Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Atlanta MX-6/Probe Owners Club

71K views 656 replies 39 participants last post by  89freakMX6GT 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
ATL & Other DIrty South Mazdas

I have been meaning to post this, but I am trying to form a Atlanta MX-6/Probe Owners Club. This is a from scratch project I have been working for ~ 2 weeks now. I created a myspace page for it that is under review. I figured that, now I am alone, that in my spare time this is a construstive way to meet new people who have the same general interest.

So if ya'll know of anyone who owns a 1988-1997 Mazda MX-6 or a 1989-1997 Ford Probe or 1988-2002 Mazda 626, and who is at least 18 or over (perferably, but exceptions). Plus, who is into there vehicle (in any manner) and interested in meeting new people. Have them drop me an e-mail at turbochargedryan@bellsouth.net.

Speaking of, there is going to be a Georgia Mazda Meet on March 26th, 2006. My car should be there, don't know the total outcomes, but most likly I will go ahead with the motor rebuild and take it to show (since the car is very rare now) Heres the details: (Thanks to Siege for this info)

2006 GA Mazda Meet
Rain or shine
When: March 26th!! (Sunday)
Where: Dave and Busters in Duluth, GA
4000 Venture Dr. I-85 at Steve Reynolds Blvd. /Exit 103
(770) 497-1152
Time: 2:00pm!!

We will attend meetings like this plus try to goto car shows. Any Georgia mx-6/probe/626 owner can join- even previous owners. This is still an open thing, I am responsible for it.... so yeah. If you are interested, post here and send me an e-mail. I figured this would be a good idea, there has been a massing population of our cars around here. Also, regular meetings can be arranged and possible sponserships in the future (Got to make ourselves known for THAT to happen!). If anything, a good way to hang out with some good people, and good times. Anybody is welcome, plus if we attend meetings, got to be drug free (Gotta keep the police of us).

Laters,
Ryan

See less See more
#4 ·
Do you guys ever meet further north of atlanta? maybe forsyth county? no im not 18 til May but i love my car and dont know anyone other than my friend with his 79 porsche thats interested in their car....

#5 · (Edited)
Hey, anything is possible. Thats the point behind this. possible that if it becomes beyond the control of one big organization, it can be divided up into chapters. I am starting this for all of us to have something to belong too as well. If anything, it can start out as meets at big shows (Nopi, Drift Atlanta, HIN, Mazda Meets, etc.). And yes, smaller meets with just us at places across the state. No offical meetings yet since this is still hot off the presses. But anything is open right now. Just need to get people interested and joining. No fees, absolutly free. Possible vinyls or decals in future. Cool thing is, this could be something that goes beyond just meets, but hang outs at others houses like cookouts and stuff. Or even parks...

Ryan

Oh yeah, if your that close to 18 thats cool. I am really trying to steer away form fresh drivers if anything. Ones that would be tempted into doing stupid stuff or even not allowed in some places b/c of age. Thats all, exceptions can be made. Yeah, a 16 and 17 year old driver can join, but there has to be known that some things have age limits.

#9 ·
im interested esp since im almost out of high school and will have plenty of time lol....

What do you consider stupid? cuz i mean everybody does something stupid at one point in their life.....like getting caught driving 120 in a minivan past curfew....

#10 ·
LOL, well.... what u do in your personal time is different than when we all would be going somewhere (Meeting, show, etc..). It's already bad enough to have cops eye ball a bunch of mazdas cruzing together, just don't do stupid stuff like that when cruzing as a team.

I have, I admit, taken my MX-6 to 139mph down 85N near South Carolina, so I do stupid stuff to, but in my own time.

Get it?

Guess this makes three so far... ya'll shoot me an e-mail to turbochargedryan@bellsouth.net . If we are gonna start something, gotta get it right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.