Q: How do I hook up my Fixed Boost Controller / Bleeder Valve?
A: Dawe's Device and other manual Boost Controllers:
Okay, here's some pointers for this cheap and simple way to add on some BIZZOOOST!
(Read the dawes instructions carefully. Do NOT install this thing backwards because you rushed into it.)
1) Go to www.performanceprobe.com
and go to the upgrades section. Click on the Boost controllers and then check out the diagrams for the fixed boost controller, paying careful attention to the diagram of our turbo. The theory is very similar to what you're doing with the dawe's.
2) The elbow bend of the dawe's has to be attached to the wastegate actuator, (which is hose#2 in the probe diagram). You can find this at the rear of the turbo unit, it's an elbow bend out of a fat little cylinder which is the wastegate. Remember, this is where you tie in the ELBOW side of the dawe's.
3) The other end of the dawe's (for boost source) can be either teed into the manifold vacuum lines up behind the throttle body OR (and most people have done this) simply into the turbo outlet (hose#1 in the probe diagram). This will prevent spiking, and you won't need so much hose. You can find this outlet high up on the turbo's out pipe, to the front of the car.
4) You'll want to cut the third hose ( #3) and cap it. Use a screw and a twistie. This hose runs from the bottom of the solenoid to the Mass Airflow Sensor.
5) It's a good idea to use enough hose that you can secure the Dawe's to the metal bracket that holds the T junction from the intercooler pipes. That's most convienient, I've found. Other people have mounted it somewhere else, but always within reasonable reach.
That'd about do it!