Mazda MX-6 Forum - View Single Post - 2nd Gen Forced induction member/car database
View Single Post
post #62 of (permalink) Old 11-7-06, 22:13
KING6

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Power: 5

Car/Model/Engine/Year: MX-6 LS 2.5L KLO3/KLDE V6 '94

Method of forced induction used:
Turbonetics T3/T04E 60-1 Compressor .60/ Turbine .63, Stage 3 Exhaust wheel.
Tial 38mm Wastegate, custom dumped to down pipe.
Xo2 (TWI) Stainless Steel Hot Pipes,
Tial 50mm Polished BOV
NitrousWorks N20, Purge and Intercooler Cooling

Intercooled or not, type of your choice: Custom Bar and Plate Intercooler 28”lenght x 6”height x 2.5thick with 2.5 Ends.

Piping/drive system for SC's: Mild Steel 2.0 pipes turbo to Intercooler, 2.0 pipeing after Intercooler, transitioned to aluminum 2.5 pipe to the throttle body.

Fuel mods: Walbro 255 lph fuel pump, Mbx Ultimate Fuel Pressure Regulator Setup. Megasquirtnspark v2.2, Nissan 480cc pinktops in modded rails.

Engine/tranny mods: Stock internals, Clutch Masters II Clutch, Mbx Lightweight Underdrive Pulley, MSD Plug Wires,MSD Blaster 3 coil, PRD Disty Cap , 2.5 custom mandrel bent full exhuast w/ Ultra flow Performance Muffler, Greddy Profec S Electric Boost Controller, Blitz FATT,

Special features on your system: Was able to keep the foglights with such a large intercooler and not have pipes under the chassis. Wastegate custom dumped to the down pipe, was able to keep the Oil Cooler, Relocated Windsheild washer resivor, Relocated coolant resivor, Custom Motor Mount, Custom Heat shields.

Performance: I cant seem to keep the lead out of my foot

Was it hard to come up with this: I actually installed it all on my own. It was challenge, but it wasent the impossible. But Im kinda smart n stuff.

What is your knowledge about cars: I can honestly say ive gone through my mx6 completely, from body, to motor, to interior, right down to the electrical. Im also a deisel mechanic and work on many cars.

How long did it take to build your system: About 10 months gathering parts on a small budget. 10hrs to install, 8hrs fabrication/modification work, 10hrs to install IC and pipes, and probably 20hrs fixing odds and ends, making stuff better.

How much money have you spent on this all:$$2500+

What is your advice for people who wants to get boosted: Save up about $2500.00. Then one day go crazy on buying parts and install it all in less then a month. Best case scenario is you realize spending that much money on your car is absurd and back out before you spent one cent.
Also, Dont buy knock off parts.

Last edited by KING6; 11-18-07 at 2:13.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome