Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

List of Rims that Fit our Car (Please Post Here)

65K views 72 replies 44 participants last post by  Nextsequel 
#1 · (Edited)
We're gonna start a big post of what rims will fin on the GD body. Please list them here. I'll start with:
1gen probe
RX-7
Look at the link below. Any car with 5x114.3 the rim will bolt on the car. This doesn't exactly mean that it will fit, but it probably will if the rim is 17" or less.

http://www.geocities.com/pantha_37/cars/Rims.xls

#3 ·
Laser/Talon/Eclipse (DSM lug nuts must be used.)

2nd gen Probe/Mx6/626 wheels.

Mazda Millenia. Saw the newer 17's on a 1G 626 and looked sexy!!!

Mazdaspeed Protege wheels fit but the rear rubs. I think if 215/40/17's used (215/45/17 are stock) Im sure they would fit.

Pretty much any 5x114 Mazda wheel will fit.

#4 · (Edited)
Nissan 200SX (badged "240"sx in the states)
R33 Skyline (GTST/GTR only, GTS is 4 stud)
R34 Skyline
Mitsubishi Magna/Verada
Ford Falcon (BA only)
Ford Telstar (1989+)

I don't think you guys get the big mitsubishi in the states.
1st pic is a Mitsubishi Magna or Verada (I have a Verada xi, 3.5L V6, dark green with tan leather)

2nd pic is the Falcon, i know you don't get these.

#5 ·
Some more:

STI's have changed from 5x100 to 5x114 in 2005.
Evo's are 5x114 as well.

So there's opportunity of some decent OEM rims coming onto the 2nd hand market shortly as STI owners go aftermarket.
Not sure about offsets though.

#6 ·
the bolt patteren might be the same but how about the off set. remember we can not play with our of set that much cuz they rub realy bad

Reactions: crusty
#9 ·
I bought a set of 17x8 ADR mesh style rims from one of my buddies ... The rims came off of a 91 MR2 ... I don't know what the offset is on them but they don't rub or anything ... Rides nice

#10 ·
I have the protege5 wheels, but the wheels off my 2004 350z fit (enthusiast model, 17x8), as well as the fronts and rears on my 91 Twin Turbo 300zx (fronts are 16x7.5 +38, and rears are 16x8.5 +50).

#13 ·
Mazda Rx8 wheels fit but will rub in the back with the stock 225's. I tried on my 05 STI wheels w/ the stock 225's also before and will also require a spacer in the back bacause again with rubbing.
Also Maxima wheels and Galant

#14 · (Edited)
Of these wheels, how many require the center bore to be opened up?

Maxima wheels are listed - this should be noted that only the 1989 and newer wheels will fit - before that, they were 4x114.3 bolt pattern.

And, since Maxima wheels fit, will the wheels from a `94 and newer Mustang fit, as well? They fit the Maxima perfectly - the offset is not quite as deep @ 30-32mm...but the center bore is the same...

#15 ·
What's the max size wheel we can fit on the 1st Gen MX6? I'm lookin to go a little extreme, being that I'm gainfully employed and have bread rolling in now....

Looking at either the 19x8 or 20x8 Konig Unknowns with 35 or 30 series rubber...

#18 ·
if you go with a 30 offset you will run into trouble of the wheel rubbing with the strut, with the 2gen struts on all 4's with the coils I would do 225/40or35/19 225/35 for the 20's. you can possibly go to a 235. a 245 with spacers and longer studs will also do. the biggest I would personally go is 18's

#19 ·
Yeah, I've got 17" Revo's now and they look decent....but I want something larger to fill up the empty space...and dropping the car an inch or two just isn't going to do it IMO.

2g coilovers will fit without modification? good thing to know.....and yeah I know that 20's is a little bit burnt rice....but I saw a 2002 GTI with 20's, and I knew then I had to get them on mine...hahaha

#20 ·
you can get the 2gen struts to fit perfect in the front but on the rear you will need to grind the spindle a bit to get them to fit. I am using 2gen Illuminas with 1gen GroundControls right now. When I had that setup on my 1gen PGT I was able to fit 235/45/17's in the rear with NO spacers

#26 ·
Of these wheels, how many require the center bore to be opened up?
I dont think so. The smallest center bore Ive seen was the Lexus IS300 rim. I bored it out for my friends Eclipse. The Eclipse wheels fit fine on our cars, they actually need a centering ring (well stock DSM lugnuts work as a centering ring) because the center bore is too big.

I dont think any mods to the center bores are needed for any rims to fit.
Thats another car on the list

Lexus IS300 wheels

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.