1989 MX-6 GT Suspension question. - Mazda MX-6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-6-17, 10:54 Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Power: 5

1989 MX-6 GT Suspension question.

Is there a supplier for the suspension control module? Also, is their a kit that will allow the suspension to be converted from ECS to just standard suspension? Thanks in advance for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-6-17, 16:40

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Power: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBill View Post
Is there a supplier for the suspension control module? Also, is their a kit that will allow the suspension to be converted from ECS to just standard suspension? Thanks in advance for any help.
TRY JIM ELLIS MAZDA: https://www.jimellismazdaparts.com/s...category=20250

I don't see what your looking for as being avail #66-340C in both electrical, and suspension parts. Likely disco'd. Not sure if this is even what you want???

You can always purchase those Tokico Blues, they are not adjustable. There's some great links on here with part #'s. Soon, I plan on doing a second gen strut swap and slotting my stock mounts.

1988 MX-6 GT
Santa Cruz, CA
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-6-17, 17:27 Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsrideinsc View Post
TRY JIM ELLIS MAZDA: https://www.jimellismazdaparts.com/s...category=20250

I don't see what your looking for as being avail #66-340C in both electrical, and suspension parts. Likely disco'd. Not sure if this is even what you want???

You can always purchase those Tokico Blues, they are not adjustable. There's some great links on here with part #'s. Soon, I plan on doing a second gen strut swap and slotting my stock mounts.
Problem: I'm trying to sell my 1989 MX-6 GT. I am the original owner, purchased off of show room floor in 1988. Everything works just fine and it is in great shape with original paint and upholstery. A person who is interested in purchasing the car pointed out that the Mazda dealer told him that the circuit board that controls the suspension mode has been discontinued. So, he is concerned that if he purchases the car and that part goes bad he cannot replace it. I think that circuit board (controller/module/etc) is located in the trunk. If I could find a supplier for this part I was going to tell the prospective buyer. If not, I wanted to tell him if the electronic suspension control goes bad, he can convert it to a standard suspension system and hopefully point him in the direction for a kit or parts that could be used to make the conversion. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-7-17, 18:09

Quoted: 41 Post(s)

Can I ask what your asking price is? You will most likely not find the oem suspension bits.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page