Fuel cut after installing chip - Page 2 - Mazda MX-6 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 7-16-19, 15:31 Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Power: 5

Yea. I'm going to have to do some serious reading, before I make the change. It's hard when I have a currently great running 89 to hack into it.

I for sure see the benefits though. Probably be a winter time project and closer to fe3 swap time.

For now I'll try to just get a good chip to eliminate fuel cut, and then work on adding more fuel/supporting mods for bigger turbo.

if you see me, take a good look. i wont be around for long!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 7-17-19, 23:41 Thread Starter

Received the new chip today. I installed it and seems as though boost cut is finally gone. It is wet outside so I spin the wheels once the boost gets up there, but it seemed to be holding 16 without any issue in higher gears.

So I gotta give goodchildren the thumbs up after all.

I will say, I don't know if you bought the ECU already chipped or if you installed it. I bought mine already ready to go. When I opened it up to switch the chips, it looked as though the Probenator was not seated all the way.

Worth looking at.

Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
Please could you post your results? I'm really trying to avoid going with an aftermarket ecu lol.

post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 7-17-19, 23:53 Thread Starter

This post is a little odd to me. Are you running a boost controller?

If you set the boost to say.. 10.. can you fully drive the vehicle then? No issues with full throttle?

My car drove fine as long as I kept it below the 12 psi. If I raised the boost then when I hit high psi it would cut out.

Now your issue may be chip related, as I don't know what else that particular chip does. Does the car beep at you when it cuts out?

Based on your post im feeling like you do have a large boost leak.

Quote:
I got my chip from goodchildren. Purchased from ebay, but was dealing with him over the forum here. Nothing was resolved, didn't feel like asking for my money back either. idk. Car is parked now anyways lol couldn't go more than 2/3 throttle without it cutting on me. Kinda made the car unpredictable to drive. Life I guess

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 7-18-19, 14:10

Quoted: 103 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0smokedrice View Post
Yea. I'm going to have to do some serious reading, before I make the change. It's hard when I have a currently great running 89 to hack into it.

Probably be a winter time project and closer to fe3 swap time.
don't make the mistake of doing megasquirt and FE3 at the same time.

Megasquirt your already running F2T then maybe think of doing the FE3. I'm telling you this from experience. I wasn't doing an FE3 but it was a swap into another car. (see sig) My project is about to hit it's 10 year anniversary, still not done. Slight progress is being done now. I wish I would have learned MS first then did the swap. You live and you learn. I'm now I totally abandoned MS for Haltech. I am Not saying that MS is bad or that it is not as good it's just too many ingredients for an already complicated soup.

Mx-7 Project reborn! -F2T in a FC RX-7 (400hp?)

Last edited by DarkMx-6; 7-18-19 at 14:38.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 7-18-19, 17:58

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Glad you had success with the new chip!
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 7-21-19, 9:31

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Car can spike to 12psi , beeps, cuts, teeth smash, the whole bit lol. Currently only running a 2.25" turbo back exhaust.

Bought a Probe LX on Tuesday, so the 626 will just stay parked for a while...probably save up for microsquirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0smokedrice View Post
This post is a little odd to me. Are you running a boost controller?

If you set the boost to say.. 10.. can you fully drive the vehicle then? No issues with full throttle?

My car drove fine as long as I kept it below the 12 psi. If I raised the boost then when I hit high psi it would cut out.

Now your issue may be chip related, as I don't know what else that particular chip does. Does the car beep at you when it cuts out?

Based on your post im feeling like you do have a large boost leak.

Quote:
I got my chip from goodchildren. Purchased from ebay, but was dealing with him over the forum here. Nothing was resolved, didn't feel like asking for my money back either. idk. Car is parked now anyways lol couldn't go more than 2/3 throttle without it cutting on me. Kinda made the car unpredictable to drive. Life I guess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page