Mazda MX-6 Forum - View Single Post - 2nd Gen Forced induction member/car database
View Single Post
post #69 of (permalink) Old 12-20-07, 19:31
Turk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 5

EDIT - Setup changed

Car/Model/Engine/Year: Mx-6 1993 KLDE

Method of forced induction used: Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball bearing. 57/63. Plasmaman BOV , Tial 38mm wastegate with a 4 psi spring.

Intercooled or not, type of your choice: Intercooled with a an ebay intercooler.

Piping Custom made by shop. 2" from turbo outlet, to 2.5" intercooler then 2.5" all the way to TB.

Fuel mods: Walbro 255 lph fuel pump, Nissan 370cc Skyline RB25DET injectors in a rebel2k4 rail, Sard adjustable fpr,

Engine/tranny mods: Stock KL-de. Exedy heavy duty clutch with custom pressure plate.

Special features on your system: Radar built Megasquirt with a LC-1 wideband. Blitz EBC set from 4-10psi and everything in between to get rid of nasty turbo lag.

Performance: 174kw atw at 9psi.

Was it hard to come up with this: Once you know what you are doing, and actually have the money to back it up, it isnt to hard as long as you realise it will work out.

What is your knowledge about cars: My mate has a workshop that I visit regularly, have been doing major services on my car and parents car for a while. No formal education and training, I learnt most of what I know now when I actually got stuck into boosting.

How long did it take to build your system: 4 months slowly gathering parts and I did the usual install what you can in stages. 2 months altogether from NA - Boost, could of done it in 1 week if I do it again.

How much money have you spent on this all: I bought all parts genuine and got the best I could straight away. I get stuff shipped to Australia so it costs more sometimes then you yanks. Only the turbo is replica, and that is changing soon as well. Probably spent $3500-$4000 all together now. I stopped counting at $3000 as I was to busy then eventually didnt care, as long as paycheck covered it, I was happy. By the time I am finished, $5000 would be a good bet. I do all the labour myself as well, only welding I cant do.

What is your advice for people who wants to get boosted: Read first, have a nice pile of money to fall back on, have another car for WHEN stuff doesnt go right. It is fairly hard to do it right, but it is alot harder and more expensive to it right the 2nd time. The end result, is still well worth the effort and money

200kw KLZE-T

Last edited by Turk; 5-4-10 at 23:23.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome