DXF File for Adapter vj11 to t3 Flange - Mazda MX-6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-12-18, 2:01 Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 5

DXF File for Adapter vj11 to t3 Flange

I crunched out on FreeCad today a file to cut out flanges to go from a vj11 to a t3 flange. This will be in the form of a dxf file. I'm not sure why this was never made before, but I will post it up if there is an interest after I have the first one cut. They will be 1/2" thick. There may be some obstacles with the bolts. You will need button 10.9 8mm x 1.25 or grind down some 12.9 zinc plated 8mm x1.25 socket cap screws x 1" (x4). I will leave the flange drilled but unthreaded, but most t3 flanges are 10 mm x 1.5. The inner will need to be ground to adjust to the t3 since I couldn't get it right on the program. The 8mm heads will recess up into the flange and you simply screw in 10mm studs that stick out from the other set of holes.

Last edited by solerpwr; 11-12-18 at 2:10.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 1-12-19, 15:05 Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 5

Image of the adapter bracket half on. I am using it the other way around because I'm building my own t3 manifold for another vehicle and using the vj11 turbo. The alignment is good. My machinist simply cut it out because really there is not much to it. You will need four 12.9 hex socket cap screw 8 mm x 1.25 x 35 mm and shave 1 mm off the head top, or four bolts without a flange. Depending on what t3 flange /t3 turbo you are using the other bolts will vary. If your going stock mazda/ford turbo manifold the install should just be flipped around with a little less work. For this one I am using three JIS 10 mm x 1.25 x 40mm bolt and one 10 mm x 1.25 x 35mm. You have to grind off most of the bolt flange on three and get three steel 3/8" x roughly 1/2" steel spacers that fit between the turbo flange. The 10 mm x 1.25 bolt clears, but even the JIS heads will not clear and this is the reason for the spacer. The bolt will simply lock down on the spacers. The fourth bolt the head needs to be cut down from a 14 mm JIS head to a 12 mm head to clear all the way up without the spacer to clear the o2 housing. You could do this for all four, but the spacers are an easier way. Going from stock manifold to t3 turbo will most likely require something similar.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page