seats.

The height difference IMO isn't that noticeable and being a shorter bloke I actually enjoy being able to see where I'm going.
The comfort was actually nicer in the 626 seat the trim pattern IMO was also alot nicer, and the overall condition of the seat was pretty fuckin' great.

#27 ·
Hey Moto, I guess since you don't have a high post count? You're not able to do it. Kind of weird that you joined back in '08 and you can't edit. I'll hit you up later on tonight about the parts I inquired about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.